Reflection 2021?

TheMettins

Booked on her for March of 2021.  Like many, this booking is a result of cancelations, Lift & Shift, FCC's and who knows what else.  Seems like each time we make a change we step up in cabin because "for just a few dollars more we can get ......."  Pretty much reached the limit on upgrades so hope it sails as planned or else we'll be really disappointed.

To your original question, no information, but actively looking for some 😄

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, runningtide said:

Reflection arrived in port Everglades this morning. She still has a transatlantic scheduled in October from Italy to US. Not sure about her US schedule before that.

I'm booked on the Reflection TA in October...fingers crossed that will happen...still so many variables so I haven't started to pack just yet!!!

• Like 1

I've got my eye on the Sep 4 sailing Amsterdam - Civitavecchia. But to be honest, I don't think it will happen anymore. Reflection only has three sailings left on her schedule from Amsterdam and then only four in the Med (including the TA). I don't know how long it takes to go from "skeleton crew" to a "vaccinated, trained and fully operational crew", but since her first scheduled sailing out of Amsterdam is Aug 11, time is running out... I just don't think it's cost-effective to cross the Atlantic twice for only six cruises. Especially since they also have Constellation in the area litterally doing nothing - the first CS sailing is in November in the Caribbean. Therefore, my guess is IF the sailings from Amsterdam and Civitavecchia can continue as planned those will be carried out by Constellation instead of Reflection.

I hope I am wrong, though.... 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Antropos said:

I've got my eye on the Sep 4 sailing Amsterdam - Civitavecchia. But to be honest, I don't think it will happen anymore. Reflection only has three sailings left on her schedule from Amsterdam and then only four in the Med (including the TA). I don't know how long it takes to go from "skeleton crew" to a "vaccinated, trained and fully operational crew", but since her first scheduled sailing out of Amsterdam is Aug 11, time is running out... I just don't think it's cost-effective to cross the Atlantic twice for only six cruises. Especially since they also have Constellation in the area litterally doing nothing - the first CS sailing is in November in the Caribbean. Therefore, my guess is IF the sailings from Amsterdam and Civitavecchia can continue as planned those will be carried out by Constellation instead of Reflection.

I hope I am wrong, though.... 

I wonder how that would work given the size (capacity) difference of the ships. 

Funny you mention that though- my TA has 148 cabins booked for the short Constellation sailing from Tampa 11/7/2021... this morning she confirmed it would be the first sailing from Tampa... no clue her source, possibly her BDM.  

We are also booked on Reflection for the Eastern Med in September. I am also not very positive that it will sail. 

The point of the few sailings left is a good point. Plus they would only create competition for the Apex sailings which they are selling for a premium.

2 hours ago, TheMettins said:

960x0.jpg.c4e956645722f91010ba52c892732882.jpgHaven't seen Reflection mentioned in the bulk emails from Celebrity... any inside information?  Predictions if she will be up and running from US waters in 2021?

No crystal ball but my Magic 8 Ball says. "cannot predict now". 🎱

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We are booked on the Sept 16th cruise and have confidence it will happen.  There's still a lot of time to see thru rest of June, July, and August for a crew staffing, training, and reposition to Mediterranean.  All ships have to eventually start up and the bookings on our cruise are nearly 70%, based on looking at available cabins from performing a fake booking.   Look how far we've come from March to get cruises started.  I'm sure Celebrity is anxious to get ships back into service.

15 minutes ago, JABTPS said:

We are booked on the Sept 16th cruise and have confidence it will happen.  There's still a lot of time to see thru rest of June, July, and August for a crew staffing, training, and reposition to Mediterranean.  All ships have to eventually start up and the bookings on our cruise are nearly 70%, based on looking at available cabins from performing a fake booking.   Look how far we've come from March to get cruises started.  I'm sure Celebrity is anxious to get ships back into service.

We are booked on the same cruise. Just found out that for now independent tours are not possible in Israel… a no go for us. 😢

19 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

We are booked on the same cruise. Just found out that for now independent tours are not possible in Israel… a no go for us. 😢

A lot can change in the course of 3 months.  We are thinking positive and excited.  We had independent tours and also booked ship excursions as backups.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMettins said:

Size/capacity can indeed limit the possibilities. But when doing some mock bookings I see that all different cabin types are still available. And probably a lot of people will cancel in the next few weeks given the uncertainties of which countries will open up. Living in The Netherlands I hear and read it every day on the news: EU countries are divided over when to allow tourists to return and under which conditions. And St Petersburg (the major destination for many who are booked on the August sailings out of Amsterdam) is not even part of the EU, complicating things even further. 

