Anyone get acceptance/denial for kids on Horizon?

JEANMR1

I can’t stop excessively checking my email to see if our son is one of the 5% on our 7/24 cruise. We have come to terms with it either way but really want to know whether to look forward to the cruise or not.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Anyone get a letter yet?

Thanks

Doing the same here.  So far I have only seen 3 approved/denied postings here on CC:

Accepted - Horizon July 4https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2785812-july-exemption-denial-email/?do=findComment&comment=61302943

Denied - Vista July 10https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2784451-july-vista-cruisers-5-link/?do=findComment&comment=61315354

Denied - Ship/date unknown (likely Vista or Breeze):  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2785197-under-12-vaccine-exemptions-for-july-galveston-cruises/?do=findComment&comment=61276794

Edited by lancerTXST

4 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

would you mind sharing what your exemption was for? Was it a child under 12? Just curious.

My daughter is 10. It seems from my roll call most of the exceptions are 7 to 12. The denials are for infants and toddlers. I did see a 16 year old that received a medical exemption.

Edited by regoodwinjr
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

My daughter is 10. It seems from my roll call most of the exceptions are 7 to 12. The denials are for infants and toddlers. I did see a 16 year old that received a medical exemption.

Thank you. I would hate to be the one that has to approve or deny exemptions but I know it must be done. Excellent that you were able to get one. Smooth Seas!

• Like 2

Has anyone received acceptance or rejection emails today? I really hate not knowing when I’m just only about a month away from the cruise. I called Carnival today but they could provide no information as to when any emails will go out.

22 hours ago, regoodwinjr said:

That seems rather like it should be the opposite as 7-12 are more likely to spread it or get it than a young child.  The cases of under 5 that have gotten it or gotten seriously ill are close to zero.  My best guess is that they have concerns about infants and toddlers being able to wear face masks appropriately as 7 and up can and are used to doing it in school. (Remarkably, my 8 year old wears a mask like it is no big deal and often forgets to take it off, but will NOT wear his glasses.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JEANMR1 said:

Has anyone received acceptance or rejection emails today? I really hate not knowing when I’m just only about a month away from the cruise. I called Carnival today but they could provide no information as to when any emails will go out.

I am on the Horizon July 4th cruise and at least 3 cruisers report denials.  No detailed info.

9 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

That seems rather like it should be the opposite as 7-12 are more likely to spread it or get it than a young child.  The cases of under 5 that have gotten it or gotten seriously ill are close to zero.  My best guess is that they have concerns about infants and toddlers being able to wear face masks appropriately as 7 and up can and are used to doing it in school. (Remarkably, my 8 year old wears a mask like it is no big deal and often forgets to take it off, but will NOT wear his glasses.)

LOL Your 8 year old sounds like my DW. Although she is now happy to not have to wear a mask except when she is in school, she never had a problem with them. In fact at the beginning of the pandemic was enthusiastically making them. But she absolutely hates having to wear glasses. She loses them constantly. I once even found a pair buried in the potting soil of a houseplant maybe a year or so after that particular pair had been lost. Unlike me who has had to wear glasses since grade school, she did not first need them until she was over 40, and now in her 60s still has not become used to wearing them.

2 hours ago, JEANMR1 said:

Just got the acceptance for 7/24 on the Horizon!  Wooooo

Praise God! I normally don’t route for kids but man oh man I was routing for you because I know you have been checking every darn day, bitting your nails and probably not sleeping well. CONGRATULATIONS 🎉🍾🎈🎊 YES 🙌🏼 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bdever said:

Praise God! I normally don’t route for kids but man oh man I was routing for you because I know you have been checking every darn day, bitting your nails and probably not sleeping well. CONGRATULATIONS 🎉🍾🎈🎊 YES 🙌🏼 

Thanks!  My little guy is turning 11 on the ship and was excited to be away for his birthday. 
the only bad thing is the limited excursions but I’ll deal. The same cruise costs like 2k more for anything beginning next year so it was either this or nothing. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bdever said:

Praise God! I normally don’t route for kids but man oh man I was routing for you because I know you have been checking every darn day, bitting your nails and probably not sleeping well. CONGRATULATIONS 🎉🍾🎊 YES 🙌🏼 

Whoops! Replied to wrong person 

Edited by AtoZgirl
  • Like 1

Omg! This is driving me crazy! Congrats to all that have been approved but I’m on the July 10th sailing and have still not received an answer either way. No emails, I’ve called and spoken to the resolution dept as has my TA every day this week and still nothing decided. Is anyone else doing in this position?