Carnival & Covid

camper49

Vaccinated cruises are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Guests will be asked to confirm their status as fully vaccinated for COVID-19 during check-in and provide proof of vaccination in advance of boarding.* It’s important for guests to come prepared, as those who arrive at the embarkation terminal without the proper proof of vaccination will not be able to cruise, and no refund will be issued. 

Guests must present proof of vaccination, as well as all required travel documents, at embarkation. Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination (e.g., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card). The name on the vaccination record must match the guest’s travel documents and show that the guest is fully vaccinated. This means that the guest has completed the full cycle of required doses for the vaccine administered (e.g., received the second dose in a two-dose series) and that the guest has received the final dose at least 14 days before arriving their cruise departure. 

Vaccinated guests do not have to be tested for COVID-19. However, based on medical screening that will take place on embarkation day, testing may be deemed necessary as a precautionary measure, which will be provided at no charge. In the event a test result is positive, the guest and their traveling party will unfortunately not be allowed to sail and will receive a future cruise credit. In such cases, guests may have to quarantine locally and Carnival will assist in helping to make those arrangements.

• Like 2

Every guest will be asked to complete an online health questionnaire and vaccination confirmation 72 hours prior to sailing and undergo enhanced pre-embarkation health screenings, which will include confirmation of their health screening responses, validation of their vaccination documents and any required COVID-19 testing. We will refer anyone with signs and symptoms of COVID-19, or who are identified at-risk, for additional medical screening before allowing them to board. Secondary screenings (and health checks throughout the cruise) will be performed when necessary. Contact tracing is planned for every cruise.

It will be necessary to follow the health protocols for every port we visit, which are under the control of local government and subject to change without prior notice. Vaccinated guests may participate in Carnival-operated tours and independent sightseeing

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 3

I am totally ok with voluntarily asking for vaccine proof and those who don't get tested at port.  no one wants their trip interrupted. everyone spends their hard earned money to have a great cruise experience. some fly from far distances to the port to sail.  we want safe as possible.

the companies can't get too lax. stay the course. 

• Like 8

I think one positive result could be that Carnival would have more freedom in allowing special exceptions for those that can't get vaccinated, like the children under 12, and other conditions. Now, they can get all the passengers that vaccinated on board plus all the exceptions. Not having to keep the ratio to 95% vs 5%. It could be set to a ratio of what ever the cruise line thinks is appropriate. 

Also, I would like all passengers to be treated the same. The same as spelled out for the vaccinated. We don't need to have a two class system on board ship. 

• Like 4

I have no issue with covid testing.  Until someone tests positive for covid, they should be treated as the healthy person they are and not with a perceived hidden disease.  Everyone has the right to be treated equally until there is proof that they have a contagious disease.  

I don't even have a problem with daily tests for the unvaccinated.  But people have a right to be treated equally and not continuously like they are a threat to humanity.  I resented every single time I had to wear a mask.  I was never a threat to anyone.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I resented every single time I had to wear a mask.  I was never a threat to anyone.  

How would you know for sure if you were infected or not, given that many many infected people were asymptomatic yet fully capable of spreading the virus?  Wearing a mask helps prevent either you inadvertently spreading the infection while also helping to keep you safe.   I just never saw a problem with wearing a mask in public.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, groundloop said:

How would you know for sure if you were infected or not, given that many many infected people were asymptomatic yet fully capable of spreading the virus?  Wearing a mask helps prevent either you inadvertently spreading the infection while also helping to keep you safe.   I just never saw a problem with wearing a mask in public.

So they say that people with absolutely no symptoms are going around spreading the virus.  I just don't believe that.  I have been perfectly healthy.  I wouldn't have minded submitting to covid tests, but resented being treated like I was carrying some deadly disease every waking moment.  If I am sick, I stay home.  There are other contagious diseases too.  Should we all have to wear masks for the rest of our lives on the  off chance we get one?  I will never agree with the ridiculous mask wearing when the virus particles could go right through it.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Carnival has been doing a great job so far upon restart and I’m really happy with their decisions and protocols so far. Hopefully the CDC & Florida will be able to come to a workable compromise in mediation and we will see what the CDC comes up with in terms of an alternative to the CSO per the judges’ order. In the meantime I would imagine that Carnival stays it’s course.

Really there are only 3 options for health, safety and mitigation and IMO Carnival has decided to go with the best one. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Radiioman46 said:

I think one positive result could be that Carnival would have more freedom in allowing special exceptions for those that can't get vaccinated, like the children under 12, and other conditions. Now, they can get all the passengers that vaccinated on board plus all the exceptions. Not having to keep the ratio to 95% vs 5%. It could be set to a ratio of what ever the cruise line thinks is appropriate. 

Also, I would like all passengers to be treated the same. The same as spelled out for the vaccinated. We don't need to have a two class system on board ship. 

