Symphony of the Seas Thermal Suite worth it?

19 minutes ago, 26.2runner said:

Looking to get a couples package on SOS for the week. Its $149. What all is included? Is it worth it? 

Thanks so much!

That's a $50 savings from the normal 2 person price. 

Here's the link to Cruise Critic photos of the Thermal suite.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/symphony-of-the-seas-984/vitality-at-sea-spa-412165/vitality-at-sea-spa--v484518

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

It is a waste of money. The facilities are very limited. Now, I am comparing them to the Thermal Suites on NCL which are fantastic. 

None of the mass market American cruiselines do Thermal suites like NCL.

I haven't sailed Symphony yet (booked for August 2022), but I have been on Oasis and Allure 6 times. I get the Thermal Suite pass for myself every time.

I hate the torpedo-tube showers in the cabins. I use the Thermal Suite every day, heading down there to get ready for dinner. A steam, perhaps a snooze on those awesome heated loungers, and a nice long hot shower in a human-sized space. At most, there's 1 other guy in the changeroom around that time, so I can spread my shave stuff out and take my time getting all pretty for my bride while she enjoys having the cabin and the cabin washroom to herself.

For $99 (I've never seen it discounted), it's totally worth the stress-free prep time before dinner!

• 2 weeks later...

Reports from the recent Adventure of the Seas sailing are that the sauna/steam facilities were closed due to social distancing restrictions. I wonder how this will be handled on ships that have the thermal suites, i.e., if they will be available for use or not. They are pretty cramped facilities on some of the ships.

As for being worth it, for me, a big part of the cruise is relaxing in the sauna/steam room, and while I don't like to pay extra for it on the ships with thermal suites, I have in the past. It all depends on the sailing and how many people use the thermal suite. When it's busy, it can be crowded and noisy if people are chatty. Other times it is quiet and peaceful. But overall these facilities (on Oasis and Allure, at least, in my experience) could have been designed much better.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Lu4sure said:

Haven’t been on Symphony but the thermal suite on the Norwegian Encore is going to be hard to beat. It is FANTASTIC. It is worth every penny. 

If you havent already, try it on the Epic. Man, it's even better than Encore although Encore is newer. Even MSC has better thermal Suites than Royal ships. 

On 6/30/2021 at 11:45 AM, CntPAcruiser said:

Reports from the recent Adventure of the Seas sailing are that the sauna/steam facilities were closed due to social distancing restrictions. I wonder how this will be handled on ships that have the thermal suites, i.e., if they will be available for use or not. They are pretty cramped facilities on some of the ships.

As for being worth it, for me, a big part of the cruise is relaxing in the sauna/steam room, and while I don't like to pay extra for it on the ships with thermal suites, I have in the past. It all depends on the sailing and how many people use the thermal suite. When it's busy, it can be crowded and noisy if people are chatty. Other times it is quiet and peaceful. But overall these facilities (on Oasis and Allure, at least, in my experience) could have been designed much better.

The thermal suite was open when we cruised on Odyssey last October. That was the last cruise I looked into the thermal suite, so not sure how other ships are handling it. 

11 hours ago, blueslily said:

If you havent already, try it on the Epic. Man, it's even better than Encore although Encore is newer. Even MSC has better thermal Suites than Royal ships. 

I agree!! The Thermal suite on Epic was amazing!!  So disappointed Symphony doesn't have one.

2 minutes ago, BusyFLmom said:

I agree!! The Thermal suite on Epic was amazing!!  So disappointed Symphony doesn't have one.

Symphony has a "thermal suite" area but, it's just does not compare to others offered on other cruise lines. I'm taking a first time cruiser on the Symphony in December. I'm passing on the thermal suite pass because next year we are also going on a NCL cruise, unless the Symphony sailing just turns them off cruising (which I doubt it will). I want them to be able to compare the two brands and two different types of ships so they can begin to plan cruises for themselves and learn about pros and cons of different lines and different types of ships. When we go on NCL, we will definitely be getting a thermal suite pass as I believe that will be money spent of much more value than spending it on the suite area that's offered on Symphony. The area on Symphony is tiny and what's available I kind of think should just be included in cruise fare since it's really not that much. But, I understand why they charge for it, in theory. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...