Qm2 summer

ShipFan13

I wonder why QM2 is waiting all the way until December 3rd to make its first eastbound transatlantic from New York to Southampton?

Things should surely be open between the States and UK by August - September? Why is it so long off?

Edited by ShipFan13
Spellchecker

I've been wondering the same thing myself. I had hoped they might even do a couple of their Caribbean runs out of NYC or even a shortie or two to Bermuda...There has been little to no news of what's happening with the QM2. I know very well that it takes some time to get a ship up and running and staffed, but I would've thought that at least some of the staffing could've been resolved by now, or are covid vaccinations so very hard to come by for them,...?

1 hour ago, ShipFan13 said:

I wonder why QM2 is waiting all the way until December 3rd to make its first eastbound transatlantic from New York to Southampton?

Things should surely be open between the States and UK by August - September? Why is it so long off?

Possibly because of the travel ban against UK Citizens in nearly all circumstances. They are not sure when this ban will be lifted. Perhaps they would feel uncomfortable with just all Americans sailings in and out of Southampton.

Or perhaps once the ban is lifted new sailings might become available for sale for August moving forward?

28 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

or are covid vaccinations so very hard to come by for them,...?

I don't know the answer to that. But if current Covid vaccines are hard to come by then I imagine it would be equally as or even harder for them to procure the updated new variant third jabs which may be upcoming down the line?

At this second in time (literally) we in the US have not had any info/news on a third or booster shot. Doesn't mean there won't be one coming down the pike. Although hardly foolproof, our three versions of the vaccine hold up very well against the variants. Or at least that's what we've been led to believe.

Before Mary 2 will reasume service she has to go into dry dock - that is my last information- from here on Cunard CC- board.

She was due in 2020, which- of course - was canceled!

As long as she does not end up in Alang or Aliaga as so many ships.. no - sorry- bad joke!

FYI... QM2's first cruise is Nov 14, Southampton to NYC (I know because I'm booked on it!)  It would be nice if Cunard uses some of this downtime to do the re-fit since they won't want to take it out of service in 2022.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 9:26 PM, Lanky Lad said:

I am sure Cunard want to get back to business as soon as possible, but then they don't want to have to cancel any more cruises.

Until the travel ban is lifted Cunard can't really schedule any new QM2 TA crossings before the one they have in November. If the ban is lifted soon they may try to sneak a couple in.

22 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Until the travel ban is lifted Cunard can't really schedule any new QM2 TA crossings before the one they have in November. If the ban is lifted soon they may try to sneak a couple in.

On this mornings news here in the USA, NBC station is reporting that restrictions for US citizens may be lifted by this summer(july?) for travel to the EU & possibly the UK.

If Carnivore Corp believes it would be profitable they'll bring back QM2(IMO)

31 minutes ago, Rotterdam said:

On this mornings news here in the USA, NBC station is reporting that restrictions for US citizens may be lifted by this summer(july?) for travel to the EU & possibly the UK.

If Carnivore Corp believes it would be profitable they'll bring back QM2(IMO)

Not in July they wont I think the next scheduled cruise on QM2 is November and cannot see it doing TAs before then.