The Daily for Wednesday May 12, 2021

richwmn

4 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Hostas are risky for me because Bambi thinks that they're delicious. For the places where a hosta would make sense, I would plant brunneras.

BRJF_0_Brunnera_Jack_Frost.1489703752.jp

I SAW this plant at our local nursery where we get our water garden accoutrements, and wondered what it was. It didn’t look totally like Forget-Me-Nots, but sure seemed to be sprouting it’s flowers. 

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

It didn’t look totally like Forget-Me-Nots, but sure seemed to be sprouting it’s flowers. 

Flowers like those are typical in brunneras, but people grow them more for the foliage, which can be quite large and often has contrasting veining.

I should confess that the photo is from Bluestone Perennials, not from my garden.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, NextOne said:

Happy Wednesday,  friends!

Jacqui, I have an update on DH for the Care List. Yesterday, he had more MRIs of the brain. The two lesions detected two weeks ago have grown aggressively,  so the doctors are recommending five days of targeted intense radiation to shrink them to the point of elimination.  DH agrees, so the treatments will start tomorrow.  Prayers welcomed!!

Thanks!

Prayers are coming his way. 🙏 May these treatments bring him healing. May you both feel God’s presence over these five days of radiation. 

St Louis Sal

• Like 9

Good evening.  Haven't read the entire daily.  Will try to catch up late.  Just wanted to send my well wished to all on the care list and happy, happy to everyone else.

Hit 80 degrees here today in Vancouver, WA.  Love it but am worried about everything being so dry.

Have a great evening.  

• Like 8

The Daily thread has become very popular, thanks to Rich and everyone who contributes.

@kazuthank you for continuing the care and celebration lists while Roy has the proceedure and recuperates.

@NextOnesorry that your DH has the two lesions, best wishes for success from the radiation treatment.  Please  look after yourself.

@JazzyV how soon will you know the result of your scan?

It's slghtly warmer here today, 13 C expected after only 9 C yesterday, but we have sunshine.

Nurses should be appreciated every day.

Pork Chops and vegetables  will be our dinner this evening.

Thanks for all the photos.

Take care everyone.

• Like 8