anyone in favor of eliminating all status programs

luckyinpa

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

What is worth protesting are gimmicks like Carnival’s “Faster To The Fun”

I forgot about "Faster To The Fun".  I recall witnessing such a cattle call at Port Canaveral.  I had arrived early for check-in and was in an early group for embarking Carnival Liberty.  There were not many guests who responded to that cattle call.  After a few minutes, another call was made.  No one responded.  My group was then called.  I got "Faster To The Fun" almost as quickly as those who had paid for the privilege.  

12 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

the evil eye off some of the black card people due to our blue card.

Oh, I am familiar with the "evil eye"!  Sitting in a seat at a bar that some "regulars" of that type of cruise thought "was their territory".  (The bartenders witnessing this event did an excellent job "keeping a straight face".  But, their non-verbal behavior displayed a different message.)  

In my earlier years of cruising, I heard an "evil voice" from a fellow guest questioning how I could have the cruising experience that I had then because of my job position (i.e. how can you afford it).  I was cruising with my Mother on that cruise and the woman learned a lesson from my Mother that I doubt she ever forgot.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, capriccio said:

It wasn't on our first cruise since we were in a mini-suite on Princess. On others when we were in a full suite and I availed myself of the elite and suite line at customer service on more than one occasion I was lectured by black card holders that I didn't belong in the line.  I gave them the evil eye back and announced to the staff when it was my turn that I was in a full suite which they could check easily.  It's only been in the last few years (less than 10) that Princess started including 'suite' on the cruise card.  That helped.  Then I just pointed out the designation on the cruise card.  I don't remember anyone apologizing.

Did you really expect an apology from any of the black cards? 🤣