What Does This Mean - Adventure from Nassau?

Dear Guest,

Like we’ve all learned during this time, everything is fluid and things are changing very quickly. We were almost ready to hit send on our travel requirements and health protocols for your sailing onboard Adventure of the Seas departing from The Bahamas and then we learned that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control plans to share updated guidance with us later this week.

While we know you’ve been patiently waiting for protocols, our teams have been diligently preparing and working with our medical teams, government health authorities, and testing providers to ensure we provide you with the best experience before, during, and after your cruise, and we are optimistic about this upcoming update. Please bear with us for a little more time - as we want to make sure that when we do update you, it’s as close to final as possible.

Thank you for being a part of our Royal Comeback. Our commitment is to share all the complete details as soon as possible, as we want you to have ample time to prepare for an enjoyable and healthy sailing! We’ll be reaching out again early next week and having you onboard very soon!

In case English is not your first language, it means they know people were getting antsy not having heard anything at the ~30-day point as they've been told to expect, and that they had finally been ready to provide that info, but today then learned the CDC will be providing a lot of changes to their overall guidance for cruising again later in the week.

So they decided they would like to wait to see what those are and if they would impact any decisions they had made about how Adventure of the Seas would operate. Instead of sending us what they finally had created, they're going to hold off another week to evaluate what they get from the CDC later this week.

🙂

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dswallow said:

So they decided they would like to wait to see what those are and if they would impact any decisions they had made about how Adventure of the Seas would operate. Instead of sending us what they finally had created, they're going to hold off another week to evaluate what they get from the CDC later this week.

But, they are assuming the astronomical expense of cruising out of Nassau to avoid the CDC. So why does evolving CDC "guidance" have any impact on Nassau cruise. 

8 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

But, they are assuming the astronomical expense of cruising out of Nassau to avoid the CDC. So why does evolving CDC "guidance" have any impact on Nassau cruise. 

Probably more of a CYA.  "But, that's what the CDC said."

20 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

It shouldn't. Maybe they want to see what modifications will make it easier for guests to return to the U.S. after the cruise.

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It shouldn't. Maybe they want to see what modifications will make it easier for guests to return to the U.S. after the cruise.

Or possibly they want to make sure their rules aren't more strict than the CDC's after these changes.

They're not going to want to risk giving guidance, have people possibly cancel because they think it's too strict, then in a week or two have reason to relax something that could have kept someone booked.

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Or possibly they want to make sure their rules aren't more strict than the CDC's after these changes.

They're not going to want to risk giving guidance, have people possibly cancel because they think it's too strict, then in a week or two have reason to relax something that could have kept someone booked.

I would think that it is the Bahamian rules that they need to worry about. Unless, maybe they are hoping for some last minute way to move these cruises over to Florida?

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

I doubt they're delaying this announcement multiple times because of the Bahamas though.

What do you think about the second part I added to my post, a possibility or not?

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would think that it is the Bahamian rules that they need to worry about. Unless, maybe they are hoping for some last minute way to move these cruises over to Florida?

A move to Florida would mess up a lot of flights and hotel reservations.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

A move to Florida would mess up a lot of flights and hotel reservations.

Yes it would... and it wouldn't be the first time flights and hotels have gotten messed up. If RCI is finding that the infrastructure just doesn't work to service the ships then what are the options?

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't see them moving them , but I am wondering if the cdc wants them to follow cdc protocols in lieu of test cruises?  Maybe?  I don't know but I am still praying for my September cruise.

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

The email in the OP outright says the protocols are being delayed due to the anticipated CDC changes

My post was supposed to be a tongue in cheek reference for an excuse to cancel the sailings.  Similar to "why" the Israel sailings were canceled.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

"astronomical expense"? It may be cheaper for them to sail out of Nassau than say Miami ... I don't know ... but I wouldn't agree with that assumption

Don't forget that ALL the cruise lines are still trying to resume sailing from U.S. ports. So while Royal doesn't have to follow what the CDC says in regards to the Nassau sailings they don't want to thumb their noses at the CDC and rile them up either.

Also, as someone else said: I think they want to fall on the side of being the least restrictive as possible but also don't want any Covid issues either.

It makes perfect sense for the to wait a few more days to say what the CDC is going to say about cruising. 🙂

• Like 1

I think that this communication is not a precursor of cancelations. I believe that Royal wants to have the latest information to avoid confusion. 

Over at the Celebrity boards (who starts cruising from St Maarten before Royal starts sailing from Nassau), there have been some upset folks complaining because some protocols and guidance concerning pre cruise testing was issued and later changed. There’s now conflicting information between what was first issued and what’s now required. I’m guessing that Royal wishes to avoid a similar situation with their Nassau sailings. 

If cruising from the US does indeed begin in July, Royal, Celebrity, NCL etc will probably  have a tough time enticing people to hop on an airplane from the US to go on a Caribbean cruise. The cruise lines need to ensure that their guidance for these non-US cruises isn’t more restrictive than for US based cruises before they issue their final guidelines.

I’ve been monitoring pricing for both Celebrity and Royal for a July sailing out of St Maarten or Nassau, and prices have been holding steady. They haven’t gone up one penny. I have a feeling that bookings for cruises from July forward have dried up, and people are waiting to see what happens in July with US based cruising before they pull the trigger. 

Edited by Tapi