Constellation or Millennium

Momma Rene

We are interested in cruising next spring and were wondering which ship would be best.  We usually book a sky suite.  We noticed the Constellation has not been upgraded but the Millennium has completed the upgrade.  We believe we would enjoy the private deck for suite passengers and were wondering about the pros and cons.  Thank you!

Definitely Millennium if the Constellation has not been updated (which I doubt it ever will be).  The Millennium was (in our opinion) in need of the update several years ago and we would happily cruise on her now that she has been.  But not the Constellation.  

I looked at a YouTube on the Millennium.  I believe it was after refurbishment.  It just looked so sad.  I was on the Grand Princess a few years ago and was sorry I was on such an old, tired ship.  The staff was fantastic.  The staff on the Constellation was wonderful.  Is the Millennium the same size as the Constellation?

• Like 1

Yes Millennium and Constellation are the same class of ship.  In my opinion they did a nice job with the refurb even if the modern style of the regular staterooms are not to my taste.  The public area are very nice.   I'm afraid you would find Constellation worn at this point as it was due for refurb last year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GlobalMethod said:

We wound up doing a 2nd cruise on the Constellation because they were such an amazing crew! 

I  don't get that - crew is a variable and when cruising resumes there are bound to be huge crew changes.

In May 2019, we had a fabulous cruise on Constellation, Venice to Venice including stops in Greece and Croatia. Did not notice any significant wear and tear issues with the ship! Would be more than happy to sail on her again.

We were booked on Millenium shortly after her refurbishment, but Covid .... happened. So the ship remains on our to do list.

This said, we also enjoyed a beautiful Alaskan cruise on Infinity and again, we really had no issues with the age of the ship.

On the M Class ship, I really love the location of the main Dining Room with its two stories high window overlooking the wake of the ship and the glass elevators with ocean view.

• Like 1

The Millie was our first X ship 10 years ago. The Millie and Connie are sister ships and the greatest difference will be the crew. I didn't find any of the upgrades that big of a deal. The Connie was slated for refurbishment in May of 2020. I have not read anything that says it did or did not happen.

On 5/19/2021 at 9:41 AM, Momma Rene said:

We are interested in cruising next spring and were wondering which ship would be best.  We usually book a sky suite.  We noticed the Constellation has not been upgraded but the Millennium has completed the upgrade.  We believe we would enjoy the private deck for suite passengers and were wondering about the pros and cons.  Thank you!

What are the itineraries? We would make the decision on what ship to cruise on based on the itinerary and number of days.