Onward's first voyage Question

sattva

4 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'm just a shorty! Lol  Well 6ft and it's ok for me, but yes, I can see the challenge if you are a bit taller. 

Phil 

Lol, the new tubs post refit seem higher than the original ones as I can’t remember it being such an issue before. On the other hand I might have grown a bit, maybe I need to change my socks more often 🤔

• Haha 2

Thank you all for the morning smiles!

I will look more closely at the thread suggested. I appreciate that. 

On deck 8-

The forward cabins available as of yesterday were 8000-8009 (except 01, 05)

aft - 8054-8065 (except 59)

on deck 7 -

7091-7117 (except 92,95,01,03,05,07,08,09)

Thank you again. 

Thank you Phil. I would agree. Good tip. I think that spa suite would likely be quieter than the rest of the available that are under the gym or pool area. Otherwise aft cabins under the cafe would likely make the most sense?

Edited by Vineyard View

41 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Re the CC Suite I'd choose 8002 as it's under another cabin. It has a walk in shower. 

Phil 

I am booked in 8002 on the Onward.  Confused by your post. Are there cabins above 8002?

44 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Thank you Phil. I would agree. Good tip. I think that spa suite would likely be quieter than the rest of the available that are under the gym or pool area. Otherwise aft cabins under the cafe would likely make the most sense?

I'd deffo go for 8002. 

Phil 

Having done 2 World Cruises in 2017 and 2019 on Pacific Princess, I fell in love with small ships.  When I saw she was going to Azamara I immediately went to their website.  Good first impressions!  I emailed a question on their site yesterday about the 2023 Itinieraries for the Onward.  I wanted to know if they would offer the Pharoahs Kings Emperor itinerary in 2023.  Husband and I decided to start our European cruising again in 2023.  We had a similar itinerary on another cruise line we were to do in 2020, it got cancelled and moved to 2021 then cancelled again.  So still being hesitant about 2022, waiting to 2023.  I certainly hope they will keep it.  

We are putting our deposit down tomorrow on the Onward B2B intensive Croatia and intensive Greece in ‘22. We originally thought we would wait till ‘23 but can’t resist these itineraries. 

We messed up and waited too long for 8002. Now only 8004 & 8006 across the elevators/stairs are available, or Aft under Windows. Either way we know it will be awesome and really looking forward to sailing Azamara for the first time. 

• Like 1

I would go for 8004 if it's still available.  It's under the bathrooms, and I haven't heard of problems with the CCs under the aft bathrooms – and just past the elevator lobby entrance.  8006 is an adjoining cabin to 8008..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I only hesitate because we have another couple traveling with us for the first leg. We are trying to get side by side to open balconies for the first leg. 

You may not be allowed to open balconies, pretty sure they banned that some time ago.

6 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

We are putting our deposit down tomorrow on the Onward B2B intensive Croatia and intensive Greece in ‘22. We originally thought we would wait till ‘23 but can’t resist these itineraries. 

We messed up and waited too long for 8002. Now only 8004 & 8006 across the elevators/stairs are available, or Aft under Windows. Either way we know it will be awesome and really looking forward to sailing Azamara for the first time. 

I'd take 8004. I've stayed under the aft bathrooms a few times and it's my favourite spot. I'd avoid 8006 as it's an adjoining cabin and possibly noise issues. The balcony partitions can't be opened except for maintenance. 

Phil 

That is what I was thinking as well Phil. We aren’t wanting to suggest a less than desirable cabin to our friends traveling the first itinerary with us. (They have only sailed one time) but now that I know we can’t share balconies, that is a change in thoughts of cocktails together on the balcony!  

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 12:07 PM, sattva said:

...Did Pacific Princess have a history of mechanical problems? ...

We were on the Pacific Princess for her Christmas-New Year 2019-20 cruise, just before she departed on a Panama Canal transit and WC that was terminated by Covid.  She was in good shape as far as we could tell.  We were very much looking forward to several future booked cruises on the Pacific Princess when Covid struck and then the ship was sold.  However, we are now looking forward to re-boarding her under Azamara auspices.

Edited by J-D
  • Like 2

We booked the inaugural cruise as well and have a CC suite with walk-in shower, which we now prefer over a tub for mobility reasons (previously, hubby was the "bubblebath king!"  Our first (and so far, only other) Azamara cruise (I think it was the Journey) was a handicap CC suite as it was the only such suite available.  Found it to be most comfortable.  We loved that cruise (Rome-Barcelona with 2 days of the Monte Carlo Grand Prix) -- only complaint was... it was only 8 days, the shortest cruise we've ever been on.  

We're actually doing this cruise in conjunction with a Vantage Travel Holland tulip-time river cruise, followed by a week in Brussels & Luxembourg on our own (lived in both cities in the 1980s/90s).  Will spend 2 nights in Nice before the cruise and probably Uber from our hotel to the Monte Carlo port on May 2.    

• 1 year later...
On 6/30/2021 at 8:11 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

I'd take 8004. I've stayed under the aft bathrooms a few times and it's my favourite spot. I'd avoid 8006 as it's an adjoining cabin and possibly noise issues. The balcony partitions can't be opened except for maintenance. 

Phil 

Can you confirm it definitely has a shower please? According to deck plan those with the triangle have a tub .

Short person so don't want to climb i to a tub! 

Thank you 

Thank