Smart Phone Not Needed TY Princess

cruzsnooze

6 minutes ago, barrykel said:

In all fairness, we don't know what role Padgett played in the decision. He was the 'Chief Experience and Innovation Officer', not the CIO - there were two CIOs (one Carnival corporate, one HA Group) who would have outranked him, one of whom left the company a year ago. The fact that they're now working on the web-based Ocean Ready website means that someone at Princess is on the right track; the critical factors going forward are that person's competence, and Padgett's relationship with them in the corporate political alignments. 

Jan gave him full credit.  But I do agree with you, a lot of people were/are more directly involved.

"from Jan Swartz

It is my privilege to share with you that John Padgett has been named president of Princess Cruises, effective immediately. John will report to me, while also retaining leadership of the corporation’s innovation unit.

Many of you know John as the mastermind behind our Princess MedallionClass experience."

4 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Many of you know John as the mastermind behind our Princess MedallionClass experience."

I've heard (maybe from one of Steeler's posts?) that he was mainly promoting the Medallion itself and the onboard experience, rather than the app specifically. 
I'm also reminded that the old adage that 'history is written by the winners' applies to corporate political battles as well as military ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Jan gave him full credit.  But I do agree with you, a lot of people were/are more directly involved.

"from Jan Swartz

It is my privilege to share with you that John Padgett has been named president of Princess Cruises, effective immediately. John will report to me, while also retaining leadership of the corporation’s innovation unit.

Sounds like he is being set up as the fall guy.

• Haha 1