Process Details for the Celebrity Millennium Sint Maarten Sailings

Seany527

25 minutes ago, imtired1959 said:

UPDATE: All of my shore excursions have been cancelled along with the dinner package and upgraded beverage package stating that it would be refunded to my credit card.  All the freebies were cancelled too. 

Among other interesting things, though the itinerary in the confirmation letter says Barbados, on the shore excursion purchase webpage, there is no selection for it.  Hopefully I snapped this information while they were still in a state of confusion transition.

image.thumb.png.86d2336d97602cdf99bca380d1091059.png

15 minutes ago, imtired1959 said:

16 minutes ago, imtired1959 said:

You're ahead of me.  This morning they changed a port on my October cruise.  My friends got an email - I didn't.  At this point, I can't get into my reservation on the app, and it's still showing cancelled on the web, so I can't see it at all.

11 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I don't like squeezing in, and I don't like other people squeezing in while I am seated, with their butt shoved into my face.  It is NOT enjoyable.

We agree. Also the noise level from multiple voices so close together is one reason why we don't go to the MDR much.

I join my voice to all the members who have thanked you Seany527.

Your review of this first cruise, is factual, filled with pictures and uplifting, even when describing a below par experience at Tuscan Grill.

It really helped me imagine better what was described in writing regarding Celebrity protocols and what our next cruise could be.

Enjoy the end of your cruise and once more, thank-you so much! 

• Like 1

I'm so grateful for your analysis.  Any chance you can peek into the suite area of the ship?  For people who don't like sitting in the sun, I think it will be useless to us.  When we used the Princess part of the ship that was the same idea, a lot was covered so people really enjoyed being in the shade on top of the ship.  

Apparently it was Barbados that changed the testing requirements to 72 hours before arriving in St. Maarten

"Barbados announced a change for entry -- passengers visiting the island would be required to have negative results from a PCR test 72 hours before arriving to St. Maarten. St. Maarten itself had a requirement of 120 hours, so that sent many of us scrambling. It also meant a last-minute itinerary shift, putting Barbados at the front of our schedule."

What it's Like to Get on an International Cruise: Live From Celebrity Millennium (cruisecritic.com)

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

We are in beautiful Curaçao today.

I’ll give some updates about the past few days. 

Tuesday evening an announcement was made that Sint Maarten would now require visitors to have a negative COVID test 48 hours or less, prior to disembarking the ship. 
Overall this is a non issue as most people would require a test anyway to fly back home, but it does show the ever changing environment.

Aruba was very normal. Other than the streets next to the port being practically empty and some of the stores permanently closed, the whole experience while visiting was very nice. 

Over the past few nights at dinner, we took advantage of sitting along the aft windows of the deck 4 dining room. I was disappointed to see they added an additional 5, two person tables out of no where. As you can imagine, it made what was once a quiet peaceful dinner, much louder and more chaotic.

Today we are in Curaçao and things seem to be a little more restrictive than Aruba. Our tour is required to stay in the “bubble.”  Hand sanitizing before we enter the bus each time. 
We are at Mambo beach and cruise passengers are in a sectioned spot of the beach, which is very nice, with plenty of room. We are not allowed to approach the bar or grill. Everything will be brought to us. 
We have to wear masks at all times unless we are in our beach chairs or in the water. If someone from the cruise ship needs to use the bathroom, the bathroom is closed to other guests, we are allowed to use it and then it is cleaned. 

Things are much less restrictive than Barbados, but a little more locked down than Aruba. 

Life on board the Millennium continues to be amazing. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

I'm so grateful for your analysis.  Any chance you can peek into the suite area of the ship?  For people who don't like sitting in the sun, I think it will be useless to us.  When we used the Princess part of the ship that was the same idea, a lot was covered so people really enjoyed being in the shade on top of the ship.  

I actually was able to peak inside after making some friends. The top deck was very, very empty. There are some shaded areas but most chairs are in full sun. The chairs and loungers are beautiful and much more luxurious than the standard chairs on the main pool deck.

I also was able to go into the Retreat lounge. I’ve sailed in the Haven with NCL and the lounge with Celebrity leaves a lot to be desired. But, for that sun deck alone, I do wish I booked the Retreat  

2 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Interesting--but independent port exploration was allowed here? Or am I mistaken?

Yes, independent is allowed in Curaçao. 

I was able to book an independent excursion in Aruba, but due to the short notice, I wasn’t able to find anything for Curaçao.

In Aruba I did see some people while out on their ship tours and most, if not all were maskless.

@Seany527 Thank you again for the update!  What I'm curious about is whether you passengers have received a date and/or time for your pre-disembarkation test.  I would imagine that it would have to be very organized since so many people need to be tested in a short amount of time.

