New, as of June 17, US Rules--especially Florida!

Bruin Steve

2 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

I am waiting for the lawsuits from the unvaccinated arguing that they paid for a certain class of cruise ticket and are being prevented from receiving the benefits of that level of ticket since they are excluded from various areas because they are unvaccinated.  How do they handle shows?  One show time for vaccinated (95%) and the other for unvaccinated (5%)?  

I think it is the same show; they just sit in different areas. Some bars are open to one group, another bar for the other. 

But I really don’t know. I’m just guessing how it could work.

6 minutes ago, Babr said:

I think it is the same show; they just sit in different areas. Some bars are open to one group, another bar for the other. 

But I really don’t know. I’m just guessing how it could work.

And everyone is breathing the same air at the same time. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The unvaccinated should have no basis for lawsuits or any other complaints.   They now know the penalty for refusing the vaccine so they can live with the restrictions or take another type of vacation in the U.S.   They won’t be welcomed in many countries.   At least in the U.S. there is no reason not to have one of the thee vaccines offered free now to anyone over the age of 12.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mom says said:

Is there some reason why you think going to ridiculous extremes helps to prove some point you are trying to make? News flash- it has the opposite effect.

That is the only way of a quick recovery instead of multi-year entire world suffering.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

The unvaccinated should have no basis for lawsuits or any other complaints.   They now know the penalty for refusing the vaccine so they can live with the restrictions or take another type of vacation in the U.S.   They won’t be welcomed in many countries.   At least in the U.S. there is no reason not to have one of the thee vaccines offered free now to anyone over the age of 12.

I agree but unless they are given the choice of a refund rather than a FCC, I could see the basis for some type of lawsuit.

It is a substantial change to the product that they purchased--just requiring them to pay for the testing that is not required by other passengers.  

Now if you are before final payment date, its a different story.

But, since even the vaccinated can get Covid, what if Celebrity decided to require PCR tests every day for all passengers--and charge us for the tests?  I sure would expect a refund rather than a FCC.

Edited by basenji56

5 hours ago, CruiserRob said:

Actually the lockdowns worked quite well in Canada.  Thanks for asking.

Exactly!! Once we got the vaccine we started flying through it. Last time I heard, we were #1 globally in vaccinating.......... 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

I agree but unless they are given the choice of a refund rather than a FCC, I could see the basis for some type of lawsuit.

It is a substantial change to the product that they purchased--just requiring them to pay for the testing that is not required by other passengers.  

Now if you are before final payment date, its a different story.

But, since even the vaccinated can get Covid, what if Celebrity decided to require PCR tests every day for all passengers--and charge us for the tests?  I sure would expect a refund rather than a FCC.

"Subject to change" (or a wiggle-term like that) is a wonderful thing.   I'm guessing their lawyers approved the changes as well.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Team Stag said:

I have some friends at PAFB.  Thank you for your service.

I haven't looked at Carnival in ages either.  But if they are sailing fully vaxed with no kids;  I might give them a look for a quick get away.

As far as the Tiger Paw, Clemson hasn't lost in the state of Florida or to a Florida team in at least the last 5 years (it might be closer to 7).  😂  😁  😎  (and probably just cursed my fall LOL)

I'm waiting to see if Mack Brown will "get it done" before he retires for good. 🙃😜

It's all good/all in fun, always love watching how the conference (and region) plays out from August to January.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suncoastsailors said:

Imagine the unvaccinated who need to wear mask and with contact tracing in effect onboard. No other passengers will want to get near the passengers with mask. 

HaHa.  This is a great reason to wear a mask.  😀

11 minutes ago, 3Shelaghs said:

Exactly!! Once we got the vaccine we started flying through it. Last time I heard, we were #1 globally in vaccinating.......... 

For 1st shots. We are catching up but are still well down the list for fully vaccinated.

41 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Yeah, I hear you.  But that doesn't make it right.  

Similarly, I think a lot of were expecting that our cruise would be all vaccinated.  Finding out that they are allowing unvaccinated has many people upset.  But, I doubt that Celebrity will give any refunds--just FCC if after final payment.  

On 6/17/2021 at 6:08 PM, iamaqt2 said:

The best part is that these folks will be readily identifiable.  And will most likely be treated as unwelcome by the other passengers.  Not a pleasant vacation experience IMO.  

If I were unvaccinated I'd definitely think twice about booking a cruise.  

Especially if masking is required even on the Lido deck.

I can not believe this attitude.  People have the right to make their own decisions!  I hope no one would be so classless as to mistreat those who are continuing to wear masks.  Some vaccinated people have continued to wear them.  However, no one has the right to treat anyone disrespectfully.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, basenji56 said:

Interesting.  It's not over yet though.  We'll see appeals in the next 30 days for sure, likely with continued delays in this particular ruling being enforced.

