Oceania Regatta - 12 day Alaska - LA to Vancouver

LGW59

First time upcoming Oceania cruiser, very much looking forward to it!  Got a forward VS 7004, love it because a room/balcony with direct drop to the water, ugh.  Love rough seas forward facing views and this balcony seems to offer just that after watching several videos.   Any comments on the cabin appreciated, but more so day to day life on board.  Quiet guy here, sea days I spend in my cabin.  I know all specialty dining is included and from what I’ve read Oceania is just about tops at sea for dining.  I booked with OLife, seems many (confusing) options here, re should I use shore excursions, air package, try for beverage package?  I also have $600 on board credit.  TIA!!

Edited by LGW59

OLife  perks

Do you want to do ship;s tours  or prefer to DIY?

Beverage package is wine by the glass/beer at lunch & dinner only

OBC  you basically are paying  for a non refundable  credit

Air is another matter

You fly in/out the same day  as the cruise in Economy

if you prefer  BUS class  book your own (take the air credit)

if you want to fly in earlier or stay longer than the sailing date  you can pay the deviation fee  but I would check  what the cost is to book your own air  & take the credit

With the VS you get  6 bottles of wine/spirits  for in cabin use   & then there is always Happy Hour  2X daily   so may work for you  depending on your drinking habits

Lots of discussions here on the pros & Cons of O Life

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ORV said:

Check out this thread, it has pretty much everything you need to know about the Olife. 

Thanks very much!  I have some fun research to do with plenty of time to do it.

LGW59,

You have selected a great cruise of the West coast. Easy flight into LAX and about a 30 minute ride to the ship be it on a transfer or taxi or shuttle company. We have been to all the ports on your itinerary besides living in Northern California and you will enjoy yourself and the tours. Since you will have a nice selection of wines or liquor in your VS, I would suggest you take the O-Life Free Excursions package and depending on the number of tours booked, you would probably qualify for the Your World Discount package and 25% discount for your tours. SF can provide some great sites but if you would like to get out of the City, try the Sonoma Wine tour, 7 hours to the wine country. you can bring a nice selection of wines back onto Regatta after your tour, no problem on Oceania. Astoria OR is a very nice small town and sites on the OR coast. Alaska will be cool but great and you are including Icy Strait Point, Hoonah, which is just gorgeous. It is a Privately owned site and very interesting. If you can handle a two mile hike, it is pretty amazing for wildlife. Also in Ketchikan, if you want a fantastic experience, contact islandwings.com and take a float plane trip. We have gone out with Michele twice, a GREAT PILOT who has been up there over 25 years, THE BEST. Their price is lower than the Oceania flight tour too. 
Have a great trip. We did the similar trip from SF a few years ago.  Any questions, sing out as there are LOTS of veteran Oceania cruisers on this board.  
Gerry and Bonnie 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mauibabes said:

LGW59,

You have selected a great cruise of the West coast. Easy flight into LAX and about a 30 minute ride to the ship be it on a transfer or taxi or shuttle company. We have been to all the ports on your itinerary besides living in Northern California and you will enjoy yourself and the tours. Since you will have a nice selection of wines or liquor in your VS, I would suggest you take the O-Life Free Excursions package and depending on the number of tours booked, you would probably qualify for the Your World Discount package and 25% discount for your tours. SF can provide some great sites but if you would like to get out of the City, try the Sonoma Wine tour, 7 hours to the wine country. you can bring a nice selection of wines back onto Regatta after your tour, no problem on Oceania. Astoria OR is a very nice small town and sites on the OR coast. Alaska will be cool but great and you are including Icy Strait Point, Hoonah, which is just gorgeous. It is a Privately owned site and very interesting. If you can handle a two mile hike, it is pretty amazing for wildlife. Also in Ketchikan, if you want a fantastic experience, contact islandwings.com and take a float plane trip. We have gone out with Michele twice, a GREAT PILOT who has been up there over 25 years, THE BEST. Their price is lower than the Oceania flight tour too. 
Have a great trip. We did the similar trip from SF a few years ago.  Any questions, sing out as there are LOTS of veteran Oceania cruisers on this board.  
Gerry and Bonnie 

Definitely second the recommendation for Island Wings, one of our favorite excursions, loved it. 

Thanks ORV, glad to hear others have flown with Michele. She is a great pilot and undoubtedly the best one in Ketchikan. Her plane, her company and not just a seasonal Alaska flight tour pilot.  
Gerry

2 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Thanks ORV, glad to hear others have flown with Michele. She is a great pilot and undoubtedly the best one in Ketchikan. Her plane, her company and not just a seasonal Alaska flight tour pilot.  
Gerry

Went on their website and sent a request to book in Ketchikan for the bears and short hike, it’s 4.5 hours and O’s is only 3.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Definitely second the recommendation for Island Wings, one of our favorite excursions, loved it. 

If she says she spotted a bear on an island near Misty Fjords and you don't see it – don't tell her! –unless you want to experience a daredevil wing dip!  She is determined to give everybody a good time, but sometimes the squeamish could do with a little less... :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

If she says she spotted a bear on an island near Misty Fjords and you don't see it – don't tell her! –unless you want to experience a daredevil wing dip!  She is determined to give everybody a good time, but sometimes the squeamish could do with a little less... :classic_biggrin:

I promise to “see” everything she says we do!

• Haha 2