Mini bottles of liquor and buckets of beer

Therese S.

Does anyone who has an upcoming cruise able to see in your cruise personalizer the selection of the small plastic 375oz bottles of liquor or beers for purchase prior to sailing?  All I see are sparkling, white and red wine.   It took a while but I can finally see where I can purchase bottled water and 6 packs of soda, so hoping Princess still allows purchasing small bottles of liquor prior to boarding.  

I haven't seen Spirits or Beer on the Princess Cellars page for quite a while and this was also noted in other threads here.  I've looked as both a booked guest or as a gift - no show. 

Where did you find the bottled water and soda?

5 hours ago, Papa Yoda said:

I haven't seen Spirits or Beer on the Princess Cellars page for quite a while and this was also noted in other threads here.  I've looked as both a booked guest or as a gift - no show. 

This worked the last time I checked, but not just now. The link mentions the word spirits but I could not find anything other than wine.

Liquor: https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

Look under Princess Cellars, go down to Spirits.

If someone has found a way to order scotch et al please post it!

Doug

7 hours ago, Papa Yoda said:

Under Beverage Packages I see Bottled Water Package - $7.08 for 12 (500 ml) bottles of water.   Canned Soda Package 6 cans for $11.80 of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale.  

They just showed up in my cruise personalizer 4 or 5 days ago.  IM hoping things are still being added and eventually liquor will magically appear.

11 hours ago, BigWaveDave87 said:

After the  "Red Wine"  you should see Spirts. This is seen on the Princess Cellars of the Onboard Services.

Happy Trails  🥃

Not showing yet, but fingers crossed spirits will appear soon

1 hour ago, Therese S. said:

Not showing yet, but fingers crossed spirits will appear soon

I hope so. A bottle in our cabin is really the only drinking we do onboard. We never go to the bars for a variety of reasons, one main one is we enjoy pre-dinner drinks on our balcony. For us, morning coffee and evening drinks on the balcony is THE cruise experience! If Princess stops offering alcohol for cabin delivery, even at their very high prices, I might be forced to do what I did many years ago; and I'd rather not do that; too much hassle!😳

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Peckishpixie said:

The same choices as there have always been are in your personalizer. The water, soda, beer and coffee are under beverages, wine and hard liquor are in the cellar section. The liquor is usually at the bottom of the page. 

I just now looked and I don't see the liquor options anywhere on the Princess site. I know where they have traditionally been located but they don't show there. I looked around the site for some other location but failed to find the in-cabin liquor selections anywhere. Perhaps they will still show up in the room service options but, at this time, I don't seem them available.

They are on your personalizer. Log on to your account on princess.com. Mid way in the page is "onboard services." Personalizer is not one of the things they are working on, so there shouldn't be any glitches there. If you are still having a hard time I recommend chatting with Princess or chatting with your Travel Advisor. 

beverages snip.PNG

26 minutes ago, Peckishpixie said:

They are on your personalizer. Log on to your account on princess.com. Mid way in the page is "onboard services." Personalizer is not one of the things they are working on, so there shouldn't be any glitches there. If you are still having a hard time I recommend chatting with Princess or chatting with your Travel Advisor. 

beverages snip.PNG

Yes, I know where they are supposed to be. I'm telling you that none of my booked cruises show the liquor. The listing ends after the wine. It's good that it's there for some folks but, for others such as myself, the options have disappeared. Typical Princess inconsistency.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Yes, I know where they are supposed to be. I'm telling you that none of my booked cruises show the liquor. The listing ends after the wine. It's good that it's there for some folks but, for others such as myself, the options have disappeared. Typical Princess inconsistency.

You should contact Princess then because it is not a known error and not a part of the experience they are migrating. If your account has a glitch Princess is unaware of it and therfore can not fix it for you. Or you can continue to complain on a board that Princess doesn't monitor and not get your problem taken care of. Your call

4 minutes ago, Peckishpixie said:

You should contact Princess then because it is not a known error and not a part of the experience they are migrating. If your account has a glitch Princess is unaware of it and therfore can not fix it for you. Or you can continue to complain on a board that Princess doesn't monitor and not get your problem taken care of. Your call

Snark much? It's not a problem for me. I never buy their overpriced little bottles of liquor. I was just agreeing with another poster who said the option was gone. I checked to see if it was there for me and, like the other poster, the option is no longer showing. I was merely checking to be helpful. It's great that you are so totally tuned in to exactly what the Princess IT staff is doing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Snark much? It's not a problem for me. I never buy their overpriced little bottles of liquor. I was just agreeing with another poster who said the option was gone. I checked to see if it was there for me and, like the other poster, the option is no longer showing. I was merely checking to be helpful. It's great that you are so totally tuned in to exactly what the Princess IT staff is doing.

I am a travel agent and my roommate is online tech support for Princess Cruise Line Seattle. It is not a known issue and shouldn't be affected by what they are migrating. If it's happening to a limited amount of accounts it is a problem with those accounts or more likely with browser permissions or laoding speed. IT can help. You seem really excited to blame Princess but since they don't know what is broken they can't fix it. 

