Anyone get acceptance/denial for kids on Horizon?

JEANMR1

6 hours ago, Tarheelblues said:

Omg! This is driving me crazy! Congrats to all that have been approved but I’m on the July 10th sailing and have still not received an answer either way. No emails, I’ve called and spoken to the resolution dept as has my TA every day this week and still nothing decided. Is anyone else doing in this position?

That must be tough. 🤞 Wishing you good luck.

I wonder if there is any rhyme or reason to how they are making these decisions, or if it is just random.

58 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

That must be tough. 🤞 Wishing you good luck.

I wonder if there is any rhyme or reason to how they are making these decisions, or if it is just random.

There processing them in order of when they received the application and then it takes a few days to send the decision email. 

29 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

There processing them in order of when they received the application and then it takes a few days to send the decision email. 

That can’t be accurate. I submitted the application within 10 minutes of receiving the email with the link. 

55 minutes ago, Tarheelblues said:

That can’t be accurate. I submitted the application within 10 minutes of receiving the email with the link. 

There are a posts on my roll call where mutiple people called and that's what the resolution department was saying.

1 hour ago, regoodwinjr said:

There are a posts on my roll call where mutiple people called and that's what the resolution department was saying.

I don't think anyone doubts that you were told that, but the posts by those posting here who are waiting for an answer seem to show that that is not what is really happening.

23 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I don't think anyone doubts that you were told that, but the posts by those posting here who are waiting for an answer seem to show that that is not what is really happening.

There was an initial backlog because they had to wait for final payment date and then process the initial cruises first so they must have worked through the backlog. 

• Like 1

Doesn't really make sense.  Why leave the link open for like 10 days for the August requests if they're just going to give them out first come/first served? July requests were kinda rushed and may have been more trainwrecky, with less/no info given, but August at least had an email with timeframes for the request link being open (until July 25) and when processing requests would begin (after July 25), and it sorta back-channeled the same info pertaining to July requests- link closed date (July 15) and processing begin date (after July 21).

They are going in order by sail date, first sail/first served.  Maybe that's the source of the confusion.  The actual factors involved with approval/denial are all speculation.  Carnival hasn't said anything officially AFAIK, aside from being dependent on oxygen and certain other medical needs that were normally allowed, are being denied during the restart.

Edited by arkaine23

1 hour ago, arkaine23 said:

Carnival hasn't said anything officially AFAIK, aside from being dependent on oxygen and certain other medical needs that were normally allowed, are being denied during the restart.

I wonder if those denials for those dependent on oxygen and for some other medical needs are a violation of the Americans With Disabilities Act. You cannot sail does not seem like a "reasonable accommodation".

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I wonder if those denials for those dependent on oxygen and for some other medical needs are a violation of the Americans With Disabilities Act. You cannot sail does not seem like a "reasonable accommodation".

Possibly, but maybe not because they sail under a foreign country?

On 6/23/2021 at 8:37 PM, JEANMR1 said:

Thanks!  My little guy is turning 11 on the ship and was excited to be away for his birthday. 
the only bad thing is the limited excursions but I’ll deal. The same cruise costs like 2k more for anything beginning next year so it was either this or nothing. 

Enjoy the cruise. I'm sure it will be awesome and look forward to reading a review after. 🙂

21 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Every cruise line has a section in its Terms and Conditions (or Contract or whatever name the line uses) that covers fitness to travel and special needs.

At this time, someone who may be at higher risk from severe illness or death from Covid 19 would be unfit to travel.

I guess if those with those with those type of conditions insisted on sailing, a "reasonable accommodation" would be a special package (available  for purchase before boarding) that includes a coffin and burial at sea.

• 1 month later...