Carnival July 2021 Cruise Question

Mamott

I apologize in advance if this is not the correct place to ask. We are booked July 17 on Vista out of Galveston. We typically get Faster to the Fun but is says sold out.  So, is it sold out or have they maybe not opened it up yet? Will that be a thing with the new protocols a d all the things? Has anyone heard? I booked through an agent, not Carnival direct, so I did not want to bother them. I thought maybe someone here had info. Thanks so much. 

John Herald said today that Priority Boarding is on hold until Cruising gets back to normal.  Faster to the Fun was a Priority Boarding so safe to assume you won’t be able to book it for awhile. 

• Like 1

It was on sale for my vista date just this past weekend. FTTF is still printing on luggage tags, priority from loyalty is not on luggage tags.

To me it's not clear as some bought it ...will it be honoured or refunded. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bdever said:

I hope they are not selling it or honoring it as that would piss a lot of diamonds 💎 & platinums off and rightfully so.

I'd like to see a quote of exactly what john said, not people summing it up. Hard to know without reading the wording to me. 

Either they need to refund the cost of FTTF or honor it. Cant say oh sorry it's no good without a refund. I guess I could try and find his blog, but he doesnt interest me much. His was probably a blanket statement. My roll call wants to know lol.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mamott said:

I apologize in advance if this is not the correct place to ask. We are booked July 17 on Vista out of Galveston. We typically get Faster to the Fun but is says sold out.  So, is it sold out or have they maybe not opened it up yet? Will that be a thing with the new protocols a d all the things? Has anyone heard? I booked through an agent, not Carnival direct, so I did not want to bother them. I thought maybe someone here had info. Thanks so much. 

You may want to keep checking regularly as they have released additional FTTF slots sometimes. I'm sure your TA won't mind if you do the checking and call them if you find it becomes available. Not saying you'll find it but it doesn't hurt to keep an eye on it.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'd like to see a quote of exactly what john said, not people summing it up. Hard to know without reading the wording to me. 

Either they need to refund the cost of FTTF or honor it. Cant say oh sorry it's no good without a refund. I guess I could try and find his blog, but he doesnt interest me much. His was probably a blanket statement. My roll call wants to know lol.

John said last week that there would be refunds for FTTF if someone booked it and it was not available for that cruise.  I know you want to see the exact quote, but it was a video, so I don't have it.

58 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

This was in response to a post someone had put on his page.  His words "Good morning, we should not be selling faster to the fun and it needs to be removed from the website which I will definitely look at today. I promise you that we are going to get loyalty priority boarding back as soon as possible and thank you all so much for your patience.  I will take care of this and thank you for bringing it to my attention. Cheers and hope to see you soon"

That is the quote about how they should not have FTTF showing on July cruises.  He did answer somewhere about refunding FTTF.

Edited by kwbrad
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

John said last week that there would be refunds for FTTF if someone booked it and it was not available for that cruise.  I know you want to see the exact quote, but it was a video, so I don't have it.

So odder still it was being bought for my date as recently as last friday. Why would they sell it if it wasnt going to be honored after what John said. The beards need to get on the same page.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

So odder still it was being bought for my date as recently as last friday. Why would they sell it if it wasnt going to be honored after what John said. The beards need to get on the same page.

They are still selling it for our August 3rd cruise, but took away priority boarding.  I don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bdever said:

I hope they are not selling it or honoring it as that would piss a lot of diamonds 💎 & platinums off and rightfully so.

If Carnival honors FTTF and not priority boarding for P & Ds there’s going to be a loud uproar, and I’ll be right up front.

• Like 1