Encore to replace the Bliss for 2021 Alaska Cruises?

mianmike

14 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We were told onboard that NCL paid a million dollars for the Encore chandelier. It is the first thing that greets you as you board

1932733732_NCLBattleoftheBigShips.thumb.jpg.dc01b228f45bd63f147403883a3e4e99.jpg

image.png.d9c7843f5ce280a8b2d9ce90beaaf1a7.png

“One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn’t belong…”

• Like 1

I just watched this video and it makes it sound like the Alaska cruise season could be in jeopardy but honestly I didn’t understand all that was being said. Makes me a little nervous to go ahead and make flight arrangements and purchase insurance if the cruise isn’t going to go. 

f

Edited by AryMay
  • Like 1

I have been predicting this for over a week now and not surprised it's the Encore. That would be the only ship that could swap with to have the exact cabins for everyone.

I don't have the Bliss booked for Alaska since I am going with Holland America in both July and September but I am sailing the Bliss for November out of San Pedro. I would love to know what that means for the Mexico sailings. They could still bring Bliss over later but I am good with it being Encore. We were schedules to cruise on Encore and paid in Full when the pause happened so would love it if they did place Encore doing the Mexico run. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AryMay said:

I just watched this video and it makes it sound like the Alaska cruise season could be in jeopardy but honestly I didn’t understand all that was being said. Makes me a little nervous to go ahead and make flight arrangements and purchase insurance if the cruise isn’t going to go. 

I saw this as well.  All I can say is this situation is so fluid one could drown just trying to keep up 🙄  And isn’t this FLA governor running for President in 4 years?  If he screws over my Alaska cruise is NOT getting my vote. 😜

8 minutes ago, AryMay said:

f

Listening to that clown caused me to experience physical pain.  I'm guessing that he knows nothing about law and is just making this crap up to sell his youtube channel.  Does he really think that silly lawsuit is going to be settled anytime before next Feb?  He literally just talked about what if "the lawsuit passes."  Legislation passes.  Lawsuits go through a long, slow court process and are never "passed."  They may be settled or decided by a court, but they don't "pass."  Does anybody think that this guy even listens to himself before posting this crap?  He's an idiot....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

Listening to that clown caused me to experience physical pain.  I'm guessing that he knows nothing about law and is just making this crap up to sell his youtube channel.  Does he really think that silly lawsuit is going to be settled anytime before next Feb?  He literally just talked about what if "the lawsuit passes."  Legislation passes.  Lawsuits go through a long, slow court process and are never "passed."  They may be settled or decided by a court, but they don't "pass."  Does anybody think that this guy even listens to himself before posting this crap?  He's an idiot....

So right, what a load of tosh.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, AryMay said:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/florida-cruise-lawsuit-alaska-impact/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

Thanks for all the good info.  I haven't received the notification from NCL yet, but our cruise is in October.  I just did a side by side comparison of the deck plans for the decks we're booked on and the rooms appear to be identical.  Besides being the newest ship, it looks like we'll also benefit from having a show other than the Jersey Boys.  That's a good show, but we've already seen it on two different cruises.

Depends if there is a show other than Choir of Man. The NCL restart videos said that Kinky Boots was going to take the longest to re-install and would be the later ones to be available. 

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Yeah, I got all that from the silly video.  The judge basically sent the message that this is a silly lawsuit (some would use the term frivolous) and that the CDC and FLA needed to shake hands, become friends and work it out.  It's not like the judge is now going to ramrod a decision through (which would just enter a long appeals process in the snowballs chance in hades that a judge ruled in FLA's favor).  Do these people pay any attention to how lawsuits work in this Country?

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Depends if there is a show other than Choir of Man. The NCL restart videos said that Kinky Boots was going to take the longest to re-install and would be the later ones to be available. 

Thanks.  I was really just hoping for something other than Jersey Boys (unless it was Priscilla).

6 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

Thanks.  I was really just hoping for something other than Jersey Boys (unless it was Priscilla).

With Encore it will probably be Kinky Boots and Choir of Man. Unless they take one of them away to also do Six. Which I heard they were actually planning to do on a few ships.

2 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

With Encore it will probably be Kinky Boots and Choir of Man. Unless they take one of them away to also do Six. Which I heard they were actually planning to do on a few ships.

Strongly doubt it will be Kinky Boots based on the Embark videos.

4 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Thanks.  I've been on two cruises with both Jersey Boys and Priscilla and would welcome anything else at this point.

Thanks @BirdTravels - I had literally just spent all weekend reading through the tons of posts on your Bliss sailing and was going to ask if you had a similar summary for the Encore. Now I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

Until I step foot on a ship, I'm no longer getting excited or worked up over changes. The only thing I will be keeping fingers and toes crossed for is a 1-for-1 swap from Bliss to Encore. I was booked on the Pearl for October in Greece, and they swapped it for the Jade but made everyone rebook. If this is just a different picture on the hull, I'm ok with that.

As for flights... mine are already booked as I had flight credits to use up from my April cancelled sailing out of Seattle. So if the worst happens with this cruise I'll be flying to Seattle regardless.

31 minutes ago, jcu1210 said:

I still haven't received my email with the ship change. I am curious for my fellow bliss, now encore shipmates, when are you purchasing your flights?

We usually use SW Air points, so we book flights immediately.  Zero risk. 

A little disappointed since we had the Encore booked originally for this September for Alaska in the room of our dreams.  Well it was cancelled a few months ago.  Now it is actually going with this new swap..  We already rebooked on the Escape in December and will leave it there.  We’ll get to Alaska......some day.