They will have to keep the crumb crunchers wrapped up like covid burritos. Ambulance chasers are likely salivating at the though of little johnny catching covid at camp ocean from suzy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

So they say that people with absolutely no symptoms are going around spreading the virus.  I just don't believe that.  I have been perfectly healthy.  I wouldn't have minded submitting to covid tests, but resented being treated like I was carrying some deadly disease every waking moment.  If I am sick, I stay home.  There are other contagious diseases too.  Should we all have to wear masks for the rest of our lives on the  off chance we get one?  I will never agree with the ridiculous mask wearing when the virus particles could go right through it.

First off Covid is far more dangerous than a cold or flu, just ask the friends and family of the more than 600,000 Americans who have died from it.  I personally knew three people who were killed by Covid, two of them were under 50 with no underlying health issues.

It's true that virus particles are very very small, but they're not spread as individual particles.  They clump together on the surface of water particles which are exhaled.  Masks are very effective at stopping particles of that size.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

They will have to keep the crumb crunchers wrapped up like covid burritos. Ambulance chasers are likely salivating at the though of little johnny catching covid at camp ocean from suzy.

You don't know that. LOL!

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I know cruise line ambulance chasers have had slim pickings for well over a year.

You know that since cruising hasn't taken place since March of last year, ambulance chasers have had slim pickings? Captain Obvious. LOL!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

I know cruise line ambulance chasers have had slim pickings for well over a year.

Maybe the ambulance chasers should sue the CDC for ruining their livelihood by keeping cruises shut down from US ports.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Radiioman46 said:

You know that since cruising hasn't taken place since March of last year, ambulance chasers have had slim pickings? Captain Obvious. LOL!

LOL 😂 where have you been, cruises been going on since last year! 

7 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I don't even have a problem with daily tests for the unvaccinated.  But people have a right to be treated equally and not continuously like they are a threat to humanity.  I resented every single time I had to wear a mask

That’s a bizarre contradiction to me: not being concerned about daily covid tests for unvaccinated (I know you’ve said you were vaccinated; what about under 12) and yet you consider masks to be the devil.  Covid tests are much more invasive, the results can deny you boarding or end your vacation.  Knowing you might have to wear a mask going between floors or embarking/debarking-no biggie to me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, groundloop said:

First off Covid is far more dangerous than a cold or flu, just ask the friends and family of the more than 600,000 Americans who have died from it.  I personally knew three people who were killed by Covid, two of them were under 50 with no underlying health issues.

It's true that virus particles are very very small, but they're not spread as individual particles.  They clump together on the surface of water particles which are exhaled.  Masks are very effective at stopping particles of that size.

Plus there are many who didn't die, but are permanently injured.  A good friend of mine got it and she has permanent lung damage from it.  She's on two different inhalers (morning and night) and then a rescue inhaler as needed during the day.  On good days, she only has to use it 10 times.  She also gets a nerve block regularly for the COVID headaches she still gets.  

• Like 2

The unvaccinated will be tested so they will not get on the ship unless they test negative. Treating healthy people like they have a contagious disease is ridiculous. Should someone test positive, then they should be treated as such. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

The unvaccinated will be tested so they will not get on the ship unless they test negative. Treating healthy people like they have a contagious disease is ridiculous. Should someone test positive, then they should be treated as such. 

Except for the fact that by the time you test positive, you could have infected any number of people.  Whether you believe it or not, that is how this viral infection works.  You can't ignore medical facts because you, or any one else,  don't believe them, they are inconvenient, or it seems to be unfair.  If you have a group of vaccinated and unvaccinated people together with none of the unvaccinated people wearing masks or distancing, there is a higher chance of the virus spreading through that group.  That is not an opinion, it is a fact.  The question becomes how much higher is the risk, and if it can't be quantified, then no one knows how big a risk they are taking.  That is why so many people want 100% vaccinated cruises or that unvaccinated people follow different protocols.  That way the risk is lowered for everyone, and the vaccinated people are not put at risk by the unvaccinated people.  Any other solution introduces an additional, unknown amount of risk to everyone.  The disagreement is because some people are willing to take that risk, and think that the people that are unwilling to take that risk are being too sensitive or unreasonable, I believe because they think that unknown amount of risk is too small to be worried about.  Other people don't want to take that additional risk, no matter how small it is.  Both sides basically think the other is being unreasonable.  Personally, I think it is unreasonable to make people take any additional risk, but I know that there are people who disagree.  We are all going to have to wait to see how the Cruise lines handle this, and make our own decision.  But we cannot pretend there is no risk, the undeniable fact is that there is.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

The captain of the cargo ship tested negative, and started having symptoms on the second day. A few days after that he was dead.

57 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I just do not have any faith in those tests. A person can test negative to get on the ship then turn up positive because it may take a few days for a Covid test to react positively. I have no doubt this is what happened to those two cabin mates on the Celebrity Millie.

• Like 1