Meraviglia approved for test cruise

paulh84

14 hours ago, neptuno said:

Ok, back on topic.  Meraviglia approved for test cruise.  Do we know what that means?  From what has been posted, no vax requirement, but full CSO compliance?  Will private insurance be required?  And what if one tests positive... put off ship?

Heard from our friends who were due back onboard in early July, they have been told that July and August cruises will be cancelled and their new boarding date is likely to be early September with cruises starting mid month ... 😱

Edited by sidari

Thanks for the update.  Will that be the beginning of the "test cruise" period?  I read we will know more on June 16th when MSC publishes its new schedule.  Still have questions about the details...

35 minutes ago, neptuno said:

Thanks for the update.  Will that be the beginning of the "test cruise" period?  I read we will know more on June 16th when MSC publishes its new schedule.  Still have questions about the details...

I would guess that the test period could be July and August though I have not seen any test period length from the CDC.

6 hours ago, sidari said:

Heard from our friends who were due back onboard in early July, they have been told that July and August cruises will be cancelled and their new boarding date is likely to be early September with cruises starting mid month ... 😱

Isn't Mera supposed to do shorter cruises during July and August?

On 6/12/2021 at 1:47 PM, phissy said:

It is becoming increasingly clear that those of us with medical backgrounds and training have an understanding of Covid that does not match what general public has gleaned from news and social media.

With Delta variant increasing in US, public should continue with getting  vaccinated, wearing masks and avoiding “super spreader” situations without masks.

Just my 2 cents…

if you have medical background you should know better that wearing a regular mask is absolutely useless against airborne viruses , its making it worst touching your face all the time and removing it wrong way. 

On 6/8/2021 at 9:58 AM, Bobsgonecoastal said:

I’m with you Geobugs.  We’ll be switching our booked Celebrity and Princess cruises to MSC and possibly RCL as we have no intention of getting jabbed in the near future, and don’t mind testing.  I believe being tested is something all passengers should be required to do regardless of vaccination status.  Statistics show some vaccinated people becoming infected due to faulty immune systems,

so universal testing makes sense.

my friend got negative test with 39 fever and lost of smell and taste , my other friends daughter got positive test without any symptoms ,she got retested 3 times same day all negative but they could not flight anyway. All this testing is no accurate at all 

9 hours ago, sidari said:

I hope you are correct. I have called MSC and TA called. We have two cruises, one current 4-day out of Miami (Aug 2) that could be just a change of ship. THat is what I am hoping they do. Other is 7-day on Aug 7, I cannot do that one if they change to September but have a 6-day out of Abu Dahbi that would be great to apply and get 200 OBC.

Both time MSC was called they said check emails and they are not being told anything about just changing ships for Aug 2.

It is becoming increasingly clear that those of us with medical backgrounds and training have an understanding of Covid that does not match what general public has gleaned from news and social media.

With Delta variant increasing in US, public should continue with getting  vaccinated, wearing masks and avoiding “super spreader” situations without masks.

Just my 2 cents…

Phissy ... Report in yesterday's news media that 12 out of 42 recent deaths in the UK were those who had both jabs.

11 hours ago, jules815 said:

Correcting myself...

Just checked out their website, 3-4 night cruises beginning in August??

Jules ... That was my understanding also and until MSC come forward with their plans we are all still in the dark so to speak.

4 minutes ago, lakelorain said:

I have my doubts about the accuracy of that article since they show all ships sailing at 100%, which we know is not happening. 

The article did not state they are sailing at 100% capacity.  It merely stated the tech spec of what the 100% capacity is.  We know their plans include vacant cabins for isolation contingencies. 

dennis

• Like 1

1 minute ago, logan25 said:

A query of the MSC USA website show the earliest bookable Meraviglia sailing on September 18 and Divina on September 16.  No August sailings. Glitch??

The new August / early September cruises on Meraviglia will go live on June 16th.

dennis

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

The article did not state they are sailing at 100% capacity.  It merely stated the tech spec of what the 100% capacity is.  We know their plans include vacant cabins for isolation contingencies. 

dennis

Sorry if I misinterpreted it.  I always question articles in Cruise Industry News since they have a history of publishing incorrect sailing dates.  

8 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

The new August / early September cruises on Meraviglia will go live on June 16th.

dennis

I'm interested in how you know this information. We're waiting to see what happens with two European cruise later this summer and we'd love to know what's up. Our TA also mentioned the 16th so I'm assuming MSC plans to make some sort of announcement.

15 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I'm interested in how you know this information. We're waiting to see what happens with two European cruise later this summer and we'd love to know what's up. Our TA also mentioned the 16th so I'm assuming MSC plans to make some sort of announcement.

Wondering if that will also be the day their "Travel Requirements and Protocol" link on their website for Caribbean and the Bahamas will finally be working. It's been Coming Soon... for a while now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Wondering if that will also be the day their "Travel Requirements and Protocol" link on their website for Caribbean and the Bahamas will finally be working. It's been Coming Soon... for a while now.

I'm just hoping we get an update to this, which has been on our booking for some weeks now.

image.thumb.png.c4b3a9750eca7ab1bdb2de3aeed6ca03.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Até said:

Thanks, Até. We're only interested in news on the European sailings, so this press release doesn't apply to us. But thanks for providing that link, I'm sure MSC's passengers will be excited to sign up for their first US sailings since early last year!  😃

On 6/10/2021 at 9:03 PM, Geobugs said:

Fully vaccinated cruise ship, Celebrity Millennium, two passengers tested positive for Covid.  All guests were required to show vaccination proof and a negative Covid-19 test within 72 hours before from St. Maarten Saturday.  Can we just let it go now?  Vaccinations don't work.  Let people cruise. 

Geobugs, Can’t recall the medical journal that stated there are approximately ten million people in the US who have compromised immune systems many of whom have gotten the vaccine.  The Vax uses your healthy immune system to work, and for these folks it simply won’t help.  We would assume some of the people will be on cruises thinking they’re invincible, but really having no additional protection.

this is why I believe universal testing is a must, and to not test guests because they have a vaccine that has already proven it doesn’t always work is foolish.

I’m more than willing to test, wear a mask when asked and abide by the rules laid out.  What I’m not willing to do is be compelled or intimidated into taking an experimental gene therapy before it has been tested in the usual manner and time frame.

Edited by Bobsgonecoastal
  • Like 1