Allure of The Seas!

Hi All!

We are (hopefully) doing a Med Cruise on Allure next summer (June 2022 which will hopefully be our wedding annniversary!). 

We've done Caribbean cruises before - Anthem & Freedom but we've not done The Med or Allure...

Which leads me to the point of this thread! What are your must do recommendations for The Allure? We're in a Junior Suite 😄 

Sit outside and enjoy the free breakfast from Johny Rockets. A nice cocktail at Trellis bar on embarkation day.  Be sure to make all your show reservations as soon as they open.  Try your best to get a reservation for dinner at Coastal Kitchen.  They usually have a decent entertainer in the pub at night. Table at Schooner Bar next to the railing to get a great view of the parade.  Allure is great even though it missed being Amped at last dry dock . 

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Thanks 1

One of my favorite ships!  Have sailed her 13 times. 

Don't miss the ice show or Aqua Theater show

Have lunch at Solarium Bistro on boarding day and avoid the Windjammer crowd

Enjoy some tranquil time in Central Park and give Park Cafe a try

I am very glad Allure has not been amped with the distracting slides - JMHO ☺️

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lovelife said:

And...AND, the still have Sabors AND the Champaign lounge

• Like 2

Central park Trellis Bar at night is awesome. They have live music in Central park at night ( violin, or cello, or acoustic guitar) very peaceful and tranquil.  Our favorite night time spot.  Also a drink or two or three on the rising tide bar. A true moving bar between deck 5 up to 8.   The Oasis class ship is by far our personal favorite. All entertainment from the aqua shows, ice skating shows, live production shows and the Broadway musical are all amazing.

11 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Is Solarium Bistro open for dinner on Allure? It doesn’t show up in the cruise planner.

Yes, in the past you needed a reservation for dinner if you don't want to wait.  No charge but it gets crowded.  And a great heads up from post 4, stay away from Windjammer on embarkation day. CP or the Bistro is far less crowded.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Is Solarium Bistro open for dinner on Allure? It doesn’t show up in the cruise planner.

The Solarium Bistro turns into Samba Grill in the evening - a specialty restaurant with a fee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lovelife said:

The Solarium Bistro turns into Samba Grill in the evening - a specialty restaurant with a fee.

That’s a real bummer. The Solarium Bistro is our favorite place for dinner.

7 minutes ago, orville99 said:

That’s a real bummer. The Solarium Bistro is our favorite place for dinner.

Agree.  We tried the Samba Grill (Brazilian Steakhouse) many years ago and didn't like it at all.  Hopefully they will do away with it when the Allure eventually gets amped.

3 minutes ago, lovelife said:

Agree.  We tried the Samba Grill (Brazilian Steakhouse) many years ago and didn't like it at all.  Hopefully they will do away with it when the Allure eventually gets amped.

When Allure was new the Samba Grill was really nice.  They decorated the table and chairs with white covers,  had “Festivale” type live entertainment and the food was ok…not great…but we enjoyed going there.  We went back a couple of years ago and what a disappointment. No festive atmosphere or entertainment at all.  Last time for us !

On 6/10/2021 at 5:26 PM, lovelife said:

Great suggestions, also rising tide bar, also you need to reservations for all the shows , you can do that a couple of months before cruise.

1 minute ago, mavo68 said:

Ok I am confused. I am on the app and nothing works for my Aug 15 cruise. Does anyone else have any issues?

A798EED6-6E7F-4F67-B54C-115EEF688BA8.jpeg

None of the online check-in methods are live right now. RCL will email you when your cruise is available for check in. Last I heard, it won't open until ~30 days before your sail date.

7 minutes ago, orville99 said:

None of the online check-in methods are live right now. RCL will email you when your cruise is available for check in. Last I heard, it won't open until ~30 days before your sail date.

I wasn’t event trying to check in I wanted to look at the types of restaurants, activities etc. it seems all the other ships work on the app but the Allure.

14 minutes ago, mavo68 said:

I wasn’t event trying to check in I wanted to look at the types of restaurants, activities etc. it seems all the other ships work on the app but the Allure.

If you go out to RCL's main webpage and pull up the page with all of their ships, you can view all of the restaurants and (in most cases) the menus for each one on Allure by selecting the dining tab.