I am on the September 5 Reflection repositioning cruise from Amsterdam to Rome.

As I see it, that ship is still currently in the Caribbean, which is obviously on the wrong side of the ocean.

There are a couple of scenarios I can envision. One is that the ship goes to Europe as scheduled.

another is that the ship goes to Europe but directly to the Mediterranean so all of the reflection’s Northern European cruises are cancelled and are shifted to become Mediterranean cruises.

another is that all Reflection European cruises are simply cancelled and the ship never moves to Europe in 2021

A third is that constellation takes over some of the southern European cruises.  The constellation is currently in the Mediterranean.

Do any of these seem more or less likely to you? Is there another possible scenario I have overlooked?

3 hours ago, TheMettins said:

Funny you mention that though- my TA has 148 cabins booked for the short Constellation sailing from Tampa 11/7/2021... this morning she confirmed it would be the first sailing from Tampa... no clue her source, possibly her BDM.  

Thats good news as im on Connie for the December holiday cruise out of tampa.

8 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I am on the September 5 Reflection repositioning cruise from Amsterdam to Rome.

As I see it, that ship is still currently in the Caribbean, which is obviously on the wrong side of the ocean.

There are a couple of scenarios I can envision. One is that the ship goes to Europe as scheduled.

another is that the ship goes to Europe but directly to the Mediterranean so all of the reflection’s Northern European cruises are cancelled and are shifted to become Mediterranean cruises.

another is that all Reflection European cruises are simply cancelled and the ship never moves to Europe in 2021

A third is that constellation takes over some of the southern European cruises.  The constellation is currently in the Mediterranean.

Do any of these seem more or less likely to you? Is there another possible scenario I have overlooked?

I thiink this sums it up nicely. Only "overlooked" scenario is that CS also takes over the sailing out of Amsterdam. As far as likelyhood goes:

• Cruises to St Petersburg are most likely to get cancelled, simply because I don't see Russia allowing tourists from the EU in time
  • With St Petersburg gone, there is only one sailing left from Amsterdam, so no big chance for that to happen either
  • Getting Reflection over for just four sailings? Too expensive.

So, biggest chance IMHO is that everything gets cancelled, with CS taking over the Med cruises as a viable second scenario. I really hope I am wrong, though, because I'd like to be on that Sep 4 sailing out of Amsterdam myself..

11 hours ago, JABTPS said:

A lot can change in the course of 3 months.  We are thinking positive and excited.  We had independent tours and also booked ship excursions as backups.

Agree! A lot can change in regards of excursions. However, if it’s cruise line tours only we will most likely cancel. I can’t see myself sitting in a big bus following a number with a crowd.

We have been to all the ports before and love them. Most more than once. Which is why we just want to revisit some places we enjoyed most - in a relaxed and individual way. If that is not possible, there’s no reason for us to sail. But that’s just us… 

If one hasn’t been before and doesn’t mind the big group tours it’s another thing.

DW and I just spoke about alternatives as a plan B. Spending time at Lake Garda and Venice, hiking on Madeira or (as a last resort) a cruise with MSC are possibilities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

We have been to all the ports before and love them. Most more than once. Which is why we just want to revisit some places we enjoyed most - in a relaxed and individual way. If that is not possible, there’s no reason for us to sail. But that’s just us… 

😛

We're on the October 10 Rome to Rome going to Israel. We have a private guide who says if we can enter Israel she can guide us. Since X says they have covered any issues with entry, I assume we are good to go.

Edited by Aloha 1

I have a b2b with TA on Reflection in October, but have to make payment this summer.  I will definitely cancel if nothing has been decided, as I have basically the same cruises on Apex for 2022.  I booked these new cruises when they were released because cabin and location is very important to me.  I hate playing games with cruises, so I chose to hedge my bet.  Yes, this is all a conundrum, but at least it is now going in the right direction, at least for now.  I also have an elder dog with a multitude of issues, so cruising life is tenuous for us anyway.  During my last cruise crossing the Atlantic, she had to stay in the animal hospital for many days, thus adding so much stress to our cruise.  I feel like Reflection has a 50/50 chance, but money will play a part for sure.  I hope for those of you who are on it that it goes!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2021 at 12:51 PM, garyl62 said:

Booked on her for March of 2021.  Like many, this booking is a result of cancelations, Lift & Shift, FCC's and who knows what else.  Seems like each time we make a change we step up in cabin because "for just a few dollars more we can get ......."  Pretty much reached the limit on upgrades so hope it sails as planned or else we'll be really disappointed.

To your original question, no information, but actively looking for some 😀

Betcha you mean March, 2022, 

• Like 1