Oceania questions

espmass

We are long time Princess and Celebrity cruisers and are considering switching to an Oceania cruise and have a few questions.

*  Does the private lounge for Concierge level cabins offer specialty coffees or are those coffees offered elsewhere on the ship or do we purchase a "coffee card" as on Princess?

*  Do the ships have coin operated self serve laundromats?  I saw a space marked "launderette" on the diagram for the Riviera and wondered if that is one? 

* Is there a limit to how many specialty restaurant reservations you can make?

* Are reservations needed for the main dining room or are you able to be seated at your request?

Thank you for any information. 

29 minutes ago, espmass said:

We are long time Princess and Celebrity cruisers and are considering switching to an Oceania cruise and have a few questions.

*  Does the private lounge for Concierge level cabins offer specialty coffees or are those coffees offered elsewhere on the ship or do we purchase a "coffee card" as on Princess?

Yes specialty coffees are available in the Concierge lounge.   Also - all specialty coffees on board are complimentary, save for any containing alcohol.

*  Do the ships have coin operated self serve laundromats?  I saw a space marked "launderette" on the diagram for the Riviera and wondered if that is one? 

Passenger laundry facilities are also complimentary.   No coins or tokens needed.

Yes, depending on cruise length and stateroom category for reservations prior to boarding.   Once on board, no limit if there is availability  you can check daily.   https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477653-How-many-dining-reservations-am-I-allowed-in-each-specialty-restaurant-

* Are reservations needed for the main dining room or are you able to be seated at your request?

No reservations needed - just show up.   Have never had more than a few minutes wait, but more often than not seated immediately.

See my responses above to your questions.   We love Oceania.   Longtime Celebrity cruiser here.  

Joe

Edited by JoePDX

32 minutes ago, espmass said:

Sorry but, LOL.

If you book an O cruise, you’re in for a far superior experience.

Never a charge for specialty coffees or sodas, juices, bottled water. Even have your fridge stocked as you prefer.

While you do get a number of pre-Cruise specialty restaurant reservations based on cabin category, there is no limit to how often you dine in those restaurants (space available basis). Never a charge. And know that, unlike Princess or Celebrity et al, the specialty restaurant food is not “better” than the GDR.

.Rather the menus and ambiance is focused on the particular cuisine. Also, the GDR requires no reservations.

Another plus is that you are not allowed to self-serve food in the casual Terrace Café which has both a la minute cooking and alfresco dining along with full bar service.

As for the self-serve laundry room- there’s no charge there either.

Like I said, a monumental difference - especially in the quality of food and service.

• Like 1

I will add some more, on Marina or Riviera there are 4 Premium restaurants; Polo, Toscana, Jacques and Red Ginger, ALL OUTSTANDING. I am afraid I do believe the dinners served there are even better than the GDR, just because of the menu items and specialties. Red Ginger, the Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass is fantastic. You must try the Watermelon and Duck Salad and their Sushi and other items like their Rack of Lamb are also outstanding. Polo, Prime Steaks and Prime Rib, Maine Lobster, et al. Jacques with French Onion and Pumpkin soups, Escargot, Filet of Sole,  Sea Bass for two in a Filo dough crust, Filet Mignon and it goes on. Toscana, my wife’s favorite is the Lasagne with Béchamel sauce, Rack of Lamb, Filet Mignon, Pasta specials, Oso Buco, and then you have to work through the cart of specialty Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars and fresh baked breads. Just gained 5 #. 

If you are in a Concierge Balcony, you receive 3 Free (up to 20 items, non ironed) bags of laundry in addition to the Free Launderette. Review the Amenity lists for the various stateroom levels. Your Free Room Service provides dinner from the GDR menu which changes daily. Should you book PH level, amenities increase and your your Room Service dinners are from the Specialty Restaurants. Oops, another 5#. 

The only negative we found when we tried Oceania, we NEVER went back to P or C or HAL. And Baristas is the absolute best coffee service anywhere AND DEFINITELY NO Coffee Card.  

Of course we are not done but no one needs a book size response.  Check a few of the other questions raised by others and read on…

Welcome to Oceania 🛳👍🙏😇🍽❤️.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oceania Memorial Day Sale starts Thursday I do believe, should they have any vacancies. Lots of Waitlisted rooms, ships and itineraries.  
🙏👍🛳🤞🤙🥂🍽🍷🎂✈️

• Like 1

We are new to Oceania also, having sailed HAL, RCL, Princess, Carnival ... we just booked the Mediterranean Aug. 2022 on the Riviera. I was wondering if anyone could answer a few more Oceania questions for another newbie 🙂. Has anyone had any experience in the spa?  I understand that it will no longer be a Canyon Ranch. 

Also how is the gym and the aerobics room? My DH and I like to get in a little exercise before we hit the port for the day.  Does the gym get crowded?

Does the pool area tend to get crowded?  We like to jump in the pool after a long excursion day.  Thanks for any info.

38 minutes ago, pdanza22 said:

Has anyone had any experience in the spa?  I understand that it will no longer be a Canyon Ranch. 

Also how is the gym and the aerobics room? My DH and I like to get in a little exercise before we hit the port for the day.  Does the gym get crowded?

Does the pool area tend to get crowded?  We like to jump in the pool after a long excursion day.  Thanks for any info.

It has changed to  Aquamar   ..I have not been on the ship since the change over

some photos of the fitness centre

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/fitness-center-311070/fitness-center--v14124624

The machines can get busy early in the mornings

the pool is  small  & I have rarely seen it crowded  but it will depend on the specific cruise pax

FWIW  no jumping in the pool 😄

6 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

It has changed to  Aquamar   ..I have not been on the ship since the change over

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/fitness-center-311070/fitness-center--v14124624

the pool is  small  & I have rarely seen it crowded  but it will depend on the specific cruise pax

Other than decor changes and some minor price increases, Aquamar is pretty much the same as was Canyon Ranch. 
Pool is seldom crowded though on a sea day with nice weather you may not get your favorite spot.

OK, booked my first Oceania cruise!  Thanks for posting the pics of the fitness center.  I'm an early riser and usually spend time there every morning if it opens early enough.  Anyone know what time the fitness center opens in the morning on the Riviera?  

26 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Well it's really not a jump it's more of a slow shuffle lately, but thanks for the photos and information. Can't wait to sail.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, espmass said:

OK, booked my first Oceania cruise!  Thanks for posting the pics of the fitness center.  I'm an early riser and usually spend time there every morning if it opens early enough.  Anyone know what time the fitness center opens in the morning on the Riviera?  

I think it may open at 6 am or maybe 7 am

will see if I still  have a newsletter around  or maybe someone who gets up early will know  😄

23 hours ago, pdanza22 said:

We were on an Oceania cruise with many sea days.The aerobics classes and Zumba were so full, I quit going. There was barely room to move. I don't think it would be an issue on a post intensive Mediterranean cruise though.

On 5/26/2021 at 1:16 PM, espmass said:

Anyone know what time the fitness center opens in the morning on the Riviera?  

I found some older CURRENTS   hour  were 6 am to 10pm