Bolt - how much $ to ride?

4 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

But to sail out of Florida, you're not going to be able to ask people to prove they have been vaccinated. 

Their coughing maskless fit vs yours.

I think the cruise lines can ask, just not require, according to the law - if it stands. Will it stand? I think the jury is still out on that and there are rumors.

13 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

When I first red about the Bolt a few years ago it was to be offered as a free ride. Since then Carnival has said it depends on how many are waiting to ride it. Now says" Cost $ " No indication on the price. Just a dollar sign.

This is from 2019.  Most articles out there from the first big announcement and release of details news release said about the same thing.  From what I read anyways.  Even Carnival said there would be an upcharge in 2019 during their big reveal with Shaq.  

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2019/11/20/new-cruise-ship-rollercoaster-rolled-out-by-shaq-in-orlando

I am sure there are some out there that made it seem like it was going to be "included" but we should never go by those.  Only official announcements and things do change.  Would be terrible if it was for free.  Chaotic.

Edited by BrotherCraig

1 minute ago, BrotherCraig said:

This is from 2019.  Most articles out there from the first big announcement and release of details news release said about the same thing.  From what I read anyways.  Even Carnival said there would be an upcharge in 2019 during their big reveal with Shaq.  

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2019/11/20/new-cruise-ship-rollercoaster-rolled-out-by-shaq-in-orlando

That is newer than the one I saw. If I recall the one I read is when they had a drawing and showing one coaster. It was a very short article unlike this one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

That is newer than the one I saw. If I recall the one I read is when they had a drawing and showing one coaster. It was a very short article unlike this one.

I 100% believe you

Edited by BrotherCraig

10 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

I 100% believe you

Here is one I just found.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/roller-coaster-cruise-ship-amenities/index.html

Two riders share the thrills and 360-degree views from one of two all-electric motorcycle-style cars; speeds are controlled by guests' propensity for putting the pedal to the metal. Rides on BOLT will be free; there's a 43-inch minimum-height requirement.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Same with Celebrity - Edge Villa or Signature (also I think) or higher suite includes unlimited specialty dining. Yes, you're paying out the ... for it, but at least they're not trying to tack it on!

Tom

I know and suites are a arm and a leg. 

I'm loving the bbq menu on your mardi gras vs the one on vista. Hot wings .. and nachos plus bbq. I'd want to eat there all day. No wonder seating is so hard to come by. I dont like fried chicken, just the wings, and hot wings. Only chicken I want. And I love roller coasters. 

You can have the suites. Sept cant come soon enough. I'm hoping I can board and get that excursion I want and steak dinner night one. Lol I did book a suite that sleeps 6 for my hotel in Galveston.. hahahaha. Tbh only because it faced the ocean. Solo, hahahahaha. 

41 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

I will try it once. I like to try everything once.

But I would rather do the go-carts of NCL or cool ropes course like on Pano.

Of course, I'm sure if a ship had a bungee jump, I'd end up like this guy...Video Shows Cruise Ship Passenger Crash Onto Deck in Bungee Trampoline Mishap: 'All I Really Remember Is the Hit and the Fear' (newsweek.com)

I'm sure a lot of carnival cruises have rope courses. Magic and others had nice ones. They just run together. Vista has shorter rope courses, easy and too hard. Easy too easy. Earlier ships have better ones.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I know and suites are a arm and a leg. 

I'm loving the bbq menu on your mardi gras vs the one on vista. Hot wings .. and nachos plus bbq. I'd want to eat there all day. No wonder seating is so hard to come by. I dont like fried chicken, just the wings, and hot wings. Only chicken I want. And I love roller coasters. 

You can have the suites. Sept cant come soon enough. I'm hoping I can board and get that excursion I want and steak dinner night one. Lol I did book a suite that sleeps 6 for my hotel in Galveston.. hahahaha. Tbh only because it faced the ocean. Solo, hahahahaha. 

Halloween cruise for us. Weeks ago booked and paid for the steak house and Bottomless Bubbles package. Lower price for the sodas if purchased now.

