Alaska back on

Eli_6

22 minutes ago, Sinbadssailors said:

Do some research on the H1N1 vaccine from 2009, and/or the Swine flu one from 1976.

And let parents make their own decisions.

We, as vaccinated adults have little to fear from children.

Nada.

I too took advantage of the free balcony offer, but I never saw anything (and still don't) about a vac requirement.  I am vacinated, so not really concerned but where are you guys seeing this requirement?  I've searched the Carnival website as well as my offer and all I can find is a reference to the CDC......but the CDC does not specifically state anything about Alaska.

So what am I missing?!!!!

38 minutes ago, Beave8920 said:

I too took advantage of the free balcony offer, but I never saw anything (and still don't) about a vac requirement.  I am vacinated, so not really concerned but where are you guys seeing this requirement?  I've searched the Carnival website as well as my offer and all I can find is a reference to the CDC......but the CDC does not specifically state anything about Alaska.

It was in the news release when Carnival announced plans for Alaska cruises starting back up in July.

1 hour ago, Beave8920 said:

Here is a link to the release. 

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/three-carnival-corporation-cruise-line-brands-plan-resume

Other great news - Biden has announced he will be signing the ARTA

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kwbrad said:

Here is a link to the release. 

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/three-carnival-corporation-cruise-line-brands-plan-resume

Other great news - Biden has announced he will be signing the ARTA

Thank you kwbrad........but you'd think that info would have been included somewhere on their offer or web page.  I'm guessin many who jumped on the offer won't be vaccinated!

1 hour ago, Beave8920 said:

Thank you kwbrad........but you'd think that info would have been included somewhere on their offer or web page.  I'm guessin many who jumped on the offer won't be vaccinated!

Gamblers should understand?

41 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Gamblers should understand?

ha ha!   But when they are giving away free cruises who reads the fine print!  I did, that's why I was surprised to see everyone posting vaccination required for AK cruises.  I still can't find anything on the Carnival web page that states that is a requirement.  

And since this was a non refundable deposit,  I'm guessing they will have a bunch of upset folks......hope they haven't made their flight reservations yet!

We booked an ocean view from that ad.  Purchased flights & reserved hotel.  I came on Cruise Critic that night and read a post that said vaccines mandatory.  So I looked on the cruise contact... and sure enough, right on the bottom was mandatory vaccines. Snuck that little gem in, right under our noses.  I had looked on ad and all it said was follow CDC guidelines.  And the booking agent didn't say a word about it!!  All I knew was that the CEO & President of Carnival said no mandatory vaccines.  I was pissed beyond belief!!!  I then called and canceled the cruise (as did my sister & her daughter who also booked).  Poor agent...I wasn't a very cheerful consumer,  but he is giving my deposit back.  Hotel canceled, and bless Southwest Airlines for their change/cancel policy!!  I just feel bad for all those who don't even know Cruise Critic exists, and try to board and are denied.  I can tell you, Carnival made no points in my book with this joke of a 'deal'!!

Protocols (including but not limited to medical information, medical privacy, or personal data privacy consent forms), (10) vaccination of guests with documentary proof satisfactory to Carnival, according to the criteria set forth in the COVID-19 Guest Protocols in effect at the time of sailing; and; (11) other policies and procedures deemed by Carnival in its sole discretion to be necessary to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19.

26 minutes ago, kaylahszoo said:

I just feel bad for all those who don't even know Cruise Critic exists, and try to board and are denied. 

Hopefully they know enough to go through the check-in process prior to showing up at the dock.

52 minutes ago, kaylahszoo said:

We booked an ocean view from that ad.  Purchased flights & reserved hotel.  I came on Cruise Critic that night and read a post that said vaccines mandatory.  So I looked on the cruise contact... and sure enough, right on the bottom was mandatory vaccines. Snuck that little gem in, right under our noses. 

You are right.....it took me 45 minutes looking for it but I finally found it.....hidden in plain sight!  Problem is I've cruised so many times with Carnival I don't read the cruise contract anymore.......but at least I'm vaccinated so I'm good.

Shame on Carnival.....it should have been in bold letters across the offer and somewhere in plain sight on the web page.

Glad you were able to get the refund......but your right, many won't have a clue.

• Like 1

Even though it's been all over the news, something as important as requiring vaccinations for a specific cruise should be in bold letters and require a passenger to upload their vaccination card during online check-in or type in the vaccination information.  

10 hours ago, Beave8920 said:

One thing that I think we should all agree on no matter how we feel about vaccines is that there should be an unambiguous policy that is not at all hidden in the small print.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

One thing that I think we should all agree on no matter how we feel about vaccines is that there should be an unambiguous policy that is not at all hidden in the small print.

Yep - I'd have to say it was a (poorly) calculated move on their part.

Tom

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Perhaps if pandemics had been part of everyday life. I think we can agree this is new territory for everyone including cruise lines, with changes coming rapidly these days and hard to keep up with. What possible motive could Carnival have to hide such information? The cruises will sell out (to capacity) no matter what.

