Hooray... UK cruising has started...

AndyMichelle

Reef112 thank you for taking time to post.  I was on the dock waving you off yesterday, that was some windy weather!

I watched a YT video from breakfast, do you not have to keep 1 metre plus away if you have a mask on? 
 Are the water slides open? Personally not a water slide on a ship person but love the Savannah muted colours and think I could be tempted. 

9 hours ago, GOQ said:

Some people still don't seem to understand how this virus spreads do they? I was standing in a queue waiting for my prescription when a woman , not wearing a mask, stood about 18inches in front of my face asking if I was in the queue.

I should have taken my mask off and coughed all over her. 

A few weeks ago whilst I was waiting to pick up my prescription, someone came in without a mask the pharmacist who is on a mezzanine level at back, shouted put a mask on or leave, never seen someone put a mask on so quickly. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

What annoys me is P&O refuse to advise if my policy meets their requirements.

As I have an email stating P&O can not advise on the suitability of an insurance policy, if I’m told at check in my policy doesn’t meet their requirements I will say “P&O can not advise on my insurance” and show them the email.

I should add I’m covered as confirmed by the insurance company.

Yes that's a thought . Not experts ,but will be at the terminal . However, I'm glad that there's an affordable solution,for anyone not adequately covered. When faced with not being able to board ,or "pay up 22 quid and you're on " ,I know what I'd choose 😁

• Like 3

I don't understand what the confusion is with travel insurance - we have worldwide annual cover including cruise cover with Staysure - what else do we need ?

We have a staycation cruise booked with Princess in Sept and am concerned that we may not be covered.

Edited by bee-ess

27 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

I don't understand what the confusion is with travel insurance - we have worldwide annual cover including cruise cover with Staysure - what else do we need ?

We have a staycation cruise booked with Princess in Sept and am concerned that we may not be covered.

You may have world wide cover, but policies will either not cover U.K. holidays or will offer lower amounts of medical cover for holidays in U.K., what many are not geared up for is cover for cruises in U.K. waters, so best to check with insurer and their underwriters beforehand and get confirmation in writing that you are covered for your cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

You may have world wide cover, but policies will either not cover U.K. holidays or will offer lower amounts of medical cover for holidays in U.K., what many are not geared up for is cover for cruises in U.K. waters, so best to check with insurer and their underwriters beforehand and get confirmation in writing that you are covered for your cruise.

And it covers Covid 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Thanks Snow Hill and MX-Drew, I didn't realise that, I will check

A few of the insurance companies are realising the need for cover for the UK  cruises and those to nowhere and are providing cover letters .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bee-ess said:

I have just taken out an annual policy with Staysure.  They do cover the staycation UK coastal cruises.  But you need to phone them to get an endorsement letter, which they emailed through to me.  They took a note of each of my departure dates for their files.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

A few weeks ago whilst I was waiting to pick up my prescription, someone came in without a mask the pharmacist who is on a mezzanine level at back, shouted put a mask on or leave, never seen someone put a mask on so quickly. 

Well done the pharmacist. We need a lot more like that.

Avril

• Like 2

I’ve been riding the “live” on the MSC board.  Someone posted they had a problem with Insurance as their Endorsement letter did not mention Covid cover.  They were able to bring up the website where it had a banner showing all policies covered Covid.

a useful read just to check you have everything in order, if P& O the same.

Unfortunately, appears some cruisers know more than those that put the safety protocols in place, with people moving furniture to sit together etc, despite signs saying not too! 

4 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

I’ve been riding the “live” on the MSC board.  Someone posted they had a problem with Insurance as their Endorsement letter did not mention Covid cover.  They were able to bring up the website where it had a banner showing all policies covered Covid.

a useful read just to check you have everything in order, if P& O the same.

Unfortunately, appears some cruisers know more than those that put the safety protocols in place, with people moving furniture to sit together etc, despite signs saying not too! 

Children are much better at following rules! I smile when people say that the rules should allow for adults to use their common sense. What common sense?? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/7/2021 at 3:14 PM, navybankerteacher said:

I am somewhat optimistic —- the “thinning of the herd” is likely to impact the thicker herds.  There is a lot of duplication in the bargain “herd” — Carnival, NCL and Royal Caribbean - perhaps those three will not all continue;  similarly, the somewhat higher tier: HAL, Princess and Celebrity could also be thinned.  Cunard, however is not really part of a herd - so while their three might not survive, it is likely that market demand will help the Cunard approach survive.

