November Transatlantic Crossing (Dawn)

Clutj

We are considering this two week mid-November cruise Lisbon to Ft Lauderdale coming up in November.  Any tips from veterans?  How cold is it?  Outdoor dining possible?  What are Muse-level ship “enrichments” like?  Anything special for nine-straight sea days?  Many thanks. 

We did a trans once on Regent stopping in Bermuda so 5 sea days, Bermuda and then 4 sea days. For us it was just too many days at sea. Some people love that but we got tired of no ports. We would never do a trans again. Different stokes for different folks!!

We have thoroughly enjoyed about ten crossings, including the maiden crossing of the Silver Spirit in Janurary 2010.  We look very forward to enjoying the maiden Med voyage & crossing of the Silver Dawn.

Silversea puts their best foot forward in terms of hardware (ship) and software (crew, entertainment) on this voyages.  Bet, easily over half of the guests sailing on these crossings are Silversea Alumni (Venetian Society Members)

As zqtchas intimates above sea days include a chock full of activities; wine tasting, trivia, singles hosted cocktail party/dinner and fabulous entertainment.

Yes there will be a special night BBQ on the pool deck, games to play on the pool deck (crew vs. guests), wine tasting (my fav),  and cooking demonstrations in the theater.

You will love this crossing, see you on board!

Edited by WesW
  • Like 3

We also love sea days! We have done 11 crossings and the sea days are the most relaxing chill out days. No pressure to get up early to be ready for a port due to FOMO.

Always plenty to do on sea days for those who want activities.

Nothing but sea on the horizon!

Most of the southern crossings have been mild warm weather while the northern crossing may be chillier( including parka)!

• Like 1

I have my very first TA crossing booked for March from Ft. Lauderdale going to Lisbon😃.This specific cruise will make up for the crossing I was supposed to take in April 2020----we all know what happened to that one.☹️