22 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

@Seany527 Thank you again for the update!  What I'm curious about is whether you passengers have received a date and/or time for your pre-disembarkation test.  I would imagine that it would have to be very organized since so many people need to be tested in a short amount of time.

On Sunday they dropped off a questionnaire in our room about our post cruise information (flight of time if leaving on Saturday, B2B cruise info if applicable, number of days in Sint Maartin if not flying out same day).

You could either give this to your cabin attendant or drop off to guest services by end of day Tuesday. 
I completed the form and left it in my cabin but the cabin attendant never took it. I brought it to guest services Tuesday night and haven’t heard back. 
I actually had forgotten about it, so thanks for reminding me. 

• Thanks 1

Interesting news about now requiring a COVID test 48 hours before arriving to ST Maarten. I am booked on the 7/17 Edge and ST. Maarten is on day 5. I wonder if we will have to have 2 tests on board or will they flip the itinerary and test everyone at the terminal.

2 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

We did not get any questionnaire about post cruise info, but we did get a request to scan a QR code which took us to a web site where we could pick our own time to get the pre-disembarkation test — either Thursday (today) or tomorrow.  We chose today in order that we’d have enough time to upload the results to our airline so we can check in prior to arrival at the airport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Seany527 said:

Today we are in Curaçao and things seem to be a little more restrictive than Aruba. Our tour is required to stay in the “bubble.” 

So was it just the ship's tour that required staying in the bubble? We like to rent a car in Curacao and explore, would that be permitted?  And if so, would we be restricted from the beaches and/or have to wear a mask everywhere? Thanks so much for taking the time to share your cruise!

Edited by scubamargie
correction

On 6/7/2021 at 10:17 AM, Seany527 said:

No spacing what so ever in the MDR. There are roughly 600 people onboard and they are seating people at separate tables but on top of one another. I have anytime dining which is on deck 4. The dining room is huge, they have the space to spread us out, but people are seated literally on both sides of you with the tables for 2 a hand span apart. 

We were on the Summit in late summer 2019, and that’s exactly how the tables were in the MDR then. (Maybe even closer than a handspan.)  The two-tops were so close together that you were essentially eating with the people at the adjoining tables.  Sometimes that was okay, and sometimes it wasn’t (as in the case of one guy who decided to make some insulting political comments).  Overall, I would rather just dine with my wife, and not have strangers on top of us.  I find it unpleasant to have tables that close together, and it was a negative experience on an otherwise fun cruise. 

Thank you for taking the time to share your adventure with us. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

• Like 2

Are people vaccinated on these cruises?... if so...social distancing isn't required... here is the section of latest guidance... note the line for 95% cruises...that the requirements are now recommendations. The whole reason I like to cruise is to meet other people.. if they are vaccinated... why is social distancing required? Did I misunderstand the concern?

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 4.03.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 4.06.44 PM.png

44 minutes ago, kearney said:

Are people vaccinated on these cruises?... if so...social distancing isn't required... here is the section of latest guidance... note the line for 95% cruises...that the requirements are now recommendations. The whole reason I like to cruise is to meet other people.. if they are vaccinated... why is social distancing required? Did I misunderstand the concern?

Because it's theater.  They are acting to reassure a nervous public, regardless of "the science".

Think back to how the TSA was frisking 80 year old grandmothers after 9/11.  Wanted people to feel "safe".  They have yet to catch a terrorist, but they are great at the performative art of security theater.

And to drive home the point, here's one example of the TSA brilliance.  If folks bring a bottle of liquid bigger than the allowed 100ml, what do TSA do with those bottles?  Yep, toss them all in a big bin.  If they really were dangerous, wouldn't they have to bring in the hazmat teams to properly handle and dispose of those bottles and contents?

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Because it's theater.  They are acting to reassure a nervous public, regardless of "the science".

Think back to how the TSA was frisking 80 year old grandmothers after 9/11.  Wanted people to feel "safe".  They have yet to catch a terrorist, but they are great at the performative art of security theater.

And to drive home the point, here's one example of the TSA brilliance.  If folks bring a bottle of liquid bigger than the allowed 100ml, what do TSA do with those bottles?  Yep, toss them all in a big bin.  If they really were dangerous, wouldn't they have to bring in the hazmat teams to properly handle and dispose of those bottles and contents?

You speak the truth.

• Like 2

COVID testing began today. 

The Captain just made an announcement that two people from the same cabin have tested positive for COVID. 

Contact tracing has begun. 

We are still able to move freely on the ship. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

COVID testing began today. 

The Captain just made an announcement that two people from the same cabin have tested positive for COVID. 

Contact tracing has begun. 

We are still able to move freely on the ship. 

Hopefully it will be isolated to the two that were found.

• Like 1