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Perhaps if pandemics had been part of everyday life. I think we can agree this is new territory for everyone including cruise lines, with changes coming rapidly these days and hard to keep up with. What possible motive could Carnival have to hide such information? The cruises will sell out (to capacity) no matter what.

I had wrote, and you quoted, that the one thing we should all agree on is that the cruise lines should have a clear and unambiguous policy.

And you seem to disagree. Do you think it is fair to someone who only wants to cruise with vaccinated passengers not to be able to find out there will be unvaccinated passengers? Do you think it is fair to someone who is unvaccinated to book a cruise only to find out that he or she cannot sail without being vaccinated? And remember each could have a nonrefundable deposit.

And I can only speculate that Carnival's motive to hide this information is that they do not want to discourage anyone from booking a cruise.

Edited by ontheweb
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I had wrote, and you quoted, that the one thing we should all agree on is that the cruise lines should have a clear and unambiguous policy.

And you seem to disagree. Do you think it is fair to someone who only wants to cruise with vaccinated passengers not to be able to find out there will be unvaccinated passengers? Do you think it is fair to someone who is unvaccinated to book a cruise only to find out that he or she cannot sail without being vaccinated? And remember each could have a nonrefundable deposit.

I don't think it is reasonable for anyone to expect Carnival to know what the protocols will be before Carnival makes an initial decision of what they will be. Which will need CDC approval. And they will certainly change once cruising begins. How fast, nobody knows. Anyone who can't accept that it will be a fluid situation for weeks or months or more, should wait to book a cruise until things have stabilized.

Carnival has been refunding nonrefundable deposits if asked.

People who are holding out for Carnival offering OBC or some other bribe before they cancel may lose.

26 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And I can only speculate that Carnival's motive to hide this information is that they do not want to discourage anyone from booking a cruise.

I don't agree. If people aren't allowed to sail, Carnival will have to refund their money and risk cruising with an empty cabin.

• Like 1

Well....we can put this to bed.  I just got an email from Carnival stating in essance that my Alaska cruise was mask mandated and that if I wished to cancel for any reason (not vaccinated nor wishing to adhere to the CDC requirements), they would allow me to rebook to a later cruise......no refund.

So in my opinion, at least Carnival is being somewhat honorable, but lets face it, they got a bunch of people to drop deposits on a cruise they can't go on, only to keep their deposits for future bookings.

So glad I get to go but I still think they should have included this info when we booked.

• Like 1

View Online
60bffcb2-0550-4c34-9717-ae4801c365f8.jpg
6617b600-cbad-4bae-abbc-4b99711d11bb.png
NOTICE OF OPERATIONS UPDATE – SUMMER ALASKA 2021 SAILINGS

Dear Carnival Miracle Guest,

We are very excited about our upcoming restart and having you join us for your Alaska cruise. 

As we get ready to welcome you on board, our Have Fun. Be Safe.TM protocols and procedures have been designed to maximize the health and safety of our guests and crew while delivering a fun and memorable vacation experience. 

Our Alaska cruise operations will reflect recent guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and close collaboration with Alaskan officials.  As we are still unable to call on Canada, we are cancelling our stop in Victoria and extending our time in Ketchikan by two hours, so you have more time to enjoy this beautiful port. 

Alaska cruises are available only for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination.  Accordingly, the following applies only to these specific Alaska itineraries:
  • All guests, including children who are age-eligible for vaccines, will need to show proof of vaccination.

• This means, that regrettably, guests who are not vaccinated, including children who are not yet eligible for a vaccine, will not be permitted to sail. 

Our Have Fun. Be Safe. guidelines for Alaska voyages incorporate guidance from the CDC and Alaska officials:
  • All guests will be asked to confirm their status as fully vaccinated for COVID-19 during check-in and provide proof of vaccination in advance of boarding.  (As a reminder, “fully vaccinated” means the final dose of the vaccine was administered 14 days prior to embarkation.)

• It’s important for you to come prepared, as guests who arrive at the embarkation terminal without the proper proof of vaccination will not be able to cruise, and no refund will be issued.
  • Facemasks for all forms of transportation are still required by the CDC; however, protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.
  • While guests will be vaccinated, we will follow protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore in Alaska.  Remember, these restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage you to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.  

Please note that these guidelines are subject to change and we encourage guests to visit our guest information page at Carnival.com for the most up to date information.

Following the above protocols and precautions greatly reduce the likelihood that a COVID-19 case will be diagnosed during the cruise.  However, we want you to know that we are prepared to take steps to protect the health and safety of our guests and crew with the following procedures:
  • Should there be a suspected case of COVID-19 identified on board, certain guests may need to be tested during and after the voyage.

• If a guest is diagnosed with COVID-19 during the cruise, they will need to be placed into isolation until recovered.  Additionally, once the ship returns to Seattle, guests with airline reservations who have tested positive for COVID-19 will be unable to return home using commercial air and may have to quarantine locally or drive home to complete their quarantine period.  Carnival has made arrangements with local hotels in the event a quarantine is required.

