Michael Bayley Clarifies Vaccine Policy

1 hour ago, Thenagers said:

The whole ship had to skip a stop in Malta. They weren’t traveling together so 2 groups were quarantined. I don’t think they have to quarantine the whole ship unless more people test positive. 

Malta refused the ship due to only 2 cases !?

4 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Malta refused the ship due to only 2 cases !?

Correct, and 6 people were removed from the ship. 2 that tested positive plus the other member if each party along with 2 additional close contacts that did not test positive.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

Correct, and 6 people were removed from the ship. 2 that tested positive plus the other member if each party along with 2 additional close contacts that did not test positive.

Same risk will be in several islands in the Caribbean. I remember reading not long ago st. maarten, Barbados, Aruba and Curacao would not let any pax vaccinated or not disembark if there are any positives on board.

33 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

What a nightmare for those people.  Biggest fear of all of us.  We obviously can see that by the comments on the boards.  You cant be guaranteed to be safe as an "innocent" bystander.  GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION!!

These ships that are not fully or close to fully vaccinated will have some very interesting headlines for us all to chew over VERY SOON!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

What a nightmare for those people.  Biggest fear of all of us.  We obviously can see that by the comments on the boards.  You cant be guaranteed to be safe as an "innocent" bystander.  GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION!!

These ships that are not fully or close to fully vaccinated will have some very interesting headlines for us all to chew over VERY SOON!!

Yep, be careful how close and for how long you sit next to someone. The tracelet and the cruise line will know.

1 hour ago, ArthurUSCG said:

Isn't that fairly normal though? If you test positive then your "bubbble" has to self isolate?

Edited by PolytheneGirl

37 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Not really a nightmare, more of an inconvenience. The affected passengers were let off yesterday in Syracuse, Sicily, while the cruise ends tomorrow in Rome. Yes they miss 2 days but at least they are in Italy and MSC took them home. Malta did not let anyone off the ship when it made a technical stop there which is just a slight inconvenience to the rest of the passengers. The news story mentioned Tuesday was the first day Malta experienced no new Covid cases in 11 months, so it's no wonder they did not let anyone off the ship. 

I'm pretty sure we will see more news stories about ships not being able to dock or let passengers off when Caribbean and other sailings get going this summer. Oh well, as the old saying goes; "you pays your money and you takes your chances."  

Edited by DirtyDawg

"[For Bahamas cruises], Kids will be required to be tested and subject to health protocols and there will be no additional charges for any testing etc for the kids.      "

This is already outdated since RC said everyone is getting tested.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, PolytheneGirl said:

Is that fairly normal though? If you test positive then your "bubbble" has to self isolate?

Yes. It is the positive passenger, their traveling “group” and any close contacts not in the group.  This will be true at check in for a cruise as well. If you test positive, you and your traveling party and any close contacts (depending on how that is defined) will not be allowed to board. There was an interesting story about one of the cruises in Europe where someone tested positive at the port and there were over a dozen in a van that had traveled with them to the port that were denied boarding as well.  Bad luck. 

Edited by harkinmr

37 minutes ago, PolytheneGirl said:

Isn't that fairly normal though? If you test positive then your "bubbble" has to self isolate?

It sounds like the 2 close contact persons were from people they got to know onboard and not from a pre-existing bubble.

I hate to ask this, but what do they do with people who are not vaxxed, take the pre boarding test, but then refuse on board testing once the sailing has begun?    You know someone will try it. 

4 hours ago, wolfganghowell said:

Yeah, I was hibernating from here for awhile.  Too painful with all the cancelled cruises!!!  We survived 2020.....barely.  Both had covid last September, me mild, Mr Wolf not so much but he's good to go now.  Worked the whole time - most if it remotely, but at least we had jobs and no lost income other than bonuses and the like.  Pretty much back to normal  life here and ready to cruise.  Hope you and yours came through ok as well!