No one from Princess monitors these boards. I did try to open a ticket about it but since no one who's account I have access to (tried all my family and all my Princess clients with current bookings) is experiencing the problem there is no problem to report. Someone who is having the problem just needs to log on and report the problem and Princess would be happy to help. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I hope so. A bottle in our cabin is really the only drinking we do onboard. We never go to the bars for a variety of reasons, one main one is we enjoy pre-dinner drinks on our balcony. For us, morning coffee and evening drinks on the balcony is THE cruise experience! If Princess stops offering alcohol for cabin delivery, even at their very high prices, I might be forced to do what I did many years ago; and I'd rather not do that; too much hassle!😳

I am wondering what are you variety of reasons for not going to bars.  Inquiring minds want to know

No need for snark on either side!

We know the APP has been iffy...

I have sometimes seen issues with web-sites (data windows in specific) when using certain browsers.  So, maybe that???

We know that there are cruisers who are cruising under different options from different countries.

I guess, other than that there isn't much of a guess about what the problem might be?

So, if it persists, at some point, yes I would contact Princess.

The 1/2 sized bottles of liquor do show without any problem for me, online.

We would consider these if we wanted some in our cabin for our own drinks.

Nothing to be snarky about there, either.  Princess doesn't allow guests to bring any onboard, so that is the  option.

Anyhow, I believe I went thru the Princess Cellars, and yes it was there.

I prefer Scotch. The Scotch offered for in-cabin purchase (Cutty Sark or Johnny Walker Red) is only suitable for mixing - not for drinking neat. With Princess Plus (before that we would get the beverage package as a perk) it's easy to get a quality double Scotch neat and simply take it to the cabin for later. In that manner I can have decent Scotch available in the cabin when getting dressed for the evening or when sitting out on the balcony. Heck, I used to pick up a small bottle or two of Champagne to take back to the cabin unopened. It's great to have on hand for a morning Mimosa and I've even taken them to the disembarkation lounge. There's usually OJ available there and it's nice to sit and have a Mimosa while waiting for disembarkation time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, memoak said:

I am wondering what are you variety of reasons for not going to bars.  Inquiring minds want to know

Oh, a couple reasons are: Bars are usually too noisy, not very scenic, have to wait for a luke-warm martini. All of which are easily rectified in our cabin!😎

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

No need for snark on either side!

We know the APP has been iffy...

I have sometimes seen issues with web-sites (data windows in specific) when using certain browsers.  So, maybe that???

We know that there are cruisers who are cruising under different options from different countries.

I guess, other than that there isn't much of a guess about what the problem might be?

So, if it persists, at some point, yes I would contact Princess.

The 1/2 sized bottles of liquor do show without any problem for me, online.

We would consider these if we wanted some in our cabin for our own drinks.

Nothing to be snarky about there, either.  Princess doesn't allow guests to bring any onboard, so that is the  option.

Anyhow, I believe I went thru the Princess Cellars, and yes it was there.

I used two different browsers and then tried on my cell phone and it also didn't show up for me.

17 hours ago, Thrak said:

.... I was just agreeing with another poster who said the option was gone. I checked to see if it was there for me and, like the other poster, the option is no longer showing. ....

Also missing for my February and October 2022 cruises. I think perhaps the spirits section may not show up until closer to the sailing date? But that does seem a bit odd since the wine listing is there for both. But I'm not going to fret about it until this fall.....more important things.....like "will we actually be cruising?"😉

Doug

PS - The above was checked on my PC, not with my phone app.

Edited by PaperSniper4
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

I prefer Scotch. The Scotch offered for in-cabin purchase (Cutty Sark or Johnny Walker Red) is only suitable for mixing - not for drinking neat. With Princess Plus (before that we would get the beverage package as a perk) it's easy to get a quality double Scotch neat and simply take it to the cabin for later. In that manner I can have decent Scotch available in the cabin when getting dressed for the evening or when sitting out on the balcony.........

I think you and I have discussed scotch before on the Princess forum here! I totally agree on your rating of Cutty Sark and JWR. Yuck! And I do the same when we have the Princess beverage package; pick something good up at a bar during the day, take back to the cabin, pour into a RumRunner for later. I've even done that when I get thirsty for a martini! I do have to ask the barkeep to make it shaken without ice and poured into an Old Fashioned glass. I brinkg a small SS shaker and a supply of queen olives when we board. Anyway, on our February 2022 cruise we did not get the beverage package, so I will be going the JWR route for convenience. However, a week before the cruise I get a small bottle of that stuff to "get accustomed to it" at home. Again, Yuck. 😝But I am too lazy to smuggle anything onboard, nor to go to the bar to get my drinks. Sometimes convenience wins over my taste buds. My wife drinks only wine so we're all set once my finickiness is satisfied.😎

• Haha 1

Thank you everyone for your responses.  Obviously some can see the spirits section under Princess Cellars and some like myself cannot.  All I see is wine and there is no page two.  Ive tried multiple browsers, my IPad, my Iphone and previously my desktop.  When I return from our RV trip I plan to call Princess and get to the bottom of the problem.  

We prefer making drinks in our cabin and relaxing watching a movie or just the news.  When watching a Movie Under the Stars I fill up my Princess  coffee tumbler purchased years ago with my favorite drink.  We will buy drinks  in the showrooms and sometimes by the pool but don’t hang out in any of the bars.  

• Like 1