Adventure: One Month Out From First Sailing

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I read somewhere, the crew ship's crew will not be reduced because the extra help will still be needed to do extra cleaning and different protocol things, so crew will not be reduced, they will need a full crew.

Pretty sure they will need more then the  965.

Full crew for that ship is 1185

That makes sense, it maybe that some we're already vaccinated or maybe they get vaccinated prior to boarding and then quarantine for 14 days.  I don't know. 

On 5/22/2021 at 2:12 PM, WxNerd said:

For point #2, only 11-15 year olds will require a PCR test. 

travelProtocols

International Travel Protocols
2. Children 10 years old or younger or pilots and crew of a commercial airline who are not staying more than one night in The Bahamas are exempt from the RT-PCR COVID-19 test requirement.

That appears to be for country entry only.  I believe the latest is that unvaccinated children up to 16 will still need PCR to board. 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 2:12 PM, WxNerd said:

For point #2, only 11-15 year olds will require a PCR test. 

travelProtocols

International Travel Protocols
2. Children 10 years old or younger or pilots and crew of a commercial airline who are not staying more than one night in The Bahamas are exempt from the RT-PCR COVID-19 test requirement.

That is not what royal says, their last email clearly says anyone under 16 will require pcr test before boarding.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is not what royal says, their last email clearly says anyone under 16 will require pcr test before boarding.

Have they sent out a more recent one than last week? The last one I have said 16 and under would receive a Covid test prior to boarding. It’s doesn’t say anything about a PCR test, and when I talked to Royal they said that 16 and under would receive a rapid test at embarkation. 

Edited by WxNerd

1 hour ago, WxNerd said:

This is also the updated FAQ from RCIs FAQ page. It used to mention PCR tests, but doesn’t any longer, only rapid tests. 

C8D2D624-66F1-4D99-8852-F8CC124FF028.jpeg

It said PCR test right in the text.

Just it's a rapid PCR (60 minutes), not a standard PCR (6 hours)

1 hour ago, WxNerd said:

Have they sent out a more recent one than last week? The last one I have said 16 and under would receive a Covid test prior to boarding. It’s doesn’t say anything about a PCR test, and when I talked to Royal they said that 16 and under would receive a rapid test at embarkation. 

Sorry I should have just put test in post.  Their email didnt specify which type of test children will receive.

Edited by Sunshine3601

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

It said PCR test right in the text.

Just it's a rapid PCR (60 minutes), not a standard PCR (6 hours)

Ok, so yes, a rapid test. But again that is for Royal. My original response was to clarify the entry into the Bahamas, only those 11 and up require the PCR test. Hence why I quoted Bahamian rules not RCI. 

13 hours ago, bstel said:

works for me.  I had figured they would drop masks for vaccinated people, but was more curious if they were going to allow us to do our own excursions, as I was planning on doing the Wild Side of Cozumel with Cozumel Bar Hop.  so much better on the east side away from all the tourist stuff.

Done both.

The East side pretty much doesn't have any swimmable beaches because the water is too rough.

So basically it is just bars and sightseeing.

12 hours ago, XSWABBY said:

A poster on another site has received this notice for the June 12, 2021 cruise from Nassau. "Your Electronic Cruise Documents Are Now Available."

Looks like it is really a "go". 

I am on June 12th sailing and mine still says:

"You have no cruise documents available at this time"

as of this morning

2 minutes ago, NightOne said:

I am on June 12th sailing and mine still says:

"You have no cruise documents available at this time"

as of this morning

18 days to go before your cruise...............and you don't even know for sure it's going.............Wow that would drive me nuts, I love planning almost every single day, Pre-day hotel, car rentals, private excursions............I would go insane just thinking about it.

More power to everyone that can book a vacation like that. Wouldn't be my wife and I doing that.

Way to many unknowns to be one of the first one's sailing. Pass !

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

18 days to go before your cruise...............and you don't even know for sure it's going.............Wow that would drive me nuts, I love planning almost every single day, Pre-day hotel, car rentals, private excursions............I would go insane just thinking about it.

More power to everyone that can book a vacation like that. Wouldn't be my wife and I doing that.

Way to many unknowns to be one of the first one's sailing. Pass !

