Anyone use the “Clear” travel ID service?

AdoraBelle

TSA Pre is very effective, and in most cases fairly fast. You are paying a lot extra for CLEAR (beyond your trial)...from what I have seen, (we travel a moderate amount, more than average, but not a serious business type traveler), the cost isn't worth it unless you travel A LOT.

I have Global Entry that includes TSA Pre-Check. I also tried "Clear". I love Clear. It gets me thru much faster than TSA Pre-Check. (My experience is that there is generally a line in TSA Pre-Check and there is no line or only 1 person using Clear.

With Clear, I no longer have to present an ID. Clear uses biometrics (retina scan and/or finger prints) for you ID. Scan the boarding pass (either paper or electronic), a Clear rep walks you to the TSA agent, vouches for you and off you go.

Clear also has access to major sporting events and concerts. I have not had a chance to try this feature yet.

Clear is only in some airports. It's not at my home airport. Even when doing frequent business travel it wasn't worth it to me. I had global entry and it usually had little to no line at my home airport and was reasonably fast & easy at other US airports.

• Like 1