Edge Luminae Question

OMW

Hi All,

Quick question...is there a bar to hang out at pre-dinner inside or near Luminae on the Edge?  I have studied the deck plans and cannot detect one.  

Thanks

OMW

No. It's on another floor, same elevator bank. I read that some people go to the Retreat bar, and before they move on to Luminae, they ask the Retreat  hostess to call Luminae to see if there's a wait. I asked the hostess to do this and she looked at me like I was nuts, said there's never a wait, and refused to call. Yup, there was a wait. But it's a lovely space with a nice outdoor area, and a one minute trip from there to Luminae. 

Edited by JFontaine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks J.  We do not take elevators (it's crazy, I know, it's just our way to get extra exercise in!) so it sounds like somewhat of an inconvenience.   Oh well...bigger problems in the world than this!  How late is the Retreat Bar open?  We eat late.  

Sorry about the hostess...does not sound very customer service oriented to me.  

Don't know the exact hours for the Retreat Lounge but it is open later than Luminae. Luminae is on deck 12 and the Retreat Lounge on deck 15 so 2 floor up. In case you are wondering, there are no restrooms on deck 12 by Luminae either.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

1 hour ago, JFontaine said:

No. It's on another floor, same elevator bank. I read that some people go to the Retreat bar, and before they move on to Luminae, they ask the Retreat  hostess to call Luminae to see if there's a wait. I asked the hostess to do this and she looked at me like I was nuts, said there's never a wait, and refused to call. Yup, there was a wait. But it's a lovely space with a nice outdoor area, and a one minute trip from there to Luminae. 

She should be demoted to Blu. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Not me. Glad our suite is on deck 12.

Good to know.  Now I’m glad I booked my suite on deck 12, too.  I’ve been fretting about my choice of cabin…until right now!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OMW said:

Thanks J.  We do not take elevators (it's crazy, I know, it's just our way to get extra exercise in!) so it sounds like somewhat of an inconvenience.   Oh well...bigger problems in the world than this!  How late is the Retreat Bar open?  We eat late.  

Sorry about the hostess...does not sound very customer service oriented to me.  

We always use the stairs for the exercise.  Problem is it doesn’t burn many calories.   Going up 10 flights used about 10 calories over sitting doing nothing.  I turned on my Apple Watch for exercise and that was the result.   We still use the stairs and leave the lifts for those that really need it.   We also like the extra bit of exercise. Take it while we can 

Don’t be fooled that using the stairs will compensate for the mudslide, pina colada, desert and etc    Every little bit helps but it is at as much as you think.  30 minutes on a thread mill doesn’t negate much.  The only good point is while on the tread mill you aren’t consuming any calories and it improves your endurance.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

There is a restroom in Luminae and it was operational in January 2020.  If I recall there was an issue early on where people were unable to get out due to a lock issues and it took a long time to resolve.

Thank you all for the info.  We are simply looking for a place to relax and have a drink or two before dinner at Luminae.  It's poor planning by Celebrity for not having a bar/lounge adjacent or very close to Luminae IMO.  That being said, in the big scheme of things not a big deal.  Adapt or die!  We'll figure it out.