Lefse anyone?

TeamBAlways

I had to google lefse to find out what they are--sounds like something I'd enjoy trying! But no, I've never encountered them on a Viking ship. (Doesn't necessarily mean they're not served; I wasn't looking for them and might simply not have noticed!)

2 hours ago, TeamBAlways said:

Ok for all of the seasoned Viking Ocean travelers.... do they serve Lefse onboard?  It is my husbands favorite comfort food and he would be tickled if they do.

No, have never seen it on Viking. My favorite lefse comes from the train stations in Norway!

• Like 1

Don't recall seeing it served on board, but from memory they are a close, but thinner relative to the Scottish tattie scone. I would definitely try them.

Once you board the ship, I suggest asking if they can make some. Never yet seen them say no, unless the ingredients weren't onboard.

Lefse is made from mashed potatoes, flour, cream and butter.  Simple ingredients but it takes some practice and skill to get them rolled out very thin!  Unless one of the cooks is Norwegian I don't think they would attempt them.  Even after many years being assistant cook to my grandmother and mother my lefse skills never gelled.....I have found a good place to buy it in Berkeley!!!  

~Nancy

th?id=ATOOL2F28F37F89B97A10490EA5487A8216EECE5CF3E7C09242B96BD449D13244A803&w=472&h=280&c=1&rs=2&o=6&pid=SANGAM

Edited by oakridger
Added info
  • Like 1