Boarding priority?

Bruin Steve

12 hours ago, cinnamon said:

We were told by our agent, plus think it’s on the UK website. Double jabbed, time elapsed plus test at the dock on arrival. 

We’ve booked direct and hadn’t heard of anything other than double jabbed within two weeks of travel. Probably hear something in due course.

17 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You will be able to drive in Jan - weather permitting.  Border will be open long before then.

We sail August 8th, 2021.  I sincerely hope it is open for all cruises we have booked.

23 hours ago, Sprocket said:

We hope to drive down but I think I should book at least one way air soon, no idea when we'll find out if/when the border will open to allow us to drive.  I think I booked our hotel in January lol and also got 11:30-11:45 boarding time.  Reservations for dining and excursions all locked in so we are good to go.  I am a little more optimistic that we will actually go every time the app updates, pretty sure the Covid part won't be until about 3 days before we sail so the information is current.  

My QR code showed up last week so everything seems to be clicking into place.

@SprocketSounds like things are falling into place for you! I haven't been able to enter my passport information yet into the APP, it's in my profile on princess.com but for some reason won't carry over to the APP.  I need to call somebody about that...  My husband and son are still waiting for their passports, nothing like waiting until the last minute! Hope they make it on time! We have original birth certificates as a back-up but it's not ideal.  I double checked though since it's a closed loop out of seattle that they would be acceptable. 

6 hours ago, Sprocket said:

We sail August 8th, 2021.  I sincerely hope it is open for all cruises we have booked.

I think the US is going to open for the fully-vaccinated at least - even if Trudeau still has his head in the sand by July 21.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Esjung1 said:

@SprocketSounds like things are falling into place for you! I haven't been able to enter my passport information yet into the APP, it's in my profile on princess.com but for some reason won't carry over to the APP.  I need to call somebody about that...  My husband and son are still waiting for their passports, nothing like waiting until the last minute! Hope they make it on time! We have original birth certificates as a back-up but it's not ideal.  I double checked though since it's a closed loop out of seattle that they would be acceptable. 

Have you done a Medallion cruise before?  They have not asked me to scan my passport and I honestly can't remember if we did that in 2019 think I've read somewhere they may already have that info.  When you find out I'd be interested in what they say.

Fingers crossed their passports arrive soon!

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I think the US is going to open for the fully-vaccinated at least - even if Trudeau still has his head in the sand by July 21.

That would be awesome if we can get out by car they have to let us back in lol.  Just wish he'd hurry up and quit dragging it out.

15 hours ago, Jimmys Chippy said:

We’ve booked direct and hadn’t heard of anything other than double jabbed within two weeks of travel. Probably hear something in due course.

This might help you answer your questions. Very detailed.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-cruises/

8 hours ago, Sprocket said:

Have you done a Medallion cruise before?  They have not asked me to scan my passport and I honestly can't remember if we did that in 2019 think I've read somewhere they may already have that info.  When you find out I'd be interested in what they say.

I found that even though I downloaded the new Medallion App, my pictures and other personal info was already in the app.  The last medallion cruise we did was Jan-Feb '20.  I never "scanned" my passport, but did enter the number and other data into the website Personalizer.  My app has never asked me to scan our passports either.  I assume they came over from the website.  No "scan" (picture) but PP numbers, etc were there.  On our Travel Checklist in the app, everything is green checked except "Health Status", which I'm sure has to be done just days before sailing.  We sail in Sept.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sprocket said:

I have not, it's been 12 years since we've cruised so it's been awhile.  I just can't complete my that one section in the APP for personal information & documents. I've tried to fill the information in manually and it's really finicky.  It's on my list to call the number. I will post again if I get anywhere with this! I keep hearing that they ask if you have a grandchild to help you.  I'm technology savvy and it's not me, it's the APP. 🙂

• 9 months later...
14 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

BUMP
Any updates on whether Elite Passengers receive Priority Embarkation?

If checked in before boarding starts, just as in the past, elite and suite guests will be first to board after handicapped who need assistance once boarding starts.

Of course, if checking in after boarding has started, everyone goes directly to the ship.

• Like 2