If you have to cancel a Cruise in 2022??

Looks like I need to cancel a b2b cruise in April/May 2022 do to a moving issue, RC saying it will only give me FCC and will not move my deposit

to another Cruise that i could sail on in October 2022...Options??

So if I cancel a cruise right now I have a $500 deposit on right now I get FCC I have to use by June 15th 2022.............but if I cancel the same cruise that sails on September 26th on the 23rd of September I get a FCC for the whole amount of the cruise fare to use by September 23rd of 2022..........Is that correct?

Are they book by dates or sail by dates?

Edited by Jimbo

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So if I cancel a cruise right now I have a $500 deposit on right now I get FCC I have to use by June 15th 2022.............but if I cancel the same cruise that sails on September 26th on the 23rd of September I get a FCC for the whole amount of the cruise fare to use by September 23rd of 2022..........Is that correct?

If you cancel now you get the $500 FCC which has to be applied by 4/30/22 for any sailing thru Sept 2022.  Your second scenario is correct  They are sail by dates

Edited by molly361
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If you book a refundable cruise that would sail Sept 2022 and apply that FCC, then cancel that one right before final payment say June 2022 will they reissue you a new FCC that now is good thru June 2023?  I would think so but who knows  Or would you lose it?

11 hours ago, molly361 said:

If you book a refundable cruise that would sail Sept 2022 and apply that FCC, then cancel that one right before final payment say June 2022 will they reissue you a new FCC that now is good thru June 2023? 

As bad as they are at some of this, I don't think RCI would reissue an FCC for less than a year from cancellation.