The injunction is stayed until July 18, at which time the CSO will only stay as a non-binding consideration, recommendation or guideline.

The court also noted the CDC may propose a “narrower injunction” no later than July 2. Both parties are also being ordered back to the mediation table.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mcgilldj said:

I can not believe this attitude.  People have the right to make their own decisions!  I hope no one would be so classless as to mistreat those who are continuing to wear masks.  Some vaccinated people have continued to wear them.  However, no one has the right to treat anyone disrespectfully.  

Honestly, it's an understandable position.  Those who remain unvaccinated are the ones who, if they fall ill, could interrupt the holiday of the others.  If enough of them are sick, the cruise is over for everyone.

Hopefully wristbands will be issued to vaccinated people to make them readily identifiable as I suspect there will be no small number of them who choose to wear masks. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, mcgilldj said:

Don’t hold your breath waiting for people to be civil about masks. Just this week in Georgia, an anti-masker shot and killed a grocery store worker who asked him to pull up his mask as per store policy.  In fact, he left the store and came back with his gun to commit the murder.  Of course, there also have been incidents involving people who violently confronted someone for not wearing a mask. Given the heated emotions attached to this issue,  I feel badly for the cruise line staff who are going to have to deal with the inevitable conflicts among passengers and non-compliant passengers.  

Edited by Twigster

I was on the fence last night and the ruling today did it for me -- just canceled my Edge sailing at the end of July. Was able to get a 45-day extension on my PiF date for my October sailing on the new Mardi Gras ... mostly because we want to see how things shake out with Carnival out of Florida, so I'm appreciative of that. PiF was originally July 4 -- hopefully we'll have a better idea of things by then.

Keeping my Alaska on Millie at the end of August because I think Seattle/Alaska will continue to toe the line of allowing cruises to require proof of vaccines.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, keels81 said:

I was on the fence last night and the ruling today did it for me -- just canceled my Edge sailing at the end of July. Was able to get a 45-day extension on my PiF date for my October sailing on the new Mardi Gras ... mostly because we want to see how things shake out with Carnival out of Florida, so I'm appreciative of that. PiF was originally July 4 -- hopefully we'll have a better idea of things by then.

Keeping my Alaska on Millie at the end of August because I think Seattle/Alaska will continue to toe the line of allowing cruises to require proof of vaccines.

So did you take the FCC on the Edge cruise since you’re within the penalty? I think Celebrity will need to act quickly if they don’t want to see more people canceling. 

• Like 1

Just now, cruisingator2 said:

So did you take the FCC on the Edge cruise since you’re within the penalty? I think Celebrity will need to act quickly if they don’t want to see more people canceling. 

Yup. I took the FCC. It was a recent booking so I didn't have any banked and forwarded OBC or anything of relevance. Had no pre-paid stuff like specialty dining, drinks, etc. because I booked the "Simply Sail". It was just cruise fare and port fees/taxes. I'm at peace with my decision, but apparently I wasn't the only one that was pulling the trigger today.

We'd like to do Alaska every summer since it gets so hot, miserable and Hurricane-y down here in New Orleans, so that FCC won't be sitting there for too long I don't reckon.

4 minutes ago, keels81 said:

Yup. I took the FCC. It was a recent booking so I didn't have any banked and forwarded OBC or anything of relevance. Had no pre-paid stuff like specialty dining, drinks, etc. because I booked the "Simply Sail". It was just cruise fare and port fees/taxes. I'm at peace with my decision, but apparently I wasn't the only one that was pulling the trigger today.

We'd like to do Alaska every summer since it gets so hot, miserable and Hurricane-y down here in New Orleans, so that FCC won't be sitting there for too long I don't reckon.

Good luck. We don’t cruise until August. I’m willing to wait and see what happens with the current safety protocols. If they change to the point that we no longer feel comfortable then we will cancel, take the FCC and move it to a ship that does not cruise out of FL. Our hotel is refundable and our air has no change fees so we will not be out of any losses. We’re going to cruise somewhere. 😊

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cruisingator2 said:

Good luck. We don’t cruise until August. I’m willing to wait and see what happens with the current safety protocols. If they change to the point that we no longer feel comfortable then we will cancel, take the FCC and move it to a ship that does not cruise out of FL. Our hotel is refundable and our air has no change fees so we will not be out of any losses. We’re going to cruise somewhere. 😊

The Edge was a splurge because we're already planning to spend much of July in Florida with my Mom and she would be a free dog-sitter for a week! So no airfare or hotels required on that one.

I'm still optimistic about Alaska. Mardi Gras in October and Apex in November have me at a pause, but I'm willing to wait those out.