Indy redeployment to Odyssey...question

So I called right on Friday and spoke to a great agent of the phone who reassured me that we would have no issue getting placed on Odyssey b/c I was nervous b/c we were in a cabin cat that isn't available on Odyssey....well fast forward everyone in the FB group has been assigned their new rooms on Odyssey and we haven't.  We are a family of 5 with three minor children so we have to be together or in two cabins next to one another or across from one another.  Well I just checked my acct on royal's site and it looks like we were placed on teh Indy out of Tx for the same week.  Well I didn't consent to that and nor do I have any wish to sail out of Tx.  I have been on hold for over 2 hours....did this happen to anyone else?????? 

• Like 1

There’s a preexisting thread about that. I recommend checking it out. 

Long story short, Royal Caribbean is slowly but surely moving people over this week. 

Give it til Friday and it should update. 

Yes I just got off phone they reassured me that I will be changed. But yes it shows Texas. I have 2 cabins also.  The Odyssey shows very little available actually inside and ov sold out. That was concerning me. She reassured me the cabins are blocked???   But it is done manually she said. That’s why taking so long 

Hang in there a bit longer. I just talked to Royal because we have not received an  invoice or a cabin assignment, while others on our FB Roll call have their cabin numbers. The agent told me it could take 10 days, so I will have to be patient. We had a JS on Indy and I would love to be moved to a JS on Odyssey, have you seen the prices they are charging for JS, incredible!

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

Hang in there a bit longer. I just talked to Royal because we have not received an  invoice or a cabin assignment, while others on our FB Roll call have their cabin numbers. The agent told me it could take 10 days, so I will have to be patient. We had a JS on Indy and I would love to be moved to a JS on Odyssey, have you seen the prices they are charging for JS, incredible!

I was told by the agent on Friday it would all be done by Tuesday! We were in a Promenade Spacious room...we literally just booked it last week!  Just by looking it doesn't appear that any rooms on Odyssey fit 5 other than the GS 2 bedroom and the loft suite.  Anthem has a bunch of Family JS ( we have one booked later in the year).  I just had a friend who tried to l&S to Odyssey from Explorer in an Ultra Spacious OV and they wouldn't allow it b/c  there is no cabin cat on Odyssey but the agent I spoke to said that it is a redeployment  so it is different than a L&S so we would most likely get two cabins.  I have to be patient but it makes me nervous! 

• Like 1

Issues here as well.  3 insides in a row with 2 of them connecting due to minor children.  Assigned 3 cabins but none adjacent and one at the other end of the ship.  Supervisor and Revenue working on it now, they said it will be done by the end of the day....we shall see

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Issues here as well.  3 insides in a row with 2 of them connecting due to minor children.  Assigned 3 cabins but none adjacent and one at the other end of the ship.  Supervisor and Revenue working on it now, they said it will be done by the end of the day....we shall see

Thanks!! I am staying on hold until I speak to someone and I want my cabin numbers ugh this stresses me out!! We have  4 on one reservation number and 1 on another reservation number!

1 minute ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

Thanks!! I am staying on hold until I speak to someone and I want my cabin numbers ugh this stresses me out!! We have  4 on one reservation number and 1 on another reservation number!

You may have to leave it with them.  

I got emails this morning saying our drink and Internet packages for Indy had been refunded.  They were purchased during a sale and the current prices are much higher to rebook.  I called and was pretty much told "tough luck, wait for another sale".  We had onboard shareholder credits that also didn't transfer, so we have to reapply for those.

We were booked on a back to back and when they moved our cabins to the new ship we had different cabins for the two cruises.  They did this on three reservations.  I spent an hour on the phone getting that straight.

Things aren't as seamless as they should be.

• Like 1

Similar problem here.  We are in a VP on 7-25 (our 7-17 is a regular balcony so should be no issue).  Since there are no VP's on OY interested to see what category they assign us.  I suspect it would be a GS as that is the lowest full suite category.  I am not overly fond of the Quantum class GS rooms but given the circumstances, I will live with it.  Hate this waiting !!

BTW, our rez is still showing Indy out of MIA.

Edited by RFerrington

Just now, RFerrington said:

Similar problem here.  We are in a VP on 7-25 (our 7-17 is a regular balcony so should be no issue).  Since there are no VP's on OY interested to see what category they assign us.  I suspect it would be a GS as that is the lowest full suite category.  I am not overly fond of the Quantum class GS rooms but given the circumstances, I will live with it.  Hate this waiting !!

When they moved us from AD to JW we went from a VP to a GS...they are equivalent according to revenue

26 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I'm in a JS on Odyssey, just like I had been on Indy--same sailing as yours.  My new cabin number showed up in my Cruise Planner last night. My TA went in early this morning and moved our cabin to a different location, same category and updated the dining because it looks like they just did new dining times all willy nilly and not the same as the booking on Indy.  My new invoice hasn't come through yet, but I do see my updated cabin number in my cruise planner and in the app.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MPaugh said:

I got emails this morning saying our drink and Internet packages for Indy had been refunded.  They were purchased during a sale and the current prices are much higher to rebook.  I called and was pretty much told "tough luck, wait for another sale".  We had onboard shareholder credits that also didn't transfer, so we have to reapply for those.

We were booked on a back to back and when they moved our cabins to the new ship we had different cabins for the two cruises.  They did this on three reservations.  I spent an hour on the phone getting that straight.

Things aren't as seamless as they should be.

The cruise planner thing is so frustrating since another sale may not hit before we leave (July 3rd sailing). The price of our Coco Beach club passes is literally 490% higher than what we paid.  We got them on Black Friday for $38.99 and the new 'sale' price is $188.99 and that says '10% off onboard pricing.  All the other things are at least 80% higher and most are 100% higher, so double.  We won't be booking all the things we had booked for Indy, that's for sure.  

We should also be switched to the Odyssey on the 3rd. Our family has 5 cabins. None of us have received new cabin assignments yet. We asked our TA to call today and make sure we are still together.

On 6/7/2021 at 10:12 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Did they fix it?? Hope so! I am still on Indy inTx....hoepfully will see the move to Odyssey soon!

24 minutes ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

Did they fix it?? Hope so! I am still on Indy inTx....hoepfully will see the move to Odyssey soon!

Not yet.  That phone call back by the end of the day never happened, now it looks like its not happening for the end of the second day and now all the Odyssey sailings are closed

59 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not yet.  That phone call back by the end of the day never happened, now it looks like its not happening for the end of the second day and now all the Odyssey sailings are closed

I was texting Royal and they informed that they are closed b/c they want to make sure they can move everyone that was on Indy! It stresses me out b/c I haven't been moved yet either....deadline is 6.18 so I could potentially have a long way...they said the other people I spoke to were wrong who quoted me 6/8.

On 6/7/2021 at 10:07 AM, sandebeach said:

That is what we have as well. We had 1106 and was really looking forward to that location. Oh well.  

• Like 1