• If the ship meets a certain threshold for COVID-19 illness, the cruise could be cancelled at any point in the voyage and the ship will return to Seattle. 

Separately, we are making vaccines available to all crew members and they will have gone through a quarantine period when joining the ship.  As an extra layer of protection, crew members will wear masks while on duty and be tested regularly. 

In addition, we have equipped all our ships with enhanced medical facilities, equipment and COVID-19 testing capabilities and have made enhancements to our air ventilation systems.  There will be ample availability and reminders about handwashing/cleaning, as well as even more vigorous cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout the ship.

With everyone’s cooperation and support, we are ready to deliver a fun and healthy cruise vacation to our guests.  However, if you determine that given these guidelines, the time is not right for you to personally sail, please call 1-800-CARNIVAL, your Personal Vacation Planner, or your travel advisor, so we can help you rebook for a later date.  Many of our ship itineraries are open through 2024, with more coming online soon.  We have extended your ability to rebook or request a full refund until Thursday, June 3, or by your final payment date, whichever date comes later.  After that date, our regular fare rules will apply.

We look forward to our great team welcoming you on board soon.

Sincerely,

bd3f70f3-0423-4959-8e06-f79b51e6b9d9.jpg
Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line
  • Like 1

View Online
60bffcb2-0550-4c34-9717-ae4801c365f8.jpg
6617b600-cbad-4bae-abbc-4b99711d11bb.png
NOTICE OF OPERATIONS UPDATE – SUMMER ALASKA 2021 SAILINGS

Dear Carnival Miracle Guest,

We are very excited about our upcoming restart and having you join us for your Alaska cruise. 

As we get ready to welcome you on board, our Have Fun. Be Safe.TM protocols and procedures have been designed to maximize the health and safety of our guests and crew while delivering a fun and memorable vacation experience. 

Our Alaska cruise operations will reflect recent guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and close collaboration with Alaskan officials.  As we are still unable to call on Canada, we are cancelling our stop in Victoria and extending our time in Ketchikan by two hours, so you have more time to enjoy this beautiful port. 

Alaska cruises are available only for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination.  Accordingly, the following applies only to these specific Alaska itineraries:
  • All guests, including children who are age-eligible for vaccines, will need to show proof of vaccination.

• This means, that regrettably, guests who are not vaccinated, including children who are not yet eligible for a vaccine, will not be permitted to sail. 

Our Have Fun. Be Safe. guidelines for Alaska voyages incorporate guidance from the CDC and Alaska officials:
  • All guests will be asked to confirm their status as fully vaccinated for COVID-19 during check-in and provide proof of vaccination in advance of boarding.  (As a reminder, “fully vaccinated” means the final dose of the vaccine was administered 14 days prior to embarkation.)

• It’s important for you to come prepared, as guests who arrive at the embarkation terminal without the proper proof of vaccination will not be able to cruise, and no refund will be issued.
  • Facemasks for all forms of transportation are still required by the CDC; however, protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.
  • While guests will be vaccinated, we will follow protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore in Alaska.  Remember, these restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage you to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.  

Please note that these guidelines are subject to change and we encourage guests to visit our guest information page at Carnival.com for the most up to date information.

Following the above protocols and precautions greatly reduce the likelihood that a COVID-19 case will be diagnosed during the cruise.  However, we want you to know that we are prepared to take steps to protect the health and safety of our guests and crew with the following procedures:
  • Should there be a suspected case of COVID-19 identified on board, certain guests may need to be tested during and after the voyage.

• If a guest is diagnosed with COVID-19 during the cruise, they will need to be placed into isolation until recovered.  Additionally, once the ship returns to Seattle, guests with airline reservations who have tested positive for COVID-19 will be unable to return home using commercial air and may have to quarantine locally or drive home to complete their quarantine period.  Carnival has made arrangements with local hotels in the event a quarantine is required.

• If the ship meets a certain threshold for COVID-19 illness, the cruise could be cancelled at any point in the voyage and the ship will return to Seattle. 

Separately, we are making vaccines available to all crew members and they will have gone through a quarantine period when joining the ship.  As an extra layer of protection, crew members will wear masks while on duty and be tested regularly. 

In addition, we have equipped all our ships with enhanced medical facilities, equipment and COVID-19 testing capabilities and have made enhancements to our air ventilation systems.  There will be ample availability and reminders about handwashing/cleaning, as well as even more vigorous cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout the ship.

With everyone’s cooperation and support, we are ready to deliver a fun and healthy cruise vacation to our guests.  However, if you determine that given these guidelines, the time is not right for you to personally sail, please call 1-800-CARNIVAL, your Personal Vacation Planner, or your travel advisor, so we can help you rebook for a later date.  Many of our ship itineraries are open through 2024, with more coming online soon.  We have extended your ability to rebook or request a full refund until Thursday, June 3, or by your final payment date, whichever date comes later.  After that date, our regular fare rules will apply.

We look forward to our great team welcoming you on board soon.

Sincerely,

bd3f70f3-0423-4959-8e06-f79b51e6b9d9.jpg
Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line
  • Like 2