"Just water carton"

On 6/16/2022 at 6:02 AM, chengkp75 said:

And, as I explained when you posted those pictures, that is a temporary condition caused when the water system is shut down to repair a leak, and the chlorine scale (from the chlorine used to sanitize the water) that forms on the inside of the pipe dries out and breaks off and is circulated for a short time.  Because the pipe running from the deck main to your sink is 'stagnant" until you turn on the tap, the scale will collect there.  Running the water for a couple minutes takes care of the problem.  This can happen on any ship of any company.

Agreed.  It also happens pretty routinely in any municipality or large facility that has a water main leak or other supply line repair.  Run the water until clear.  Move on. Crisis and outrage over...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2021 at 4:25 PM, WYB! said:

Just water is the name of a company and not related to NCL.

https://www.amazon.com/Water-Premium-Paper-Based-Recyclable-Naturally/dp/B01B3A0S9S/ref=asc_df_B01B3A0S9S/

There are 12 (16.9 fl oz) bottles in a case.

I've also seen Just Water available in my local grocery store.

- WYB

Matter of fact American Airlines Admiral Club uses these as well. 

I was on the Pearl last week and I had preordered some of these waters as at the time I ordered them I was on a very restrictive liquid diet.  We had 20 one liter bottles in our stateroom and they all tasted great.  (we shared some with my son and his cousin in a separate stateroom.)

Flip

I personally loved the the great Tap water on the Encore in 2021 and Joy in 2019.  Better than most bottled waters, which are just tap municipality waters.  

Edited by scooter6139
  • Thanks 1

we ordered the 6  bottle package on our last cruise in april. no problems, no complaints, 3 in the cabin  and we were all fine with  it. have your steward empty the fridge the 1st day (unless you want to be gouged by the prices) put the water  in there instead, and you're good to go!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

I personally loved the the great Tap water on the Encore in 2021 and Joy in 2019.  Better than most bottled waters, which are just tap municipality waters.  

The water in these cartons are spring water, not filtered tap water.  While the water on the ship tastes fine, I didn't want to take the chance when I booked the cruise.

Flip

Tap water is spring water in many locations, as it is derived from a surface source.  Others use well (artesian) water, which is what most big bottlers use.  Both of these usually have a "taste" as they have different mineral compositions both before and after filtering.

I drink both myself (tap and bottle).  

On 6/21/2021 at 9:44 PM, hallux said:

Practically my back yard.  It's Bottled in Glens Falls, NY, I'm just South of there (I'm basically halfway between Saratoga and Albany).  Glens Falls is in the foothills of the Adirondacks, and right near the headwaters of the Hudson River (before it goes past a bunch of towns to pick up "stuff".  Bottom line - the water source can't be much more pure than where that stuff is bottled, I would attribute any bad taste to the packaging...

Ever see Saratoga water in bottles?  That's bottled just South of Glens Falls, in Saratoga.  

Hi

I love Saratoga Water!!

Ordered Just Water on my last cruise and it was fine.

Cat

On 6/21/2021 at 9:44 PM, hallux said:

Practically my back yard.  It's Bottled in Glens Falls, NY, I'm just South of there (I'm basically halfway between Saratoga and Albany).  Glens Falls is in the foothills of the Adirondacks, and right near the headwaters of the Hudson River (before it goes past a bunch of towns to pick up "stuff".  Bottom line - the water source can't be much more pure than where that stuff is bottled, I would attribute any bad taste to the packaging...

Ever see Saratoga water in bottles?  That's bottled just South of Glens Falls, in Saratoga.  

Hi

I love Saratoga Water!!

Ordered Just Water on my last cruise and it was fine.

Cat

4 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Tap water is spring water in many locations, as it is derived from a surface source.  Others use well (artesian) water, which is what most big bottlers use.

Believe you have your definitions mixed up here.  A "spring" is a natural feature that brings water under pressure to the surface.  An "artesian" well is a drilled well that does the same thing, having tapped into a source of water under pressure.  Most municipalities use either pumped wells (insufficient pressure to bring the water to the surface), or "surface sources" (meaning lakes and reservoirs).  You could have a spring, and then drill a well within 50 feet of it, and have an artesian well, if you hit the same stratus.

Poland Spring here in Maine uses a natural spring as the water source, but have since drilled into it, and run a pipe down deep into the spring, so there is no "surface source" to that spring.

• Like 1