How do you deal with bad weather it is ''bumming '' me out on this long weekend.

dolittle

On 6/2/2021 at 2:20 AM, Donald said:

You don’t like bad weather, so you chose to live in Philadelphia.

Sure, that makes sense.

We mostly have nice weather I, like all four seasons.

Here's a useless tidbit for those who are concerned about the weather:  Yesterday, parts of Ft. Myers, Fl.  received record rainfall, about 5" fell throughout the day

A 1/2 hour drive south in Naples, Fl, there was no rain.

• Haha 1

On 6/4/2021 at 7:43 AM, evandbob said:

Here's a useless tidbit for those who are concerned about the weather:  Yesterday, parts of Ft. Myers, Fl.  received record rainfall, about 5" fell throughout the day

That can happen anywhere

On 6/4/2021 at 6:43 AM, evandbob said:

I got caught driving in one of those FL downpours, it was crazy. I pulled over and was amazed at how many people kept driving and didn't even slow down. There was no way they could see where they were going.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

I got caught driving in one of those FL downpours, it was crazy. I pulled over and was amazed at how many people kept driving and didn't even slow down. There was no way they could see where they were going.

I have witnessed such wonderful driving behavior!  Driver Education in public schools is a relic of the past.  But, it's a "relic" that needs to be "rediscovered".  

2 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I have witnessed such wonderful driving behavior!  Driver Education in public schools is a relic of the past.  But, it's a "relic" that needs to be "rediscovered".  

Unfortunately we now teach people to "pass the test". Not to be good drivers.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Unfortunately we now teach people to "pass the test". Not to be good drivers.

How about stressing walking .There are able bodied people who drive a block to buy a newspaper.I haven not driven since 2003 .When I was physically able ,from 2003 to 2015 I would walk several miles a day.

• 2 weeks later...

One stands out for us.   Private island (one of the Cays), and we tendered ashore.  It was drizzling, but turned into a deluge.   We scampered to one of the dining areas under cover, and spent the day playing Uno with many (many) different groups.  Our Uno deck has grown over the years, so it was easy to share across tables.  At one point, we had 14 playing at one table, and players came and went between rounds.  Fun times!