Baltimore!!

On 5/14/2021 at 8:19 AM, ArthurUSCG said:

I would suggest driving the night before and staying local. But 4.5hr drive is far less then total time dealing with flying.

It takes me 45 minutes to fly from my airport to BWI, and I budget an hour to park my car, walk in, drop my bag, get through security, and hop my flight. It helps that i have PreCheck, and am A-List with southwest, so I use the fly-by lane at check in, but still, it doesn’t take that long unless you have a really congested airport. 

24 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

It takes me 45 minutes to fly from my airport to BWI, and I budget an hour to park my car, walk in, drop my bag, get through security, and hop my flight. It helps that i have PreCheck, and am A-List with southwest, so I use the fly-by lane at check in, but still, it doesn’t take that long unless you have a really congested airport. 

For us a 6 hour drive (depending on weather) gets us to Baltimore by Noon.  If weather appears to be threatening we drive in a day ahead just to reduce any worries.  

For flights we are close to Albany as well, however when we cruise, which is always in Jan-Feb-Mar. we always fly to Florida or Puerto Rico a day ahead. 

Albany does a great job with snow and ice however depending on hubs all over the country we are concerned about how flights are dependent on other airports in the chain. 

1 hour ago, UPNYGuy said:

You also have to add about an hour to deboard the plane and get your bags and your drive time to the airport. With DC area traffic, that drive time is a big variable, it could be either a breeze at highway speeds, or the entire area could be crawling. I also don't have precheck for the entire family, and security at BWI can be 15 minutes or an hour depending on flight loads.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:
Oasis of the Seas, Enchantment of the Seas ops crew vaccinated yesterday in Port Miami ! 210 more crew with their first shot ! Thank you

The following was published on the 4th, (THIS WAS 3 WEEKS AGO) I am sure that with all the daily dockings in Miami the number of vaccinated crew has been growing rapidly and includes more and more each day.

Royal Caribbean International's crew vaccination program is full swing thanks to PortMiami, as COVID-19 vaccinations continued on Tuesday.

Crew from the Navigator and Freedom of the Seas received COVID-19 vaccines this morning in a terminal building at the port.  

This effort follows the pop-up vaccination clinic hosted last week serving PortMiami employees and all members of the community.

Approximately 900 crew members will be getting vaccinated this week, according to a port statement.

With the end of the tunnel clearly (almost clearly-LOL) in sight,  if those making decisions haven't been preparing with vaccinations they are certainly and sadly not worthy to be in the positions they hold.

• Like 1