Just now, firefly333 said:

I'm sure a lot of carnival cruises have rope courses. Magic and others had nice ones. They just run together. Vista has shorter rope courses, easy and too hard. Easy too easy. Earlier ships have better ones.

The ships you mention are Carnival ships?

45 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

I will try it once. I like to try everything once.

But I would rather do the go-carts of NCL or cool ropes course like on Pano.

Of course, I'm sure if a ship had a bungee jump, I'd end up like this guy...Video Shows Cruise Ship Passenger Crash Onto Deck in Bungee Trampoline Mishap: 'All I Really Remember Is the Hit and the Fear' (newsweek.com)

That's disturbing.  I have zero trust for bungee cords.

1 hour ago, BrotherCraig said:

I agree.  To me, $38 is cheap for a steakhouse.  We go to steakhouses here in Houston and we usually pay $50 just for the steak and then $15 per side (shareable for two people).  Throw in Appetizers and dessert.  

If you’ve never tried Perry’s Steakhouse special Pork Chop meal on Fridays you really should.  Beats any steak I’ve ever had.

https://perryssteakhouse.com/specials/pork-chop-lunch/

3 minutes ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

If you’ve never tried Perry’s Steakhouse special Pork Chop meal on Fridays you really should.  Beats any steak I’ve ever had.

I have had some really great pork chops. Carnival has them also. Totally depends what I am in the mood for. However, for the price. I will take the File Mignon. Last time it was brought to the table on a sizzling grill platter. I had her pour the juices on the steak. Yum!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

That's disturbing.  I have zero trust for bungee cords.

I'd only use one if I was escaping a fire or other mortal danger (same goes for skydiving and such as far as I'm concerned)!

Tom

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

Thanks.  Been to Perry's many times, since they are everywhere here,  but never had their pork chop.  I don't eat pork but maybe once or twice a year so I will make sure to try it.  

26 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I have had some really great pork chops. Carnival has them also. Totally depends what I am in the mood for. However, for the price. I will take the File Mignon. Last time it was brought to the table on a sizzling grill platter. I had her pour the juices on the steak. Yum!

That is what I usually order - Filet Mignon.  Just had a great one at a place called Mastros here in Houston.  Steak 48 is amazing here as well.  I love a good steak.  Carnival Steakhouse is pretty dang good for a cruise line.  Most tourist type places, like Disney, don't have very good food so it is nice to have some when on vacation.

2 hours ago, BrotherCraig said:

I believe if you remove Mexico from the North America average, it would greatly decrease that average.  Mexico is #1 in obesity in the world.  Reason Texas has a high obesity average.    You can't go by average weight because you have to factor in height as well.  BMI would better to use although that doesn't tell the whole tale as well.

Dang! and I thought it was those Canucks tipping the scale😁

• Haha 1

OK So,

All the articles posted here, say absolutely nada about a charge for BOLT.  So charging is all speck until someone actually goes on board the MG and rides one?  Lots of hand wringing going on.

I've been able to ride the Sky Ride on both Horizon and Vista.  It's all in the timing of when you line up.

Same with the zip line on the Symphony of the Seas.  But yes the kiddos hog these things. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

OK So,

All the articles posted here, say absolutely nada about a charge for BOLT.  So charging is all speck until someone actually goes on board the MG and rides one?  Lots of hand wringing going on.

I've been able to ride the Sky Ride on both Horizon and Vista.  It's all in the timing of when you line up.

Same with the zip line on the Symphony of the Seas.  But yes the kiddos hog these things. 

YES they will charge. You can easily google it. Carnival shows a dollar sign for the charge just no amount at this time. No longer free.

11 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

YES they will charge. You can easily google it. Carnival shows a dollar sign for the charge just no amount at this time. No longer free.

Yep, perhaps it was only going to be free the first YEAR following completion (lol) !

Tom

13 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

There will be a charge. Are you saying maybe not? It clearly show there is a charge.

Go back and read my post.  It was in reply to someone saying something about "nada" and "speculation" that there would be a charge.  My post was a screengrab from carnival.com showing there is a charge.