Shareholder Benefit is no longer offered

uktog

I did not apply for some shareholder benefit until now and have had the following response.  Its no big deal but thought others would be interested in this email I have just received.

Azamara do however need to update their website to reflect this!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your interest in our Royal Caribbean Shareholder Benefits program. 

On January 19th, 2021, we entered into a definitive agreement to sell Azamara to Sycamore Partners, a firm specializing in consumer, retail, and distribution investments.  As a result of the sale, Azamara sailings will no longer be a part of our Royal Caribbean Shareholder Benefits program beginning on 19 March 2021.

We wish you the best moving forward and hope to welcome you back onboard as we return to service!

Ryan
Shareholder Benefit Team
Royal Caribbean, Ltd.

Edited by uktog

I wonder if they will actually get the OBC.  Hoping they got the confirmation before 3/19.  I figure it won’t be long before they make tge split on loyalty points and we won’t get credit in the Captains Club for the 41 Azamara nights (275 points) we have booked for 2022. 

3 hours ago, ECCruise said:

No surprise, but I think some folks were able to get in before the deadline so congrats to them.

I did, on both legs before Mar 19.  But they could still take it away when the actual cruise is next year.

6 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I did, on both legs before Mar 19.  But they could still take it away when the actual cruise is next year.

I was thinking of you when I saw the post by  @uktog.

4 hours ago, TeaBag said:

We applied in February and got it for 2 cruises. Fingers crossed that it stays in place.

Edited by Grandma Cruising

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 12:47 PM, uktog said:

I did not apply for some shareholder benefit until now and have had the following response.  Its no big deal but thought others would be interested in this email I have just received.

Azamara do however need to update their website to reflect this!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your interest in our Royal Caribbean Shareholder Benefits program. 
On January 19th, 2021, we entered into a definitive agreement to sell Azamara to Sycamore Partners, a firm specializing in consumer, retail, and distribution investments.  As a result of the sale, Azamara sailings will no longer be a part of our Royal Caribbean Shareholder Benefits program beginning on 19 March 2021.
We wish you the best moving forward and hope to welcome you back onboard as we return to service!
Ryan
Shareholder Benefit Team
Royal Caribbean, Ltd.

Here's what comes up when you try to apply online at Azamara.com:

image.thumb.png.6fe06b08eecf8e0c878df257a8bade32.png