Carambola or Cockleshell Beach?

tourismtessy

• 2 weeks later...

I have only been to Carambola Beach, and honestly, the beaches are not the highlight on St. Kitts. I doubt you would find one better than the other, though Carambola might be marginally more sheltered. Cockleshell might have a more interesting view.

On 6/16/2021 at 9:43 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

I have only been to Carambola Beach, and honestly, the beaches are not the highlight on St. Kitts. I doubt you would find one better than the other, though Carambola might be marginally more sheltered. Cockleshell might have a more interesting view.

This information is inaccurate. Actually it's a bunch of BS. "the beaches are not the highlight on St. Kitts" hmmmm that certainly is a new one. Carambola your right does SUCK, the BEACH at the St. Kitts Royal Marriott is AWESOME, one of my favorites in the  western Hemisphere much less the Caribbean. Cockelshell is beautiful, great beach GREAT vibe, nice people. The beaches on St. Kitts other than Carambola are awesome, most of them are never busy either. Love being on an awesome true Atlantic Beach all by myself, nothing like it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We have been to both. It is what you make of it: for example, I loved Carambola and to me Cockleshell was pretty but very rustic. DH loves both and will go anywhere! Friends on the other hand, rave over Cockleshell and would not go anywhere else. Both are beaches....cannot go wrong! 😁😊

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I’ve been to Carambola several times. It’s a nice beach and the facilities are good. I was at Spice Mill today for the first time. And definitely the last time! The description did not say that umbrellas were very limited—at my age, that’s a deal breaker. The entry to the water is full of shells and rocks. The shells and rocks go all the way to the seaweed. If you’re interested in ordering food, order early— the kitchen is on Island Time!!  

On 6/6/2021 at 1:07 AM, tourismtessy said:

I am deciding between 2 different excursions. One goes to Carambola Beach and the other goes to Cockleshell Beach.  Which one is prettier?

One would decline both.  Take a cab to the Marriott, for a better day experience. .  No T’erds….etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 10:44 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

One would decline both.  Take a cab to the Marriott, for a better day experience. .  No T’erds….etc.

Port Royal, is the water at the Marriott easy entry?  As a woman of a certain age, drops, large waves and such are problematic for me. It looks lovely, however, thanks for the recommendation.

1 hour ago, Surrealistic said:

Port Royal, is the water at the Marriott easy entry?  As a woman of a certain age, drops, large waves and such are problematic for me. It looks lovely, however, thanks for the recommendation.

Access is easy.  
With regard to waves, one will be pleased to note there is an artificial reef built about 100 yards offshore, being an efficient breakwater, calming the sea.  

But when the seas are rough (storms etc) the waves will be high, then again this would be expected.

The people are nice and appreciate guests being there.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 5:09 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

Access is easy.  
With regard to waves, one will be pleased to note there is an artificial reef built about 100 yards offshore, being an efficient breakwater, calming the sea.  

But when the seas are rough (storms etc) the waves will be high, then again this would be expected.

The people are nice and appreciate guests being there.

That is one of the reasons I liked Carambola.   Easy entry and sea bed was flat and hard. No sinking in when trying to get out.

• Like 1

FYI on the Marriott.  We choose that option on a Tuesday 4-26-22 and the place was beautiful.  Great beach chairs and umbrellas and beautiful pool but if you want to swim in the ocean it was not possible last week. The seaweed was nicer a foot deep and they were trying to clear it with a track hoe.  We spent the morning on the beach and they barely made a dent.  Spent the afternoon at the pool.   

in looking at the beach without the moss I am not sure I would call it easy in.    It has been a few years but I would say Cockeshell was easier to get I. The water.   

Edited by volk904
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 9:56 PM, volk904 said:

FYI on the Marriott.  We choose that option on a Tuesday 4-26-22 and the place was beautiful.  Great beach chairs and umbrellas and beautiful pool but if you want to swim in the ocean it was not possible last week. The seaweed was nicer a foot deep and they were trying to clear it with a track hoe.  We spent the morning on the beach and they barely made a dent.  Spent the afternoon at the pool.   

in looking at the beach without the moss I am not sure I would call it easy in.    It has been a few years but I would say Cockeshell was easier to get I. The water.   

How much did you pay for a day pass at the Marriott?  

I can't answer about cockleshell since we have never been.  We have been to St. Kitts twice and went to Carambola each time.  We went on our own so we could stay for as long as we wanted.  It wasn't far from the port. We took taxi on our own and he came back and picked us up.  It cost $30 for 2 chairs and an umbrella.  We also walked down to shipwreck beach bar.  It was really nice and relaxing day. image.thumb.jpeg.b851a4c26016e218a8e826309c103fd1.jpeg

• Like 3