Will NCL pull a "ROYAL" with the Gem and Joy??

mpdog42

2 minutes ago, Trimone said:

I’m in U.K. and it only shows up to 15. I think Jamie mentioned some months ago about an online agency that shows how many cabins are booked, if you need me to look at any totals just give me ship and category I will look for you.

Thank you very kind. I use several different sites that show up to 15. I'm interested in a site that shows MORE than 15. Do you have access to that info?

I guess I feel lucky that all we have at risk so far is one CN certificate for $250. Final payment date is still nearly 2 months away for us. No FCC's or anything else, so worst that happens is we get our CN back. And it's still good for more than 2 years. But I really feel for those who had more money invested.

5 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Thank you very kind. I use several different sites that show up to 15. I'm interested in a site that shows MORE than 15. Do you have access to that info?

I’ll go online and do some searches...

5 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I found one from the travel section of a certain big box retailer. Was just looking at various cabin categories to see what was left.

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

OMG.... I'm heading there right now.

I'm interested what you think. There are still quite a few cabins available, but certain categories on certain decks are sold out.

Thank you both! I love this site.

So, the big box displays categories by floor (not category) and it sure does look like there are more than 15 available per floor. I can  not believe I didn't notice this. So much for being a super researcher ::: hangs head in shame::::: 

But I'm super excited for this find!! Are we tallying up the drinks? You get one for this for sure 🙂

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I found one from the travel section of a certain big box retailer. Was just looking at various cabin categories to see what was left.

This worked...more than 15, at least. Can't tell if it's the entire inventory tho.

• Like 1

I know this thread is specific to Gem and Joy, but did anyone else notice this? I sure would be nervous on one of the first Bliss sailings.

Norwegian Cruise Line has announced further details on its phased voyage resumption plan for additional ships beginning Fall 2021. Earlier this week the line announced its plan for a return to cruising in the U.S. with sailings in Alaska starting August 7, 2021 contingent on CDC authorization. Newly announced expected redeployment plans include the following:

• Norwegian Joy will cruise from Miami beginning October 19, 2021 with five to 11-day Caribbean voyages.
  • Norwegian Breakaway will cruise seven-day itineraries to Bermuda from New York beginning October 24, 2021.
  • Pride of America will offer seven-day Hawaii interisland voyages from Honolulu beginning November 6, 2021.
  • Norwegian Bliss will cruise from Los Angeles for seven-day Mexican Riviera voyages beginning November 7, 2021.
  • Norwegian Encore will offer seven-night itineraries from Miami to the Caribbean beginning November 14, 2021.
  • Norwegian Escape will cruise seven-day itineraries to the Caribbean from Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida beginning November 20, 2021.
  • Norwegian Pearl will sail from Miami offering Panama Canal, Bahamas and Caribbean cruises beginning December 23, 2021.
  • Norwegian Jewel will offer Panama Canal cruises from Panama City and New York beginning January 20, 2022.
  • Norwegian Sun will sail a five-day Japan itinerary from Hong Kong beginning January 28, 2022, before sailing a variety of 11-day cruises from Hong Kong, Singapore and Bangkok.
  • Norwegian Spirit will cruise 12-day Australia and New Zealand voyages from Sydney, and Auckland, New Zealand beginning February 9, 2022.

Due to the previously disclosed lead time needed to relaunch a vessel and in order to maximize the short Alaska cruise season, the cruise line has made the decision to transfer crew from Norwegian Joy to Alaska and has canceled itineraries aboard Norwegian Joy from Montego Bay, Jamaica from August 7 through October 9, 2021. In addition, certain sailings outside of these newly announced voyages have been canceled. Impacted guests on voyages that will not operate will be notified accordingly.

Get this kicker

You can't add the airfare promotion if you're 90+ days from sailing. Even though I had it on Joy 8/7, even if I transferred to Bliss 8/7 or Gem 8/15 they won't offer me that promotion. The least NCL could do would be to offer us to rebook under the same promotions we had due to their egregious changes.

Edited by Alegeeter

14 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Thank you both! I love this site.

So, the big box displays categories by floor (not category) and it sure does look like there are more than 15 available per floor. I can  not believe I didn't notice this. So much for being a super researcher ::: hangs head in shame::::: 

But I'm super excited for this find!! Are we tallying up the drinks? You get one for this for sure 🙂

It's not a bad site, actually. I had to keep going back and changing the room category because you have to choose that at the outset, and then it'll only display rooms in that category as you search. But it's definitely helpful. I'm glad you found it useful. I'll be happy to take you up on a drink! (as you said, free drinks package but still....) 😁

26 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I checked three different weeks on the Bliss in Alaska - studio cabins. In each case, when I said "Choose different cabin", I was given exactly 15 other studio cabins to choose from. Small sample, but reasonable to conclude not the entire inventory.

2 minutes ago, Alegeeter said:

Get this kicker

You can't add the airfare promotion if you're less than 90 days from sailing. Even though I had it on Joy 8/7, even if I transferred to Bliss 8/7 or Gem 8/15 they won't offer me that promotion. The least NCL could do would be to offer us to rebook under the same promotions we had due to their egregious changes.

Thanks for this.  We were looking at going to Athens since our August 7 Joy cruise was cancelled.  However, we are not able to book the airfare promotion.  This sucks.

• Like 1

I called and asked them to pass up the chain how utterly unacceptable putting my 10 % off back on my account was as way of compensation.  Hopefully if enough people express their displeasure, we might get something additional out of this debacle 

• Like 2

Just now, jmele999 said:

Thanks for this.  We were looking at going to Athens since our August 7 Joy cruise was cancelled.  However, we are not able to book the airfare promotion.  This sucks.

Same here. That was the one option of the three we were interested in but if they can't extend the same promotions as the ones we lost, we are out.

16 minutes ago, Alegeeter said:

Get this kicker

You can't add the airfare promotion if you're 90+ days from sailing. Even though I had it on Joy 8/7, even if I transferred to Bliss 8/7 or Gem 8/15 they won't offer me that promotion. The least NCL could do would be to offer us to rebook under the same promotions we had due to their egregious changes.

What total garbage!

I have a friend who works for a certain well known conservative-leaning news network on which Frank Del Rio regularly appears. I'm tempted to ask him if he can get Neil Cavuto to ask FDR about these cancellations, something along the lines of "a lot of loyal NCL passengers are upset about the cancellation of some of these latest cruises that were supposed to represent the Return to Sail, can you assure them they'll be properly compensated?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Alegeeter said:

I just called NCL to make a formal "complaint" and asked that it be documented and escalated. I wasn't rude but I was firm, bringing up everything in this thread. The representative said the more people who call, the better and that it has led to NCL making changes in decisions in the past. Not sure this will do anything but worth a shot.

In the meantime, I will not be rebooking anything.

Should we just call the main number for NCL?  We need to all complain? 

Do you think NCL would even care if we complained? I think the majority of us payed with FCC. NCL already got their money from us. 

As much as I want to say that I’ll never cruise with NCL again, I would only be spiting myself. 

The next cruise we are booked on 05/09/2021 Epic out of Barcelona, that will be our last cruise with NCL.

We have already matched our status with MSC, and will also be looking for small luxury lines, over the last few years we have booked the Haven but the price is getting stupid in comparison with stand alone luxury brands, we have now used our FCC up so it’s time to move on...