CWC Extended

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just announced that CWC is extended for bookings made prior to July 31.  still April 30, 2022 sail by date

sail by or apply by?  I thought it was apply by April 30th, sail by September 2022?  Or is that just for FCC?  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

So suppose I book a September 2022 cruise with a refundable deposit before the new July 31, 2021 deadline.   CWC wouldn't do much for my confidence.   If I had to cancel the 9/22 cruise sometime after final payment in 6/22 I'd get a cruise credit with a shelf life of 90 days or less.  And I understand it sometimes takes them a couple months for them to issue the credit.....

Could someone please explain this in layman's terms. (From CWC terms and conditions.)

"However, if a guest opts-in to receive a CWC FCC at a time when the booking is subject to cancellation charges that would otherwise have been less than 100% of total cruise fare, by opting in to receive a CWC FCC, the guest agrees to become immediately subject to cancellation charges equal to 100% of the cruise fare paid to RCI."

Does this mean that if you cancel under CWC after final payment date and before 48hrs of sail date you are still subject to the 25%, 50% or 75% penalty depending on when you cancel for CWC?

Edited by WeatherFx

37 minutes ago, rockmom said:

sail by or apply by?  I thought it was apply by April 30th, sail by September 2022?  Or is that just for FCC?  

It is only the CWC that has been extended.  Not the FCC

CWC allows you to cancel 48 hours before sailing for a full FCC no penalty or get price drops after final.

• Like 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

It is only the CWC that has been extended.  Not the FCC

CWC allows you to cancel 48 hours before sailing for a full FCC no penalty or get price drops after final.

Thanks for clarifying!  :)   

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JimVB said:

So suppose I book a September 2022 cruise with a refundable deposit before the new July 31, 2021 deadline.   CWC wouldn't do much for my confidence.   If I had to cancel the 9/22 cruise sometime after final payment in 6/22 I'd get a cruise credit with a shelf life of 90 days or less.  And I understand it sometimes takes them a couple months for them to issue the credit.....

A cruise for Sept 2022 is NOT covered under CWC so you would lose $100pp on a non refundable deposit and get the balance of the deposit as a FCC that would be valid for 1 year.

CWC only applies to cruises sailing before April 30, 2022

24 minutes ago, WeatherFx said:

Could someone please explain this in layman's terms. (From CWC terms and conditions.)

"However, if a guest opts-in to receive a CWC FCC at a time when the booking is subject to cancellation charges that would otherwise have been less than 100% of total cruise fare, by opting in to receive a CWC FCC, the guest agrees to become immediately subject to cancellation charges equal to 100% of the cruise fare paid to RCI."

Does this mean that if you cancel under CWC after final payment date and before 48hrs of sail date you are still subject to the 25%, 50% or 75% penalty depending on when you cancel for CWC?

Say you use CWC and cancel 2 months before sailing when the cruise is in 50% penalty.  You get an FCC for the full amount without penalty.  If you cancelled under the regular penalty you would forfeit 50% and get 50% refunded

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

A cruise for Sept 2022 is NOT covered under CWC so you would lose $100pp on a non refundable deposit and get the balance of the deposit as a FCC that would be valid for 1 year.

Guess no restart info coming  this week after all??!!

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimVB said:

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ourusualbeach's response only applies if canceled prior to final payment date.

All [pre-pandemic] penalties would apply if canceled after final payment date.  You would receive a cash refund of the post-penalty balance; you would not receive a FCC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

So it's basically "Rebook with Confidence" being extended

I agree w/ the 'rebook'....the 'confidence' part, however, is gone.  Wondering if we'll get to use any of our cruises booked for this year.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you cancel a cruise under CWC and take the FCC the FCC will be valid for  a minimum of 12 months from the date of cancellation

This is literally the first time I’ve heard that a fcc issued under cWc after final payment would be good for a year from cancellation date.  I knew it was a year under normal rules before final payment.  I’ve been sweating how I’d get Fccs applied by 30 April 2022 if I cancel under cWc in march 2022.  I’m still waiting on an FCC from a cruise I canceled 19 Feb!   Have been booking Refundable for peace of mind.  Since we have just under a year until 30 April, I was looking for née info to come out on how Royal was going to handle the quick turn on the fccs.  Guess the answer is the one year rule.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you cancel a cruise under CWC and take the FCC the FCC will be valid for  a minimum of 12 months from the date of cancellation

Ken, I cancelled a cruise on 4 May and already received my fcc yesterday.  It says expiration 30 April which is less than a year.

1 hour ago, dianajo67 said:

Ken, I cancelled a cruise on 4 May and already received my fcc yesterday.  It says expiration 30 April which is less than a year.

That is correct.  The FCC you received has an apply by date of April 30 BUT a sail by date of Sept 30, 2022 which is 15 months away

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is correct.  The FCC you received has an apply by date of April 30 BUT a sail by date of Sept 30, 2022 which is 15 months away

what about this scenario - Purchase a February 2022 cruise under CWC this month , Decide to cancel a week before cruise (cancel Feb 2022).   Does the FCC need to be applied by April 30, 2022 - and Still have to sail by September 2022 - or sail by 12 months from CWC cancel date (Feb 2022 example)?

Thanks in advance

Edited by BSocial
Typos

Just now, BSocial said:

what about this scenario - Purchase a February 2022 cruise under CWC this month , Decide to cancel a week before cruise (cancel Feb 2022).   Does the FCC need to be applied by April 30, 2022 - and Still have t9 sail by September 2022 - or sail by 12 months from CWC cancel date ((Feb 2022 example)?

Thanks in advance

From what I have read in the FAQ's the FCC in your scenario would be valid until Feb 2023.  I would think at that point the apply by and sail by date would be the same just as they were before this mess started.  It would just simply be an expiry date.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

From what I have read in the FAQ's the FCC in your scenario would be valid until Feb 2023.  I would think at that point the apply by and sail by date would be the same just as they were before this mess started.  It would just simply be an expiry date.

thank you so much!  Definitely helped me make up my mind.