Crowds on Celebrity Reflection

jbpcalifornia

We have been on a number of the S class ships and while I liked Reflection... it was more crowded than other S class ships...because of the extra deck of cabins. The S class design is one of my favorite... I prefer it over the Edge design and it is more adult oriented than the Royals ships...which I also love...especially the Oasis class. But with DH mobility issues... S class was easier to navigate.. just the right size for us. 

We like the Equinox itineraries...at least for next year... we like longer cruises to southern caribbean..an it seems to end up being our go to ship. We are not pool people...so can't comment on crowding there..I burn easily...so..avoid that deck altogether

On 5/21/2021 at 11:32 PM, royalcruz said:

The Reflection is my favorite ship. The area between the Lawn Club and the Sunset Bar is nice and quiet, as is the promenade on deck 5. The only outdoor area that feels crowded to me is the outdoor pool, especially between 10 AM and 4:30 PM.

I was wondering if you have cruised on the Silhouette.  If yes, why do you prefer the Reflection over the Silhouette?  

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

I was wondering if you have cruised on the Silhouette.  If yes, why do you prefer the Reflection over the Silhouette?  

I've been on Silhouette about 5 times and Reflection  once.  Reflection Sunset Bar is different....it has more lounge seating. Reflection Oceanview Cafe is on the same deck as the pool and solarium, so if you want to bring food to your lounge chair you don't have to go down a level. 

It feels a bit crowded when you compare it to the other Solstice class ships, but overall it's not that crowded. The trade off is you get better more restaurants like the Lawn Grill or that seafood place on the the top deck. I did find it a bit harder to find a table in the buffet during lunch time, but eating lunch in the MDR kinda solved that issue.

55 minutes ago, royalcruz said:

I've been on Silhouette about 5 times and Reflection  once.  Reflection Sunset Bar is different....it has more lounge seating. Reflection Oceanview Cafe is on the same deck as the pool and solarium, so if you want to bring food to your lounge chair you don't have to go down a level. 

You may like the Silhouette Sunset bar area better after the Revolution.  The grass areas on either side at the rear have been removed and there is a lot more seating around the bar.

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

You may like the Silhouette Sunset bar area better after the Revolution.  The grass areas on either side at the rear have been removed and there is a lot more seating around the bar.

That sounds really nice. It's too bad that the Sunset Bar on the Edge is so unappealing.

6 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I prefer the Silhouette as the Sky Lounge is fully intact and not reduced as they did for the Reflection when they added suites on one side.  It is a great place to relax, have a drink, and read. There are also  fewer rooms and thus fewer cruisers on the Silhouette.  Both are great ships.

Where are the crowds on Reflection? Maybe we're doing things at different times.  We hit the buffet early for lunch.  We do anytime dining and enjoy a pre-dinner drink in Cellar Masters while waiting ~20 minutes.  We don't do shows, so can't speak to that.   Overall we wouldn't say it's crowded at all. 

26 minutes ago, D C said:

Where are the crowds on Reflection? Maybe we're doing things at different times.  We hit the buffet early for lunch.  We do anytime dining and enjoy a pre-dinner drink in Cellar Masters while waiting ~20 minutes.  We don't do shows, so can't speak to that.   Overall we wouldn't say it's crowded at all. 

One place which @Denny01 mentioned is the Sky Lounge.  It is a smaller lounge than other S class ships because of the space removed for the suites for a ship that is carrying an extra deck of passenger cabins.

Yes, the Reflection has 195 or so more passengers than the early S-Class ships. That’s about a 5-6% increase in numbers. Not exactly that big of a change. I didn’t really feel any more crowded or loss of elbow room in the common areas. But the loss of the port side views from the Sky Lounge is true. Not a bad area to relax, but not as open and nice as the previous S-Class ships. Silhouette which was the S-Class prior to Reflection has 50 more passenger capacity. 

Den

1 hour ago, D C said:

Sail Aqua class and you will see the crowds.  The poor servers were overworked.  Where on the other S-class ships where there are 4 tables of 2 from the window to the aisle, they have added an additional table to make 5.  Cozy dining.

The Sky Lounge encroachment is very disappointing, I'll agree.   It's not a space used for events very often though.   Does it get crowded on normal non-event evenings? We're usually relaxing at the Sunset so long as the weather isn't bad. 

7 hours ago, royalcruz said:

Interesting.  I have also been on both multiple times.  I prefer the Silhouette, because of the difference in the Sky Lounges.  But I still love the Reflection as well.  I like the different specialty restaurant options.

12 hours ago, D C said:

The Sky Lounge encroachment is very disappointing, I'll agree.   It's not a space used for events very often though.   Does it get crowded on normal non-event evenings? We're usually relaxing at the Sunset so long as the weather isn't bad. 

One reason I love S class if the Sky lounge... even the smaller one on Reflection (although prefer the broader views of the other ships). We never found it crowded... I am not a sun person... so I liked spending early afternoons sitting in the Sky lounge reading and enjoying the views. Loved to go up there when the ship left various ports...  We also love the Viking lounge on the older Royal ships..but it has been a while... I was disappointed that the Oasis class had done way with that. 

• Thanks 1