New on board app

SarahHben

7 minutes ago, ToxM said:

Bet the muster info is on there as well 

According to the latest update on P&O website, you go to your muster point on embarkation, scan your cruise card and go to your cabin and watch a video on the TV.

Web page updated today.

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

According to the latest update on P&O website, you go to your muster point on embarkation, scan your cruise card and go to your cabin and watch a video on the TV.

Web page updated today.

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail

Guests in England and Wales can download the NHS app

No they cant as we don't have one in Wales yet

This all sounds very sensible and well thought out. 

No self serve launderettes (as I expected) it will be interested to see how the booking process for activities and entertainment goes. 

I am waiting for the “why do i have to have a smartphone” brigade to come out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, ToxM said:

No self serve launderettes (as I expected) it will be interested to see how the booking process for activities and entertainment goes. 

I haven't got a smart phone but the good news is I do possess a tablet which will work 

just fine and will be looking forward to using the App:classic_smile: 

Which now leaves us with the " why do I have to walk to the venues ,to book " brigade 

to come out .:classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

I have just seen this advertised on Twitter and then found it on P&O website.

My Holiday | P&O Cruises (pocruises.com)

I know some wont like it, but P&O finally have an app coming.

I think this is an excellent idea and will make life easier. Just need a cruise to go on now as nothing booked for this year or next!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ToxM said:

Where have you seen the self serve launderettes will not be available?

48 minutes ago, kalos said:

I haven't got a smart phone but the good news is I do possess a tablet which will work 

just fine and will be looking forward to using the App:classic_smile: 

Which now leaves us with the " why do I have to walk to the venues ,to book " brigade 

to come out .:classic_unsure:

P&O have an answer for that 

If you are unable to use the My Holiday app, then once you are on board you can call our holiday experience number from your cabin or drop by at one of the My Holiday pop-up desks that can be found in multiple locations around the ship. If you have any queries or need assistance during your holiday, our Reception team is available 24 hours a day. You’ll also find useful information in your daily Horizon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ToxM said:

Looks like I'll have to go commando before then end of the cruise then....

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, kevcharben said:

About time they come into the tech world.

I assume this will be available across the fleetnot just the new ships

Yes, each ship is being upgraded whilst being prepared to return to service. Essentially it’s all built on the same platform as the Princess Ocean Medallion.

Both the app and the Ocean tracker remove the need for physical crew-passenger interactions. The ability to look at a menu electronically removes the opportunity for menus to be handled by multiple passengers.

You need to be connected to the ship wifi but if you don’t purchase an internet package you’ll only have access to the onboard features. So those who don’t want calls & texts & emails can still enjoy that choice.

That said there is a digital excluded option for every interaction so those who don’t want to or can not use the app don’t have to.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

We used something similar on Celebrity Edge and though I was a bit cynical it worked really well and it was so useful to cancel reservations and change them using their app.

Good news all round.

So excited for all cruise lines at the minute to be honest and just pleased to hear good news about good ideas like this.

🙂

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Yes, each ship is being upgraded whilst being prepared to return to service. Essentially it’s all built on the same platform as the Princess Ocean Medallion.

Both the app and the Ocean tracker remove the need for physical crew-passenger interactions. The ability to look at a menu electronically removes the opportunity for menus to be handled by multiple passengers.

You need to be connected to the ship wifi but if you don’t purchase an internet package you’ll only have access to the onboard features. So those who don’t want calls & texts & emails can still enjoy that choice.

That said there is a digital excluded option for every interaction so those who don’t want to or can not use the app don’t have to.

A positive step from P&O in my opinion, and personally looking forward to trying it out in 38 days..  Hopefully the crew on board have/are/will be testing this prior to passengers embarking.

I note the menus are not listed as being available yet on the FAQ.  I assume this is a work in progress and additional pages will be added to the website used in time?

• Like 3

Well, the fact that it is built on the Princess Ocean Medallion platform will hopefully mean that this is a bit of P&O IT that will actually work well for a change!

As a confirmed Luddite, I will just have to hope that Covid has moved on sufficiently by late next Summer (when I hope to be aboard Aurora) so that paper/card menus are freely available in the restaurants and bars etc.

This is only a personal point of view. I fully recognise the sense in it and hope it makes life easier for those of you happy to carry your phones around whilst on board.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Well, the fact that it is built on the Princess Ocean Medallion platform will hopefully mean that this is a bit of P&O IT that will actually work well for a change!

As a confirmed Luddite, I will just have to hope that Covid has moved on sufficiently by late next Summer (when I hope to be aboard Aurora) so that paper/card menus are freely available in the restaurants and bars etc.

This is only a personal point of view. I fully recognise the sense in it and hope it makes life easier for those of you happy to carry your phones around whilst on board.

Once upon a time I looked forward to not having a phone whilst on holiday.  Then that phone became my camera, so being able to be in airplane mode and just connect to the ship is like having a multi function camera.  

im hoping others view it the same way and I won’t have people chatting on their phones whilst I’m trying to listen to the pianist in the Crows Next.  

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Yes, crew are testing plus there is a staff simulation to test the new systems before passengers board.

Cheap tablets for sale on the ship that are preconfigured apart from logging in would be a huge hit I am guessing…..