On 5/21/2021 at 4:20 PM, reef112 said:

I’m currently on Virtuosa - last night was a little rough, but not terrible. Not been to the theatre yet, but the rule seems to be wear a mask while moving around, take it off while sat. On the whole it feels safe - and I’d certainly there’s much better mask compliance on here than your local supermarket.

”Activities” haven’t appealing to us much so far, but it’s lovely to relax and be out of the usual four walls! 

HI.....please keep us all posted from your cruise....🛳

8 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

I see that she has safely made it into Portland harbour this morning.  First UK port stop for some time.

Hope they all are enjoying it, despite the weather.

Not sure what it's like in Dorset but it's been a glorious day in Cornwall. Clear blue skies and sunny pretty much all day. 

1 hour ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Not sure what it's like in Dorset but it's been a glorious day in Cornwall. Clear blue skies and sunny pretty much all day. 

Pretty overcast some short spells of rain but brighter now though we are 27m East of Portland so may have been a bit better to the West.  At least the sea was calm today!  Dont think it would be a great day for excursions tbh.   

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 9:59 AM, Pink-belle said:

Not seen the report but it still annoys me.  Those sailing knew the facts before they sailed, so why try to make it a bad news story?  After all it might be reassuring for those who live in the port towns/cities to know they aren’t getting an influx of cruise ship pax sharing germs around the town. 

I agree, I used to like Simon Calder but he’s getting on my nerves recently. He was encouraging everyone to fly as soon as they were allowed and was indeed flying off to Portugal Monday. Then Thursday he’s on that ship! I saw that report, it was only him moaning not the passengers.

Re the no mask wearing, I suppose they’ve all had negative test results, just a thought.

Ive seen a couple of reviews on YouTube, holds just over 6000 passengers  but only 1000 onboard - lovely!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I agree, I used to like Simon Calder but he’s getting on my nerves recently. He was encouraging everyone to fly as soon as they were allowed and was indeed flying off to Portugal Monday. Then Thursday he’s on that ship! I saw that report, it was only him moaning not the passengers.

Re the no mask wearing, I suppose they’ve all had negative test results, just a thought.

Ive seen a couple of reviews on YouTube, holds just over 6000 passengers  but only 1000 onboard - lovely!

The thing is though Sue, when rules say, mask unless seated, eating and drinking, that’s what I expect people to do , test or no test.

Currently, it may change after 21st June.  P&O say masks by all NO exceptions, I wonder if they would be willing to enforce it?

I would love to know how many people P&O are sailing with, have they sold more places than the 1000 currently allowed, to cover the people they expect to cancel, and in anticipation of that rule going on the 21st June? What does everyone else, think, know?

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

He was encouraging everyone to fly as soon as they were allowed and was indeed flying off to Portugal Monday. Then Thursday he’s on that ship!

The bit that I find hard to swallow is your not permitted to a B2B on cruises where there are no ports but you can fly out and back to Portugal then go on the ship a few days later! 

The argument oh he had a negative test is of no consequence as I'm willing to take a test before the start of the 2nd cruise.

It is all done for publicity.

Oh and as for encouraging people to fly to Portugal, well he was encouraging people to book holidays in Venice just a week before it was in lockdown and it was obvious to world it was going to happen.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

The bit that I find hard to swallow is your not permitted to a B2B on cruises where there are no ports but you can fly out and back to Portugal then go on the ship a few days later! 

The argument oh he had a negative test is of no consequence as I'm willing to take a test before the start of the 2nd cruise.

It is all done for publicity.

Oh and as for encouraging people to fly to Portugal, well he was encouraging people to book holidays in Venice just a week before it was in lockdown and it was obvious to world it was going to happen.  

Yes I thought he was irresponsible, about November time time he was recommending people travel and said he’d definitely be on the first plane out! He was, but he obviously flew straight back again not staying for a holiday.

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes I thought he was irresponsible, about November time time he was recommending people travel and said he’d definitely be on the first plane out! He was, but he obviously flew straight back again not staying for a holiday.

I feel he and the media in general are not giving the right message but we had better not go there.😉