Farewell to Tropicante. šŸ˜ž

elektrawmn

6 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Sure that's not in Mexican $?

Ā 

And didn't realize Tropicante was back in business.Ā  Will have to check out FB.

Ā 

5 hours ago, coaster said:

Think is it US $'s as the beer is listed at $3.Ā  I just contacted them via FB at the link above. Never sawĀ a website.

My first thought was Mexican too but that would be a real bargain!
Ā 

I dont have access to the old menu presently and donā€™t remember ceviche but that sounds like it could be aĀ sharing plate. Was it a printed menu or did it have handwritten prices?

Ā 

Have we discovered a location for it yet? FB page posted certainly looks like original location which would suggest Krazy Lobster hadnā€™t moved there.

Edited by c-leg5

37 minutes ago, coaster said:

Menu they sent

Ā 

Ā 

215962611_642882003780568_1134155856962443743_n.jpg

215256533_851145069143273_4990679878861608349_n.jpg

Thanks for posting. Ā 
Ā 

Canā€™t really explain as other prices seem quite normal and I donā€™t often buy ceviche.Ā I think it must be a sharing platter but I guess you could ask.

On 10/29/2021 at 5:43 PM, c-leg5 said:

Ā 

Have we discovered a location for it yet? FB page posted certainly looks like original location which would suggest Krazy Lobster hadnā€™t moved there.

I reached out last night, and they got back to me right away and confirmed it's the same location as before, and still no charge for chairs or reservation.Ā  They also sent along that menu that's posted above.Ā  Ā I think I'm going to give them a try on 12/28/21 when I'm there, so I'll report back.Ā  (I won't be able to solve the ceviche question, because that's not really my thing.)

2 hours ago, Domergirl said:

I reached out last night, and they got back to me right away and confirmed it's the same location as before, and still no charge for chairs or reservation.Ā  They also sent along that menu that's posted above.Ā  Ā I think I'm going to give them a try on 12/28/21 when I'm there, so I'll report back.Ā  (I won't be able to solve the ceviche question, because that's not really my thing.)

Ā 

Thanks look forward to update!
Ā 

Ceviche not really my thing either - OK in small amounts!

Just back from Costa Maya. No tram, but Serenade was only ship in port. $4 pp for the 2 of us to taxi and you don't have to walk outside the port gate anymore as mentioned above.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 2

Headed to there on Dec 29 and so thankful for the menu! Caroline has been great to work with and so responsive to all my questions.Ā  I have 3 teenage boys going who want to do some activities. Do any places offer things like kayak rental, jet skis, banana boat after reopening? All the info I've found is old so I don't want them to get their hopes up if they aren't there anymore.Ā 

On 11/9/2021 at 6:18 AM, coaster said:

Just back from Costa Maya. No tram, but Serenade was only ship in port. $4 pp for the 2 of us to taxi and you don't have to walk outside the port gate anymore as mentioned above.

Ā 

If Carolina can't help you or doesn't have access to kayaks or SUPs, just walk down the malecon to Dr Dive at Yaya Beach and rent them there.Ā  I've never seen banana boats in Mahahual.Ā  And I wouldn't trust jet skis inside the breakwater.Ā  Too many people.Ā 

Ā 

If you're in Cozumel as well,Ā  Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach or Playa Mia would satify your teens water sports jones.

We were just at Tropicante on Wednesday.Ā  This time I even had a table massage and the girl was wonderful.Ā  We had a great time and as far as I can tell nothing has changed.Ā  Ā  The only thing that annoyed my wife was the constant stream of vendors engaging you.Ā  She did say yes to some pineapple though.

Ā 

They are very responsive to Facebook requests.Ā  Asked for a menu and then asked for a reservation the day before.Ā Ā 

22 hours ago, chrpai said:

We were just at Tropicante on Wednesday.Ā  This time I even had a table massage and the girl was wonderful.Ā  We had a great time and as far as I can tell nothing has changed.Ā  Ā  The only thing that annoyed my wife was the constant stream of vendors engaging you.Ā  She did say yes to some pineapple though.

Ā 

They are very responsive to Facebook requests.Ā  Asked for a menu and then asked for a reservation the day before.Ā Ā 

So glad to hear it's about the same.Ā  What was the beach like?Ā  Was there much seaweed?Ā  I'll be there on 12/28...just sent in a reservation request on Facebook.Ā  Hoping the beach is nice.Ā  It's been years since I've been to Costa Maya!

• 3 weeks later...

We had gone to Tropicante when Steve was running it and had a great time.Ā  How is the beach now?Ā  See from photos online that many places have hardly and beach in front of the lounges.Ā Ā 

Was by Tropicante last week.Ā  appears places next door, notably El Faro, are squeezing Carolina's beach space.Ā  Ā You have to look for the white facade and it's almost hidden by the portico over teh front.

Ā 

And Carolina said the high prices for ceviche are because it's huge and feeds 5-6 people and all fresh daily catch.

We've been to Tropicante several times (with Steve running) and also went in late July 2021 under Carolina's management.Ā  Same great location and service.Ā  Menu is reduced (I loved the Iguana Eggs), but that is understandable with the slower business.Ā  There were more locals around when we were there, but were the first ship to allow passengers out of the port.Ā  FB message option goes to WhatsApp and they have always been very resposive to any questions I had.Ā  Will be back there in a couple of weeks and plan on returning.