Additional summer cancelations on Infinity, Millenium, Reflection

JackAms

bleh, well at least now I know what's happening....unfortunately I have a FCC tied into this cruise... wonder if that gets extended to next October as well?  

We have an MSC cruise booked for next May, so going to have to decide if we can also swing a second Europe cruise in October 2022...

Or do the FCC & just go to Alaska in September...   or just get our money back, perhaps I've leant it to Celebrity for long enough... this dang booking goes back for several years 😞

Reflection Cancelled, so bye-bye TA with b2b in October...

I am so happy that I booked Apex(b2b) for 2022 when these cruises first became available.  though I am very sad to miss Reflection b2b with TA for 2021, in the back of my mind, I just thought this was a huge possibility.  

I just hope that my TP from Sydney to Honolulu for 4/22 doesn't go down the exact same way.  

To all of you who are in the same or similar situation, safe travels when and where you go!

Edited by Lastdance

55 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

bleh, well at least now I know what's happening....unfortunately I have a FCC tied into this cruise... wonder if that gets extended to next October as well?  

We have an MSC cruise booked for next May, so going to have to decide if we can also swing a second Europe cruise in October 2022...

Or do the FCC & just go to Alaska in September...   or just get our money back, perhaps I've leant it to Celebrity for long enough... this dang booking goes back for several years 😞

We used FCC for our Sept 4, Reflection cruise.  The email I read from X states its still only good until April 2022( for use thru Sept 2022). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, calicakes said:

We used FCC for our Sept 4, Reflection cruise.  The email I read from X states its still only good until April 2022( for use thru Sept 2022). 

thank you, looks like I either go ahead & book Alaska for this summer, or just get a refund...  leaning towards the refund...  & then a fresh start with a brand new booking at some point  🙂   or just decide to go big & book September Reflection 😉 

We got the email this morning and our September 9th cruise was canceled for the 3rd time since we booked in 2019. We just booked the Equinox for Aug 27th, a 10 day cruise from FLL to the ABC Islands. The FCC 125% credit let us upgrade to Celebrity Aft facing Suite on the 12th deck for the same as our Aft facing Aqua Class cabin on the Infinity. Not where we wanted to cruise this year but happy to be going somewhere. 

19 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

I feel your pain. Glad now that I went ahead and kicked my Infinity August sailing forward to 2022. That makes change #4 to this cruise (originally a BTB booked in 2018!).

• Like 1

Does anybody know why these sailings were cancelled?

I'm sure port readiness has something to do with them but cancelling Sept and October cruises right now seems counter-intuitive to cruising resumption activities around the globe.

I'm wondering if they didn't have enough occupancy to justify the cost of sailing.   

Granted I'm not paying as much attention to detail on the sailing changes as other posters but these cancellations seem odd to me.

Crew staffing issues?     Supply chain worries?  

Here we go again, Just found out about this through you guys! Haven’t been reading the boards for a few days, no email received from Celebrity they have sent them on all my other cancelled cruises.

Im going to try and lift and shift my b2b in September to next year! These cruises have been cancelled three times in total, I really thought we had good chance of sailing this time. Flights will have to be cancelled so we will be loosing cash on them, Ten cancelled cruises now.Dianne

On 6/23/2021 at 7:21 AM, terrydtx said:

We got the email this morning and our September 9th cruise was canceled for the 3rd time since we booked in 2019. We just booked the Equinox for Aug 27th, a 10 day cruise from FLL to the ABC Islands. The FCC 125% credit let us upgrade to Celebrity Aft facing Suite on the 12th deck for the same as our Aft facing Aqua Class cabin on the Infinity. Not where we wanted to cruise this year but happy to be going somewhere. 

Have you sailed Suite (Retreat) Class before?

Just now, The Wood Duck said:

Have you sailed Suite (Retreat) Class before?

No this will be our first time and with 4 sea days i believe we will enjoy the retreat.  It is also over our 50th anniversary. 

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

No this will be our first time and with 4 sea days i believe we will enjoy the retreat.  It is also over our 50th anniversary. 

You will love it, expensive yes, but, in our opinion Luminae dinning and larger state rooms make it well worth the premium. Priority check in and out also a great perk. Make sure you check in in FLL at the Suite guest area, your sea pass is held in that area. We have done Suites the last 3 three cruises and will never go back.

3 minutes ago, The Wood Duck said:

You will love it, expensive yes, but, in our opinion Luminae dinning and larger state rooms make it well worth the premium. Priority check in and out also a great perk. Make sure you check in in FLL at the Suite guest area, your sea pass is held in that area. We have done Suites the last 3 three cruises and will never go back.

With the extra 25% cruise credit and the included Indulge package, the suite is not that much more than our normal Aqua Class we book. I think you are right about not being able to go back once we do a suite, that happened to us first time we flew first and business class, we refuse to now fly longer than 2 hours in economy any more.

We rebooked our Iberian Peninsula cruise for Sept 2022.  Its now Italy, Croatia, Montengro.  I like that it starts in Rome and ends in Rome.  We're also in a Sky Suite.  We were supposed to have a Suite in Dec 2020 and Sept 2021.  I hope we finally get to experience one in 2022.  We've always sailed in AQ before.