Wearing Masks = Cancellation

19 hours ago, VermontsFinest said:

Sail Adventure out of Nassau then. 

Celebrity? Carnival? You have options. RCL can set their own policies and doesn't care if you cancel.

I'm glad RCI doesn't care if I cancel. I don't care if I cancel either. I wouldn't be cancelling to "punish" RCI, it would be to avoid a vacation that I would not enjoy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, zekekelso said:

I think there are two groups out there. One group prioritizes safety and minimizing the risk of the cruise being interrupted by an outbreak. The other group prioritizes having no restrictions - freedom baby. You can go after one or the other of those groups. What I don’t think exists is a middle group wanting a cruise with lots of restrictions and lots of unvaccinated passengers, but for some reason that’s who RCI is targeting. 

If people follow through and do cancel it could potentially open up some last minute good deals, and the appeal of a not-crowded cruise (Capacity restriction) for relatively cheap is enough for me to watch things like this closely because we would definitely jump on that opportunity on some of the better itineraries/ships, and I'm sure there are others.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, crzndeb said:

And you are absolutely right, the rules change daily. Right now with cruising just beginning to open up again, they are testing the waters on what people want.

...or what people will tolerate.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm glad RCI doesn't care if I cancel. I don't care if I cancel either. I wouldn't be cancelling to "punish" RCI, it would be to avoid a vacation that I would not enjoy.

That's my feeling as well. Are you holding a lot of FCCs?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, atricks said:

If people follow through and do cancel it could potentially open up some last minute good deals, and the appeal of a not-crowded cruise (Capacity restriction) for relatively cheap is enough for me to watch things like this closely because we would definitely jump on that opportunity on some of the better itineraries/ships, and I'm sure there are others.  

Not if they all wait until 2 days before the ship sails. The way things are changing on a daily basis I would be waiting until the last possible minute before I canceled.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I'm a New Englander myself who has kind of the opposite view.  I work in healthcare and have to wear a mask 8-10+ hours a day.  I have no issues wearing a mask...in fact, with the way things have been going with the virus, I'll wear a Hazmat suit on the ship if I have to!

I find comments like that amusing. Just because I do something at work hardly means I'm doing it on vacation too. Some people wear a suit to work. I certainly would't spend a week in the Caribbean wearing a suit. However, maybe you would.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Not if they all wait until 2 days before the ship sails. The way things are changing on a daily basis I would be waiting until the last possible minute before I canceled.

Me too.

This would be an interesting poll without the flames.

To each his/her own.

We will not cruise if we have to mask up. We'll find an alternative vacation if we have to. It's a personal thing.

Nothing wrong with those who would cruise with a mask.

• Like 4

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I am holding zero FCCs. I either cancelled with refundable deposits or lifted & shifted.

I think there are a lot of people especially those who live in Florida with a stack of FCCs burning a hole in their pocket and they are willing to put up with just about anything. There were people willing to board a ship in the thick of the pandemic so wearing a mask is not an inconvenience.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, baldilocks said:

We are fully vaccinated and see no need to be wearing masks and social distancing on Royal ships. So if they want to do this, we will cancel along with some friends that say the same thing. They are are not going to come all the way from NE to wear masks on a ship.

If you sail out of Florida, you may have a problem (they allow non vaccinated)...if you sail from elsewhere, there is no mask mandate.  Of course, things can change.  Masks don't bother me....but if it bothers you, there are destination vacations available.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, craig01020 said:

I totally agree, which is why I'm so excited to cruise on Norwegian this fall:

normal cruise.png

I don't understand how NCL can cruise out of Florida requiring 100% Vax when they are subject to the same rules as RCCL???  How is that happening?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I don't understand how NCL can cruise out of Florida requiring 100% Vax

My cruise is out of Athens. I don't think NCL has any Florida cruises planned until August. They have threatened to pull out of Florida...we'll see.

13 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I don't understand how NCL can cruise out of Florida requiring 100% Vax when they are subject to the same rules as RCCL???  How is that happening?

Norwegian knows how to tell some to go to Halifax....plus they are considering leaving Florida altogether.  My group has decided not to sail from Florida until rules change.  COVID is going nowhere....can you imagine, ships full of non vaccinated 60 year olds?  The disease is going to have a ball.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Celebrity who is under the same umbrella as Royal Caribbean is also sailing 100% vaccinated out of Florida.

12 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

Norwegian knows how to tell some to go to Halifax....plus they are considering leaving Florida altogether.  My group has decided not to sail from Florida until rules change.  COVID is going nowhere....can you imagine, ships full of non vaccinated 60 year olds?  The disease is going to have a ball.

Us 60yr olds grew up with vaccines. They are second nature and they are free of conspiracy theories  . Be more afraid of the kale chip eating, tree huggers who shop at Whole Foods. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, baldilocks said:

We are fully vaccinated and see no need to be wearing masks and social distancing on Royal ships. So if they want to do this, we will cancel along with some friends that say the same thing. They are are not going to come all the way from NE to wear masks on a ship.

We may never cruise again after more than 25 cruises that we have enjoyed....If masks are required we will cancel our upcoming January, 22 cruise...we have already had 2 other cruises cancelled.  The extremely slow start up of the industry is quite disappointing.

8 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Celebrity who is under the same umbrella as Royal Caribbean is also sailing 100% vaccinated out of Florida.

Not 100%, but very close to it. At least 95% fully vaccinated. And they are doing it by voluntary submission of vaccine status at boarding. First cruise is on Saturday. No objection from Florida. They got around the law and NCL can do the same. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Us 60yr olds grew up with vaccines. They are second nature and they are free of conspiracy theories  . Be more afraid of the kale chip eating, tree huggers who shop at Whole Foods. 

I hear you...I'm not too far from 60 (lets not rush it)...but there are a number of "seasoned" Americans who wont take the vaccine (adamantly).....and they are all going to cruise from Florida.  (smh)

• Like 4

Just now, harkinmr said:

Not 100%, but very close to it. At least 95% fully vaccinated. And they are doing it by voluntary submission of vaccine status at boarding. First cruise is on Saturday. No objection from Florida. They got around the law and NCL can do the same. 

I consider 95% a 100% leaving those who are not eligible being the 5%. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, billf0401 said:

We may never cruise again after more than 25 cruises that we have enjoyed....If masks are required we will cancel our upcoming January, 22 cruise...we have already had 2 other cruises cancelled.  The extremely slow start up of the industry is quite disappointing.

There is only a mask mandate out of Florida...if you want to cruise without a mask, be vaccinated and cruise out of another port.  The slow start is likely.  They are trying to maneuver with a pandemic and nonsensical outside factors.  They will be fine.  

19 hours ago, KKB said:

I was a mask queen until I got vaccinated (still had to wear one at work).

Now (plus the heat), I don't want to wear them if I don't have to!

I booked this upcoming Celebrity cruise not knowing for sure if we would have to, so I guess I wanted to cruise more than I want to not wear a mask. 

Luckily Celebrity is not requiring us to wear a mask if we prove vaccination, at least on these N. America cruises (tho things could change...). 

And we are coming all the way from NE...and paid $3500. Ouch. But I'm dying to cruise again!!

perhaps dying to cruise is not appropriate 

• Haha 1