U.K. sea cation guarantee cabin

PAMJP

We have booked for July 31st on 3 day Regal Princess. Balance paid today direct to Princess before due date. How long normally before cabin number is allocated as for these cruises only guarantee cabins can be booked in various categories. Does your loyalty status make any difference?

thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, PAMJP said:

We have booked for July 31st on 3 day Regal Princess. Balance paid today direct to Princess before due date. How long normally before cabin number is allocated as for these cruises only guarantee cabins can be booked in various categories. Does your loyalty status make any difference?

thanks in advance.

See you on board! I am patiently waiting (read impatiently) for cabin assignment. Never booked guarantee cabin before either. 

Thanks to Chrysalis, Cruise -Christy and windsurfer first for your replies, as only guarantees could be booked I should imagine it is quite a task. I’ll just keep checking and one day it will show up. Pam

1 hour ago, PAMJP said:

Thanks to Chrysalis, Cruise -Christy and windsurfer first for your replies, as only guarantees could be booked I should imagine it is quite a task. I’ll just keep checking and one day it will show up. Pam

You don't have to wait until arrival at the pier check-in.  It will be in your Personalizer (Or OCEAN Medallion) before that.

Thanks Steelers36, I’ve been checking since we booked on our Personliser and Ocean Medallion hoping it will magically appear, but obviously too early. Patience isn’t me, as my husband says what will be will be, don’t worry we’ll know soon enough.

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You don't have to wait until arrival at the pier check-in.  It will be in your Personalizer (Or OCEAN Medallion) before that.

I believe that in the UK you collect your medallion at the pier  - you do not receive it in advance, as I think is the case in the US.

43 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I believe that in the UK you collect your medallion at the pier  - you do not receive it in advance, as I think is the case in the US.

You misunderstood me.  You can look at your booking info in Medallion Class app (OCEAN Medallion) or on Princess.com website.  You can also access Princess.com from smartphone.  No need to have the physical Medallion.  This was just about looking up the res to check for cabin assignment.

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You misunderstood me.  You can look at your booking info in Medallion Class app (OCEAN Medallion) or on Princess.com website.  You can also access Princess.com from smartphone.  No need to have the physical Medallion.  This was just about looking up the res to check for cabin assignment.

My apologies - yes,  I totally got the  wrong end of the stick. 

I guess right now the seacations are still selling well and until most of the cabins in your grade have sold out there is still the option to allocate cabin numbers. There is always a chance you might get an upgrade.  No news might be good news. 🤞🏻

14 hours ago, southamptoncruisers said:

I'm not so sure that they are selling well. Still lots of cabin availability and now under £300pp. Living in Southampton I might book very last minute just to ensure the weather will be ok.  

I've booked two now (One on Scarlet Lady from Portsmouth, which I've sorted parking for and another Yesterday on Regal Princess.)

Any good options on parking in Southampton right now?