Yay, a normal topic maybe! What would a typical Magic 5-day MDR menu look like in Sept (2021)?

Hopefully this more normal / typical thread will get our minds back into the game, as it were.

We're booked on Magic for a 5-day "Bahamas" cruise out of PC this September (2021).

As you may recall, Magic replaced Elation.  We went on a 5-day cruise on Elation in May 2019 (seems like a lifetime ago now).  But I don't recall the menu for each night, only took a photo of Day 1 (are all Day 1 menus out of a given port the same?  I need to see if I have photos from other past cruises).  And I don't know if there would be a one-for-one equivalence to Elation, since it is a different ship.

So, if (big if) the menu options will be similar to other 5-day cruises out of PC in the past (which typically were not 100% Bahamas, instead usually went to Amber Cove and Grand Turk like we did in 2019), what might we expect?  I'm trying t decide if a Steakhouse reservation should be made now, prior to the cruise, or just chance it when we see the menus once on board, and pick a night where we both say "we can skip tonight in the MDR".

Let's talk food!

I think this is a really interesting question that nobody will have an answer for until sailings starts. With the supply chain issues so many are experiencing and the significant increase in food costs, I wouldn’t be surprised to see some changes to the American Table menu. I’d also guess that the food people at Carnival probably took some of the shutdown time to evaluate menus and possibly create new items. 

We’ll all see soon. 

We have started going to some of the high-end steakhouses here and plan on booking the Steakhouse on our B2B. However, I have always found something good on the MDR menu every night on our past cruises and couldn't see spending over $100 for the 3 us. I'm definitely willing to try the Steakhouse next cruise now that our DS is a teenager.

Before I would spend $100 extra a night to eat on a Carnival cruise I would probably just upgrade to another cruise line where that would not be necessary. That being said food on carnival has always been good in my opinion in the main dining room and other free options. Like the atmosphere on Carnival but food is better on other lines.

We’re booked for September on now the Magic that’s was the Elation. Can you guys see your print documents? I can’t see our luggage tags or anything. We were refunded our FTTF but I never received any type of communication or anything from carnival explaining what was going on. We had a $250 onboard credit but now when I look at payment details, it has both of us with a $25 each OBC. I’d like to look at my invoice before calling carnival. Thank you in advance!!

On 6/18/2021 at 1:16 PM, geaux_aces said:

I think this is a really interesting question that nobody will have an answer for until sailings starts. With the supply chain issues so many are experiencing and the significant increase in food costs, I wouldn’t be surprised to see some changes to the American Table menu. I’d also guess that the food people at Carnival probably took some of the shutdown time to evaluate menus and possibly create new items. 

We’ll all see soon. 

You know, that is a really interesting observation that I hadn't thought about. There are supply shortages across numerous food categories (beef, chicken, etc.) and difficulty finding enough truckers to transport. It's not just affecting how much can be obtained, but the price as well. 

2 hours ago, sweety51901 said:

We’re booked for September on now the Magic that’s was the Elation. Can you guys see your print documents? I can’t see our luggage tags or anything. We were refunded our FTTF but I never received any type of communication or anything from carnival explaining what was going on. We had a $250 onboard credit but now when I look at payment details, it has both of us with a $25 each OBC. I’d like to look at my invoice before calling carnival. Thank you in advance!!

We are on the Aug sailing on the magic, since it was changed from the Elation. we had the 200 obc,

it was transferred over, but was being charged more for a different cabin, had to call carnival,

and they straightened everything out, so give them a call. 

On 6/20/2021 at 4:46 PM, sweety51901 said:

Can you guys see your print documents?

Just saw this bit as I re-read the thread:

Apparently you can't print documents until checked-in, which is now 14 or 16 days prior to sail date.

So you might have to wait until then.