Regal Princess has arrived in Southampton

windsurferfirst

On 6/18/2021 at 3:19 AM, trbarton said:

I just looked at the Port Camera & the Regal Princess has left. Perhaps they were only taking on supplies & additional crew members. 

The bridge camera says they’re still in port. 

Tom😀

They keep moving her to different births. I have attached a link for the port schedule, it has gaps but gives a good idea of what's going on.

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

On 6/18/2021 at 8:34 PM, smdawheel said:

We are scheduled to depart Oct 12. With the current UK rules I just don't see how this is going to happen. I am not looking for a cruise to nowhere. Payments due in July...wonder when we will know. Honestly kinda hoping for a cancel and move to 2022.

We are booked for Oct 12 as well but we will be cancelling. We are not happy with the way things are going here in the UK and the restrictions once onboard are not our idea of a holiday, it is alot of money to pay out when you can't do your own thing. We have 3 weeks before we hit more than loss of deposit, so if Princess haven't cancelled by then we will.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, windsurferfirst said:

We are booked on to this one also. I am hoping and praying it happens. I think they will make their minds up when our PM announces on July 19th that all restrictions are lifted. ( Fingers crossed)

Even if the UK restrictions are raised, the French and Spanish governments will still have to agree to accept cruise ships. Spain is allowing ships to visit at present, but who knows what the situation will be in October? 

• Like 1

Really excited that Princess is about to start sailing this summer from the UK! Hoping that someone will have a (live, hopefully) trip report with lots of photos and scans of the Patter 🙂 

Just had a Get OceanReady email from Princess UK for the first Regal Princess cruise on 31st July -  they seemed to have updated their travel requirements for the UK Summer Seacations.  As well as showing proof of vaccination, guests will be provided with a free COVID-19 test prior to boarding.  If you are arrive by car, you can go to a drive-through test centre at Mayflower Terminal in Southampton. If by coach, on foot or by taxi then you can be tested at the embarkation terminal after initial document checks.

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 1

Am due to be on 30 September France and Spain cruise with my wife. In the current situation the cruise is more important to us than getting off the ship  at the ports so would be willing to stick with it even if the French and Spanish authorities still have restrictions in place. Easy for me to say when I have previously holidayed in the general area of the French stop and have spent a day in Bilbao as part of a mini cruise some years ago.

Alun