Yes, we are well, other than the DW breaking her foot in Key West in March....  She is not happy not being able to work out.  Unfortunately, we both had to go to work the entire time.  On the upside business was phenomenal.  We never got Covid, but on the downside we didn’t do much either.  Sucked.  We have had a few cruises cancelled, and rescheduled.  Hopefully by the end of the year, we can get back to close to normal.

jc

16 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

I hate to ask this, but what do they do with people who are not vaxxed, take the pre boarding test, but then refuse on board testing once the sailing has begun?    You know someone will try it. 

I don’t know it for a fact because I have not seen a written policy.

I expect they will be confined to their stateroom and disembarked at the first opportunity.

Disembarked to find their own way home at their own expense with no pro-rated refund of their unused cruise fare, I might add.

Edited by Babr
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I wish the stock price would reflect the public’s love of CCL....   Worst stock purchase I have ever made. 😉

I just wish I put more money in when I bought it last april

6 hours ago, lakelorain said:

Every bit of information RC can share with us is great.  Glad to see Oasis mentioned.  Hoping to cruise on her October, 3rd.  

Yes, definitely happy to hear the plan is for Oasis sailings to be fully vaccinated out of Bayonne.    Final payment is made and we are Ready to sail in September on Oasis.   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

🤔 Anthem is Out of Southampton 

Oasis will have 20% kids under 12😉

Yes, but, Anthem will eventually be sailing out of Cape Liberty, as it does every fall/winter, with the same vaccine requirements as Oasis which is cruising from Bayonne this summer. 

Jonathan

16 hours ago, zdad59 said:

Any moron who played that game would be locked in their cabin for the duration of the cruise.  And then maybe thrown off at the next port.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Two passengers tested positive for Covid on Millennium out of St Maarten 

ijust read this article about it.  Passengers who were on a shore excursion with them were isolated and tested and this is the story of one:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/celebrity-millennium-cruise-ship-covid/

I thought it was interesting. Sounds like we’ll handled. 

Edited by BSocial
Added contenr

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

Any moron who played that game would be locked in their cabin for the duration of the cruise.  And then maybe thrown off at the next port.

There have been stories of bad behavior in the past that led to confined to cabin, thrown off at next stop and banned for life...but what a story. "I screwed it the man!"

Great that there is some policy. However this needs to be released now and made 100% formal. A lot of people will not have had two jabs in time for their cruise and need to make other plans. Also a lot of people will be aboit to book hotels and flights for a cruise they cant go on if they are not vac in time. 

Personally i think a fully vac cruise is fine for the current time we live in..once hopefully covid is receding cruises can open up to non vac people

23 hours ago, Biker19 said:

First mention I recall of Oasis being in the mix of first ships to restart.

They did cancel all Oasis cruises through August 30th. I'm on the 9/26 sailing and hopefully will sail.

23 hours ago, jrapps said:

Someone posted this is another now-locked thread (the thread graveyard here is getting out of control)

I think it is obvious from this that Royal wants to sail with as many vaccinated people as possible. If the FL law didn't exist, it would be "everyone who can be vaccinated must be vaccinated" but FL will be FL so we go with the flow.

It is clear from this clarification he posted that the ships sailing with vaccine mandates are reserving the 5% only for kids under 12 that are not yet eligible for vaccines.

In FL, since they "expect" a 90% vaccination rate, coupled with them alluding to the fact that they will charge you thru the nose (pun intended) to be tested if you are unvaccinated, I interpret that as them able to accommodate more children under 12, not as a desire or willingness to allow unvaccinated adults on the ship.

Royal does not want unvaccinated adults on their ship. If they did, there wouldn't be required vaccines on  Adventure from the Bahamas.  Anthem from Southampton,  Jewel from Cyprus, Serenade from Seattle. Ovation from Seattle, Independence from Galveston, Harmony from Barcelona, or Oasis from Bayonne

I will not be sailing out of Florida....too many other ports.  I don't have time for dangerous rhetoric.  I love Florida too....dang.