2022 World Cruisers— ???

BarbaraM

So, being booked on an Around the World cruise that beings in January, we are thinking daily about itinerary changes and final payments. I wonder if any of the other 2022 world cruisers have heard from your cruise lines — especially if you have planned stops in Australia/ New Zealand and Japan.  

• Like 1

Saw a posting on FB that Fred Olsen had cancelled.  I haven't verified it though.  We are booked on 2 different segments on Cunard's Queens. And another on HAL (not world) all docking in Aus or NZ.  My guess is they aren't going but anxiously waiting and planning alternates. 

Viking's Chairman recently provided an update to all booked on the 2022 WC, confirming that it is still sailing. They are monitoring the constantly changing threats, both COVID and military confrontations that are taking place in a couple of regions.

While itinerary changes are most likely required, they will endeavour to provide a comparible experience.

• Like 2

I had a 2022 world cruise booked and after sizing up the world situation with respect Covid, I rebooked it without any penalty to 2023.  

Hopefully by then things will be back to normal.  I'm not interested in cruising with a mask, with distancing,  with "bubble excursions", or with the possibility of missed ports because of one or two passengers getting the flu and a local port official panics.

• Like 1

Hi Barb - Freda and I cruised with you on the 2016 Oceania w/c.

We are booked for Princess for 2022 and have boked 2023 in case.  Our roll call has had a lot of cancellations and many of those still booked for 2022 have also booked 2023 as a backup.

Current info out of Australia does not look good for Feb 2022.  Our voyage has 25 days between Fiji and Bali that are for NZ, Aust and sea days - that's a lot to fill in.

I'm trying to be positive but don't expect any info from Princess until any change is official,

Wayne

Today we found out that the 2022 Regent and Oceania world cruises are a go.  There may be modifications in the itinerary, but the cruises will take place.  Does not appear to be any changes in final payment either.

• 3 weeks later...

Seabourn says their World Cruise for 2022 is still a go.  Source:  https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/seabourn-announces-updated-restart-dates

AIDAsol's World Cruise in October 2021 has been canceled and replaced with one with a new itinerary that starts October 2022.  Source:  https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/aida-cruises-will-sail-20-countries-and-four-continents-aidasols

Giving up. After Cunard cancelled their World Cruise and Aida cancelled their October 2021 World Cruise I am throwing in the towel for my booking for January 2022. Not cancelling since I don't have any refundable deposit but just wait and see and not pursuing any further planning. Actually now already concerned about my booked 2023 World Cruise. Hating to be stuck home and my home is where other people come and vacation but just need to find another hobby LOL. Never expected previously to have to cancel my 2021 summer plans, but such is life.