After 17 cancelled cruises the thought of cancellation is less stressful than it once was. (but would still really suck)

Personally, I think this one is too far along to cancel. They could still cancel future Adventure cruises out of Nassau but not the first few. 

Then again you never know. I'll be livid if they do. LOL

We have everything planned btw. Flights, hotel, shore excursions, etc. Although I will change excursions in Cozumel if we can go on our own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NightOne said:

After 17 cancelled cruises the thought of cancellation is less stressful than it once was. (but would still really suck)

Personally, I think this one is too far along to cancel. They could still cancel future Adventure cruises out of Nassau but not the first few. 

Then again you never know. I'll be livid if they do. LOL

We have everything planned btw. Flights, hotel, shore excursions, etc. Although I will change excursions in Cozumel if we can go on our own.

Same here - I'm not really worried about it being cancelled but I will be happy when they finally let us check in.  I also have ship excusions in Cozumel and Freeport that I will cancel once they officially  announce that we can do our own thing.  Any ideas on things to do in Freeport?  We may just go to a beach but I like to have options if we not in the mood.

4 minutes ago, Wordell1 said:

Same here - I'm not really worried about it being cancelled but I will be happy when they finally let us check in.  I also have ship excusions in Cozumel and Freeport that I will cancel once they officially  announce that we can do our own thing.  Any ideas on things to do in Freeport?  We may just go to a beach but I like to have options if we not in the mood.

Last time I was there I went to Lighthouse Pointe at the Grand Lucayan. We got a day pass for like $20 or $25. This is the property Royal Caribbean has been talking about buying for the last few years but I don't think they have officially completed the transaction. I'm not sure if they are currently open or not.

• Like 1

Debbie Downer here.

NCL has pulled the Joy from their website.

For those that don't know, NCL was doing a similar experiment launching the Joy from Montego Bay, Jamaica for August, September, and October.

No official word from the company.

Maybe false alarm.

1 minute ago, CroozFanatic said:

Debbie Downer here.

NCL has pulled the Joy from their website.

For those that don't know, NCL was doing a similar experiment launching the Joy from Montego Bay, Jamaica for August, September, and October.

No official word from the company.

Maybe false alarm.

I think if they were going to cancel the AOS sailings out of Bahamas, they would have done it when they cancelled the Bermuda cruises.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Wordell1 said:

I think if they were going to cancel the AOS sailings out of Bahamas, they would have done it when they cancelled the Bermuda cruises.

Your logic makes to much sense.  I wouldn't bet on it. Usually 1 shoe drops before the other...........

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

Done both.

The East side pretty much doesn't have any swimmable beaches because the water is too rough.

So basically it is just bars and sightseeing.

exactly.  swimming depends on the amount of seaweed and how rough the waves are.  but give me a beach, peace and quiet, many drinks, and an umbrella/palapa and I am good to go.

As soon as RCCL scrubbed the Bermuda sailings, speculation started on the NCL boards about the Joy and the Gem out of Jamaica and Dominican Republic respectively.

Logic was that whatever financials RCCL was seeing in Bermuda might look "similar" to what NCL was seeing in Jamaica and DR.

1 minute ago, CroozFanatic said:

As soon as RCCL scrubbed the Bermuda sailings, speculation started on the NCL boards about the Joy and the Gem out of Jamaica and Dominican Republic respectively.

Logic was that whatever financials RCCL was seeing in Bermuda might look "similar" to what NCL was seeing in Jamaica and DR.

On the other hand, Bermuda is a very isolated location and thus had limited itinerary possibilities compared to sailings beginning in the middle of the Caribbean.

14 minutes ago, bstel said:

exactly.  swimming depends on the amount of seaweed and how rough the waves are.  but give me a beach, peace and quiet, many drinks, and an umbrella/palapa and I am good to go.

No it is not really a seaweed issue on the East side. It is a rough water issue.

13 minutes ago, CroozFanatic said:

Looks like the DR sailings are still up though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dswallow said:

On the other hand, Bermuda is a very isolated location and thus had limited itinerary possibilities compared to sailings beginning in the middle of the Caribbean.

Although Bahamas is not technically IN the Caribbean. LOL