Vaccine Passports

19 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

DHS secretary: 'We're taking a very close look at' vaccine passports (msn.com)

The article reminds us some other countries (aka ports) might require vaccines to enter, even if RCCL doesn't require them to get on.  Might be an issue for kids under 16/12 (or any other passengers not vaccinated) at some ports....

• We’ve always said we’re looking at how we can ensure Americans traveling abroad have a quick and easy way to enter other countries," the spokesperson added.
  • "That’s what the Secretary was referring to; ensuring that all U.S. travelers will be able to easily meet any anticipated foreign country entry requirements."

https://www.axios.com/biden-covid-vaccine-passport-mayorkas-travel-546fec90-3b6d-4d84-afff-64c1514ad295.html

28 minutes ago, flamingos said:

• We’ve always said we’re looking at how we can ensure Americans traveling abroad have a quick and easy way to enter other countries," the spokesperson added.
  • "That’s what the Secretary was referring to; ensuring that all U.S. travelers will be able to easily meet any anticipated foreign country entry requirements."

https://www.axios.com/biden-covid-vaccine-passport-mayorkas-travel-546fec90-3b6d-4d84-afff-64c1514ad295.html

As I said, if some ports require vaccination I guess there will be pax who can't get off the ship.

10 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I’m that instance the entire ship will be denied docking privileges at the island. 

In that case I guess RCCL won't be docking anywhere that requires vaccines.

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

DHS secretary: 'We're taking a very close look at' vaccine passports (msn.com)

The article reminds us some other countries (aka ports) might require vaccines to enter, even if RCCL doesn't require them to get on.  Might be an issue for kids under 16/12 (or any other passengers not vaccinated) at some ports....

Don't see it happening, just talk. Even if they decided to would be Court/Lawsuits, we are are on downside Pandemic closing on Herd Immunity/Virus Burnout. Shoot Govt has admitted only half of the CDC & NIH even received the Vaccine. Not to mention 30% Congress, 30+ percent US Military, 40% Marines, 30-40 percent of Medical Field and Parents of 60% Kids said have no plans to get the Vaccine. With low cases, Country Opening will be even less likely to get it... Except my 4 young Grand Daughters my whole Family is Fully Vaccinated, so no issue I plan on Cruising gratefully w/o Mask this Fall.

They absolutely should have a system in place for international travelers to be able to easily provide verified proof of vaccination at international borders, beyond a card that can be fabricated.  Not sure why this would be a problem for anyone.  

• Like 2